AMC's ‘The Terror’ (based on the novel by Dan Simmons)

AncalagonTheBlack

So I believe this will air in the UK in April...but only if you have that channel which aired Fear the Walking Dead (something to do with BT, fuck those guys, they are never getting any more of my money ever again). So yeah. might as well just forget about seeing this show if you're in the UK. 

On 9/10/2016 at 5:25 AM, polishgenius said:

Can't we give our time and adaptations to books that aren't written by people whose attitudes towards Islam have in the past made Trump look tolerant?

Please also remember to send a memo to Islam asking them to change their attitude toward the infidel.    If millions of people are going to disappear from Turkey and elsewhere to pave the way for the worldwide califate, our rudeness or politeness seems the less essential matter.   Also they don't super much care what we think.   So if Dan includes in his works the current tendency of the religion of peace to eliminate our cultures brutally, this is far more valuable and important than keeping a calm silent demeanor, which some apparently tried on the Titanic to little effect.

Also, new Simmons show!    Sounds like lots of X- Files eps with them wandering around in dark gray rooms with flashlights, only now in the cold!    I was wondering if Dan had quit or what.   Will check into this while eating cool ranch doritos for the chilling flavor.

1 minute ago, The Mother of The Others said:

Please also remember to send a memo to Islam asking them to change their attitude toward the infidel.    If millions of people are going to disappear from Turkey and elsewhere to pave the way for the worldwide califate, our rudeness or politeness seems the less essential matter.

Simmons wasn't being rude, he was advocating genocide. I don't approve of or think we should adapt the novels of ISIS either.

1 hour ago, Isis said:

So I believe this will air in the UK in April...but only if you have that channel which aired Fear the Walking Dead (something to do with BT, fuck those guys, they are never getting any more of my money ever again). So yeah. might as well just forget about seeing this show if you're in the UK. 

Yeah - the channel no-one watches unless they have sold their soul to BT. I swore never to use them again after my call was passed around a call centre office and could hear them laughing before telling me they were closing and had to call back the next day. That was in 2007 so doing pretty well - although recounting the tale has stirred up that seething anger I have at that company.

Luckily they don't appear to be anywhere near approaching Netflix/Amazon/Iplayer in terms of shows I want to watch. Hopefully they never get a foothold and Disney stream will make it hard for it to exist.

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Episode 2 airs tonight on AMC. The 1st episode aired yesterday right after TWD.But some sites are listing both ep 1 and 2 for tonight.:unsure:

I don't think it did, it was an "extended preview" after TWD and tonight is the proper first two episodes.

44 minutes ago, Werthead said:

I don't think it did, it was an "extended preview" after TWD and tonight is the proper first two episodes.

Nope,it was the full episode:

eta: it's also out on streaming now.

If you were expecting two hours of The Walking Dead on Sunday night, you were probably surprised to find that the second hour was actually dedicated to the first episode of AMC’s new show, The Terror.

If you missed the first episode of the 10-episode miniseries, you can catch the full two-part premiere on Monday night at 9pm on AMC

53 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Nope,it was the full episode:

eta: it's also out on streaming now.

Okay, no wonder the TWD crowd were so annoyed. Sounds like it was bait-and-switch.

I really enjoyed both of the released episodes, but I was expecting to - I really like Period Piece Survival Horror, and this looked perfect. It's good stuff - good acting, the production looks great, and so forth. 

I want more high-budget miniseries. 

23 hours ago, Werthead said:

Okay, no wonder the TWD crowd were so annoyed. Sounds like it was bait-and-switch.

That's a shitty trick to play on people. Firstly for walking dead viewers and secondly for non walking dead viewers who wanted to see the episode. Bad form FX! AMC!

I really liked the first two, not much terror though. 

6 hours ago, red snow said:

That's a shitty trick to play on people. Firstly for walking dead viewers and secondly for non walking dead viewers who wanted to see the episode. Bad form FX!

It's AMC, not FX.

44 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

I really liked the first two, not much terror though. 

It's AMC, not FX.

My bad - getting my UK and US broadcasters mixed up! FX's integrity is restored.

I haven't quite finished the second episode yet but it seems alright so far. I didn't like the opening scene. The book jumps around in time and I understand why they didn't wanna do that on the show but if they were gonna open with a flash-forward they could have picked something more interesting. Plus it seems to imply they've changed the ending of the book at least a bit.

Also lady silence talks and Crozier speaks her language? That's a weird change and I wonder how they're going to justify her not just explaining what's going on to him. 

Hickey seems more sympathetic that I would have expected. 

16 hours ago, Isis said:

Only BT customers. I don't even know anyone who has that channel.

Poor souls without the option to do otherwise and probably sold their souls for what appeared to be a good package deal.

The 3,4,5 hitters --Harris, Hinds, Menzies--on this show are impressive... 

I have no problem with the lack of action in the 1st 2 episodes... I expect this to be a slow burn... all I require, when people are telling a story, is... for it to be interesting, and to not roll my eyes due to bad writing/shark jumping... and I don't expect to have those problems with this show...

The first two episodes definitely held my interest. While not exactly scary, there is more than enough tension and suspense. The setting has me just as interested as the story so far.

On 27/03/2018 at 6:32 AM, AncalagonTheBlack said:

AMC has released all of season 1 on it's premium streaming service.

UK viewers will have to wait till the premiere on April 24th.

Longer than that. About 12 people have BT TV in the UK and all of them are for the football.

This was an astonishingly bad decision by AMC. I hope it ends up on Amazon TV after a few months (like the arrangement they have for Fear the Walking Dead).

Archived