NBA 2016 Playoffs Edition: Farewell, Kobe!

Tywin et al.

The thing is that the corner 3 isn't easier because of the distance to the basket - it's more because that's the spot on the court that defensive schemes find the hardest to defend, meaning that there are more wide open shots available from there. Seth Partnow explains it best. So moving the line out probably won't change anything in that respect - it will still be a hard place to cover and shooters will still flock to those positions. Sure, it might drop the %s slightly, but look at the points-per-shot line in that article I linked - it's still going to be the best bang-for-buck shot apart from the layup/dunk.

ST

The funniest part about moving the line back is that it wouldn't hurt the player they're trying to reign in. It would just hurt everyone else. Cheat Code's gonna Cheat Code.

21 minutes ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

So Boston was all talk?

Do GSW need Curry to beat Portland, or can they even sweep them without him and have him ready for the WCF?

Don't know about a sweep, but I think they should take them without Curry. I'll take The Warriors in 5. Maybe 6 if they sit him for the entirety of the series.  

/And Boston lost one of their best players in the 1st game of that series. Hard to take them to task.

21 minutes ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

So Boston was all talk?

No different than last year.  All they managed to do last year was fuck over Cleveland's title chances in an otherwise easy sweep.

12 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

The funniest part about moving the line back is that it wouldn't hurt the player they're trying to reign in. It would just hurt everyone else. Cheat Code's gonna Cheat Code.

I dont want too rein in the great pure 3pt shooters. I want the idiotic Josh Smith's of the world to be forced to give up on even attempting 3's. Moving out the 3 line will leave only the more talented range shooters attempting the shot in the regular offense. There would be less of these sets where you see 2-3 guys lurking near the line instead of competing at basketball.

The game has turned into 48 minute P-I-G (or H-O-R-S-E) matches, I'd like to see some semblance of a return to more fast break/transition style and more driving forwards ( remember that????). Magic and Julius Erving or some 6-11er shanking the rim 10 times a night, who would you rather watch?

Has there been a NBA team in recent memory with a more disappointing season than the Clippers? Has there been a season in recent memory where TWO teams have under performed to the same degree as the Rockets/Clips?

5 hours ago, Relic said:

Has there been a NBA team in recent memory with a more disappointing season than the Clippers? Has there been a season in recent memory where TWO teams have under performed to the same degree as the Rockets/Clips?

Clips were the 4th best team in the west and finished 4th. Would have advanced in the playoffs if not for injuries.

8 minutes ago, sperry said:

Clips were the 4th best team in the west and finished 4th. Would have advanced in the playoffs if not for injuries.

Yeah, I agree.  The two most disappointing teams this year were the Rockets and (distant second) the Wizards. 

1 hour ago, sperry said:

Would have advanced in the playoffs if not for injuries.

Yeah but they didn't. In a year that Doc Rivers said he would make wholesale changes after if they didn't compete for a title. In a year that Blake repeatedly punched an equipment manager, to the point where he broke his hand. If you a a Clippers fan you have to be feeling a HELL of a lot worse than Wizard fans. 

There is a really big chance that Paul and Griffin are not on this roster is November. 

18 minutes ago, Relic said:

Yeah but they didn't. In a year that Doc Rivers said he would make wholesale changes after if they didn't compete for a title. In a year that Blake repeatedly punched an equipment manager, to the point where he broke his hand. If you a a Clippers fan you have to be feeling a HELL of a lot worse than Wizard fans. 

There is a really big chance that Paul and Griffin are not on this roster is November. 

Thunder fans didn't want to blow up the roster after they missed the playoffs last year.  If your best plyaers get hurt you're not going to do well, it's as simple as that.

1 hour ago, Maithanet said:

Yeah, I agree.  The two most disappointing teams this year were the Rockets and (distant second) the Wizards. 

I'd put the Bulls up there too.  Pretty embarrassing to not make the playoffs in the East.

23 minutes ago, Triskan said:

I do realize that Portland was gifted the series due to those injuries, but they did win game 3 with the Clips at full power and had a chance at game 4 as well before Paul and Griffen went down.  Such a surprisingly good season after seeing it blown up last year.  I feel like Stotts got robbed of coach of the year.  It's not that I don't see the case for Kerr.  But they were the loaded defending champs, and look how well they did with Walton in there.  Portland finished about 20 places higher than predicted if you take the whole league.  That is insane.

Have to agree. I really don't see how they could go with Kerr after he missed more than a quarter of the season. 

Archived