The Walking Dead S6 (no comic spoilers)

AncalagonTheBlack

3 hours ago, dbunting said:

I agree with you. I thought Carl was dead. I thought either Abraham or Sasha was dead. I thought Glenn was dead.

Call me what you want, but I believe this show will kill off a main person this season still.

And for you happy positive people, if the show sucks so bad, stop watching it! I don't like sour kraut, guess what, I don't eat it! I don't order it and then bitch about it.

Have you seen the rant and rave threads here lol? I think hate watching is a thing here...

It was only at the start where I genuinely felt that either Abe or Sasha or both were goners, then that didn't happen. Not for a second did it cross my mind that either Glenn or Carl would die. And, yeah, "shocking death of a main character" is the bread and butter of this show so a main character dying by the end of the season is hardly surprising. I think that someone from the core group is going to be killed this season so here are my predictions:

1. Maggie: Don't know how keen the showrunners would be to have another baby added to the cast (My guess: not very). Killing off a pregnant Maggie would be the biggest shock, imo.

2. Glenn: He has miraculously survived a number of times so I think that actually going through with killing him might come as a surprise.

3. Daryl: his character has stagnated and I haven't found him to be interesting in a long time. He is an immensely popular character though so the showrunners might be reluctant to kill him off but if they do it would undoubtedly come as a major shock.

That was legitimately one of the best episodes of TWD in YEARS, and that was before Richonne happened. It was so nice to see a light, fun, funny episode where we don't get a bunch of shitheads standing around moralizing and debating the state of the world and how things work now while an endless avalanche of misery happens in the background.

People talking like real people, supply runs which is a thing that should never NOT be happening, and a significant time jump where we didn't have to watch Rick hovering over Coral for weeks and watching people burning and hauling bodies. Plus we get the introduction of an awesome new character. And thank god for no Carol and Morgan this episode.

It was decent. Apart from the scenes between Coral and emo girl. And the scenes between Michone and the son. But apart from those! it was okay.

If "Jesus" ends up being a good guy it's obvious he'll be the long term replacement for Daryl (or possibly Glen) who'll be offed by Negan.

Yeah the new guy seems to be prepped to stick around for a while. He is slick and good w hand to hand combat. When Rick and Darryl went out back to investigate the fire crackers I was like noooo don't leave the truck!

I liked this episode, a little lighter episode than most. They pretty much telegraphed the Rick/Michonne hook up from the opening scene. I thought they were going to time jump past where it started, so it was nice to see the end and realize they didn't. Also  little weird to actually see Judith as more than a back pack or bundle.

So, was that a good episode for Carl? He seemed to be withdrawn and a little off for most of it. Then when he wouldn't kill Deeana because it should be a loved one that does it, kind of brought him back around a little.

Wow so I'm the only one who thought the episode was pretty bad? The characterisation was ok, but I mean the whole supply run was so cringeworthy. How can Daryl and Rick be so stupid ? They should've been hauling ass to get that truck to Alexandria, because 1) it's full of food and 2) the truck works!. Nervemind leaving the other car, that was another stupid decision. 

Even after their bullshit jogging around to find the truck, they had to continue their little roadtrip. Once they found out that Jesus was on top of it, of course Daryl had to step out to... kick his ass ? And Rick HAD to get out to kill the 4-5 walkers... and my memories are hazy, but how did the truck end up being 10m away from a lake ?

7 minutes ago, The Unborn said:

They should've been hauling ass to get that truck to Alexandria, because 1) it's full of food and 2) the truck works!. Nervemind leaving the other car, that was another stupid decision. 

Can't argue with this. You knew as soon as they planned to leave a car behind that they wouldn't make it back. It made no sense. You had two people and two vehicles, drive both.

34 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Can't argue with this. You knew as soon as they planned to leave a car behind that they wouldn't make it back. It made no sense. You had two people and two vehicles, drive both.

Daryl only drives choppers, man.

38 minutes ago, The Unborn said:

Wow so I'm the only one who thought the episode was pretty bad? The characterisation was ok, but I mean the whole supply run was so cringeworthy. How can Daryl and Rick be so stupid ? They should've been hauling ass to get that truck to Alexandria, because 1) it's full of food and 2) the truck works!. Nervemind leaving the other car, that was another stupid decision. 

Even after their bullshit jogging around to find the truck, they had to continue their little roadtrip. Once they found out that Jesus was on top of it, of course Daryl had to step out to... kick his ass ? And Rick HAD to get out to kill the 4-5 walkers... and my memories are hazy, but how did the truck end up being 10m away from a lake ?

I agree, I didn't really like this episode.  

Two years into the apocalypse you should no longer be getting carjacked with firecracker distractions.  And they left the truck full of food, not once - but twice!  After it got stolen right out from under there noses the first time, here is an idea - don't leave the fucking truck unattended!  Don't even get out.  Why are they chasing this random vagrant around in a field?  Either leave him or shoot him in the head, but don't risk losing a god damned truck full of food when you have an entire community to support.  Obviously the whole thing was just to set up to begin a new plot-line since the Wolves / Zombie overrun of Alexandria plots have wound down and they needed to introduce a new character and demonstrate that this Jesus guy is formidable. 

But all that probably could have been done without Rick and Darryl looking like clowns instead of two guys who have survived two years of terrible conditions by being both clever and tough.  I feel like they made a series of mistakes in the episode that nobody who has made it that far would be making anymore.  

30 minutes ago, S John said:

I agree, I didn't really like this episode.  

Two years into the apocalypse you should no longer be getting carjacked with firecracker distractions.  And they left the truck full of food, not once - but twice!  After it got stolen right out from under there noses the first time, here is an idea - don't leave the fucking truck unattended!  Don't even get out.  Why are they chasing this random vagrant around in a field?  Either leave him or shoot him in the head, but don't risk losing a god damned truck full of food when you have an entire community to support.  Obviously the whole thing was just to set up to begin a new plot-line since the Wolves / Zombie overrun of Alexandria plots have wound down and they needed to introduce a new character and demonstrate that this Jesus guy is formidable. 

But all that probably could have been done without Rick and Darryl looking like clowns instead of two guys who have survived two years of terrible conditions by being both clever and tough.  I feel like they made a series of mistakes in the episode that nobody who has made it that far would be making anymore.  

Yeah.  I agree.

I actually liked episode one, but this one was a clunker.

1 hour ago, The Unborn said:

This episode was abysmal. Jesus somehow magicking his way out of the ropes and silently getting on top of the truck in the time it took rick to spin the key around his finger was the stupidest thing for me. I'm sure there's some idiotic fanboy rationale for that though.

He managed to get out of the rope TWICE! 

And creepy Jesus in the bedroom ended up there how exactly ? Was he already in their basement? Or did he ask around to find Rick's house? Unless there's a ''Rick's House'' sign outside, I guess he just magically knew that THAT house was were he was.

29 minutes ago, The Unborn said:

He managed to get out of the rope TWICE! 

And creepy Jesus in the bedroom ended up there how exactly ? Was he already in their basement? Or did he ask around to find Rick's house? Unless there's a ''Rick's House'' sign outside, I guess he just magically knew that THAT house was were he was.

And naturally, the fact that he escaped the ropes once was not sufficent information for them to actually, you know, secure him properly when they got back.

So dumb...

Oh ffs.  My significant other is now dead to me.  They told me this was the best episode ever.  I saw some headlines that claimed this was an amazing episode.  So despite my declaration that I was done with the show last week, I watched.  Holy fuck it was ridiculously terrible and unbearably dumb.

Daryl and Rick not immediately returning to Alexandria with both the truck and the car, all the stupid as the gas station that led to Jesus stealing the truck, Jesus somehow managing to break out of the ropes in just a few seconds and then crawl on the roof, them chasing Jesus around a field for no reason at all instead of letting him run away and them rushing back home, Rick backing the truck up to a fucking lake and getting out to kill a handful of zombies for no reason at all, taking Jesus back to camp instead of tying him up in a tree or in that damn truck that was just sitting pretty in the field, not wondering who tied up the zombies to the that truck in the field, leaving a tied up Jesus tied up alone in a house despite the fact that he'd already easily escaped the ropes.  I mean, fuck, seriously?  They should have stopped insisting that Rick was any sort of leader that real people would willingly follow.  He's the fucking worst.  

Poor Michonne.  It was clear Michonne was headed to join the Grimes family for some time now, but she deserves better.  Rick is one of the worst humans ever.  He's either on a mission to murder everyone not in his tribe or on a mission to be as dumb as possible.  I like Michonne as a character and am now sad she'll probably die.  

So I guess Michonne is taking Andrea's role from the comics as Rick's post-Lori love interest?

But yeah, that episode was pretty dumb.  It's amazing that these characters have stayed alive for so long and still fall for such stupid tricks.  The minute the gun shots started, I was thinking, "I'd be getting in my truck and getting the fuck out of there right about now."  It was also baffling to me that they left their car behind for absolutely no reason.  There were two of them and two vehicles.  Why would you leave a functional car behind when they are presumably a quite valuable resource in a zombie apocalypse?  Does Daryl not have his license or something?

The whole episode was really just insulting to the intelligence of the viewers.

Also, why were there cans of soda in a vending machine that was clearly food only?  This is America.  We have separate vending machines for soda.  As a former Ohioan, though, I did like the shout out to "pop."

3 minutes ago, briantw said:

But yeah, that episode was pretty dumb.  It's amazing that these characters have stayed alive for so long and still fall for such stupid tricks.  The minute the gun shots started, I was thinking, "I'd be getting in my truck and getting the fuck out of there right about now."  It was also baffling to me that they left their car behind for absolutely no reason.  There were two of them and two vehicles.  Why would you leave a functional car behind when they are presumably a quite valuable resource in a zombie apocalypse?  Does Daryl not have his license or something?

The whole episode was really just insulting to the intelligence of the viewers.

Also, why were there cans of soda in a vending machine that was clearly food only?  This is America.  We have separate vending machines for soda.  As a former Ohioan, though, I did like the shout out to "pop."

It would have been more believable had they used characters other than Rick and Darryl, but I think they were used to set up Jesus to be a new badass. I mean, if this ninja Houdini can get the best of those two then he must be formidable right?

As (Relic I believe?) stated earlier, Darryl only drives choppers man!

And yes, as a Michigan man, pop was a nice reference. I lived in the south for a couple years, 3rd and 4th grade, and took a while to grasp what a soda was.

Archived