New Star Trek Series on CBS

Werthead

3 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I think a lot of that is a more expansive way of describing my much broader statement... :P

And I tend to agree with your last point, though I enjoyed Enterprise for the most part.

I find it nearly impossible to watch seasons 1 or 2 episodes of Enterprise, I just find them excruciating to sit through. Exceptions are for a couple of season 2 ones, the Carbon Creek one and the Rura Penthe one maybe.

Though I like/love seasons 3 & 4 episodes.

Also,I don't care what it was used for before, this needed to be the theme!

1 hour ago, drawkcabi said:

I find it nearly impossible to watch seasons 1 or 2 episodes of Enterprise, I just find them excruciating to sit through. Exceptions are for a couple of season 2 ones, the Carbon Creek one and the Rura Penthe one maybe.

Though I like/love seasons 3 & 4 episodes.

Also,I don't care what it was used for before, this needed to be the theme!

The only season 1 or 2 episodes I really loved were the episodes featuring the Andorians.  My absolute favorite episode is North Star from season 3. 

It works both ways.

https://youtu.be/q8urmYZ8CiU

9 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

That would be amazing.  

9 hours ago, Rhom said:

I'm still struck by the similarities between the Discovery and the old Klingon Battleships and Romulan Warbirds.

A fun fan-theory I read was that this may indeed be a more militaristic branch of the Federation and therefore has Klingon/romulan tech too. Maybe a threat so serious all three work together (I can't recall if romulans were federation by the end of next gen era). They also said it might mean the crew is a balance of federation/klingon/romulan which could make for some interesting conflict in how they handle threats

1 hour ago, red snow said:

A fun fan-theory I read was that this may indeed be a more militaristic branch of the Federation and therefore has Klingon/romulan tech too. Maybe a threat so serious all three work together (I can't recall if romulans were federation by the end of next gen era). They also said it might mean the crew is a balance of federation/klingon/romulan which could make for some interesting conflict in how they handle threats

Federation: "Talk!"

Klingons: "Fight!"

Romulans: "Spy!"

The Romulans were definitely not part of the federation by the end of TNG. Only an uneasy alliance (built on an unscrupulous act) with the Federation to fight the Dominion in DS9.

11 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

It's NCC 1031.

Hercules on Ain't It Cool News has a theory that it's a ship dedicated to dealing with extraordinary threats, as part of Section 31.

That would be cool, but if that's the case I say poor choice for the name; If this is a warship, I would expect a name that evoked trait.

12 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

It's NCC 1031.

Hercules on Ain't It Cool News has a theory that it's a ship dedicated to dealing with extraordinary threats, as part of Section 31.

It works...maybe...I'd need a little more.  Virtually nothing about Section 31 has ever screamed "altruistic".  To set the supposed heroes of the show working for such an organization...it seems  little odd...

44 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

That would be cool, but if that's the case I say poor choice for the name; If this is a warship, I would expect a name that evoked trait.

I don't think it's a poor chouse ar all. Section 31 isn't like the Tal Shiar or the Obsidian Order, they try to stay invisible.  

9 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I don't think it's a poor chouse ar all. Section 31 isn't like the Tal Shiar or the Obsidian Order, they try to stay invisible.  

Yes you're right about that. They could try to hide the true nature of the ship.

But if the other theory is true, that this a warship build by the Federation in collusion with the Klingons and the Romulans, then it would be a poor choice for a name. I could see the Klingons wanting to blow it up just because of the name. :P 

15 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

Discovering secrets and the weaknesses of enemies :)  a Section 31 ship would also need to be able to get out of hot situations hence a bit more battle-hardened.

I still think this ship is only going to be one aspect of the show. The first teaser stated "new crews, new villains, new heroes, new worlds". That said if it's called "discovery" then I'd expect the Discovery ship to be the show's focus.

6 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Yes you're right about that. They could try to hide the true nature of the ship.

But if the other theory is true, that this a warship build by the Federation in collusion with the Klingons and the Romulans, then it would be a poor choice for a name. I could see the Klingons wanting to blow it up just because of the name. :P 

You're right about that. The Klingons wouldn't want any part of the name. 

4 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

It would more likely be a spy ship, not a war ship.

Are intelligence officers in blue shirts or gold?

I thought they were in red. Though security officers are in gold, so I'm not sure.

Archived