(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion

6 minutes ago, Stag_legion said:

I personally think they killed off Rickon just so he wouldn't prevent Jon from becoming "king in the North". If Rickon had stayed alive, the northern lords would have had to declare for Rickon instead of Jon.

I think it's more on Sansa's behalf, given how Brienne is going about Sansa's claim and the whole LF thing. But yeah I can see that being the case too. Regardless, I still can't get over the stupid way Rickon died, I would have rather if he got killed off camera. 

18 minutes ago, Stag_legion said:

I personally think they killed off Rickon just so he wouldn't prevent Jon from becoming "king in the North". If Rickon had stayed alive, the northern lords would have had to declare for Rickon instead of Jon.

I dont think Jon will be the king in the north, because he wasnt there for himself and he saw the northeners reactionsto side with them, I dont think he would believe them and there is also Sansas lying, all together maybe he will take a new route.

But I think Sansas intentions were to take her revenge and to be the queen of westeros aka queen of betrayers (northeners).

5 minutes ago, yakisikli123 said:

I dont think Jon will be the king in the north, because he wasnt there for himself and he saw the northeners reactionsto side with them, I dont think he would believe them and there is also Sansas lying, all together maybe he will take a new route.

But I think Sansas intentions were to take her revenge and to be the queen of westeros aka queen of betrayers (northeners).

I am willing to bet Jon will be declared King in the north next episode, you heard it here first. The show is super predictable now.

Firstly, I'd like to say that I enjoyed the episode as a piece of entertainment.

However, a few WTF?!? moments for me were:

1)  The dragons breaking through the walls on their own.  Wouldn't it have made more sense for them to be released as part of Tyrion's plan?

2)  Jon being able to see Rickon from that distance.  When we saw the Bolton army from his perspective, it was just a dark grey line on the horizon.  How the f$%k would Jon have been able to make out Rickon?  It could have been anyone running toward him.

3)  Who let the dogs out?  Why didn't they attack whoever brought Ramsay in and tied him to the chair since they weren't restrained AND why did they politely wait for Sansa and Ramsay to have one final chat before they strolled out of their cells to chow down?  I would have preferred for Sansa to have had a couple of burly blokes drag him to the kennels and throw him to the dogs.  Not the neat, tied up to a chair Hannibal moment we got.

6 minutes ago, storm.131 said:

Firstly, I'd like to say that I enjoyed the episode as a piece of entertainment.

However, a few WTF?!? moments for me were:

1)  The dragons breaking through the walls on their own.  Wouldn't it have made more sense for them to be released as part of Tyrion's plan?

2)  Jon being able to see Rickon from that distance.  When we saw the Bolton army from his perspective, it was just a dark grey line on the horizon.  How the f$%k would Jon have been able to make out Rickon?  It could have been anyone running toward him.

3)  Who let the dogs out?  Why didn't they attack whoever brought Ramsay in and tied him to the chair since they weren't restrained AND why did they politely wait for Sansa and Ramsay to have one final chat before they strolled out of their cells to chow down?  I would have preferred for Sansa to have had a couple of burly blokes drag him to the kennels and throw him to the dogs.  Not the neat, tied up to a chair Hannibal moment we got.

Agreed   With 2) what rang in my ears was, "What do your elf-eyes see?" :lol:

1 hour ago, Stag_legion said:

I know what you mean but the show has already thrown feudal order out of the window.

If Rickon being the heir would matter in any way the Ramsay army would have rebelled when he shot the rightful heir of Winterfell in front of 10000 witnesses. The problem with this season is that it has degenerated to some 90s show where each episode is indepenent. In one episode characters do stuff for some reason and the next that reason is forgotten. Earlier Roose was worried about the political stability if they don't have any legitimacy, now it is forgotten and everybody just follows Boltons because they are official henchmen and henchmen never question their evil overlord. 

6 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

It's weird, right before I read your post, and the not very Stark like mention at the end, I was thinking of all the horrible praise for Sansa, Lady of The Kennels, and all I could think to myself was:  Wouldn't Ned be so proud? 

Actually, I found her whole smirking routines throughout the episode to be reminiscent of Dead Pan, maybe she's the second coming.  Or maybe........Sandra will get eaten by a dragon, there is always that to hope for.  :leer:

I think Ned is crying in his crypt for various reasons. Regarding Sansa 1° All the crap she is been put through. 2° Sacrificing her little brother (Ned & dead children => trauma) 3° vengeance instead of justice

5 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Jon and Rickon are the only ones in the whole episode I came away liking. It doesn't even matter what they did, the plot was nonsense. I just saw that they cared about each other. One moment, where two people actually seemed human, in an hour long show, and that was it.

I'm just going to pretend they went to book land, and had a nice reunion. Frolicked with Ghost and Shaggydog in a meadow. Set off to find Bran and Arya. Were joined by Nymeria on the way. Sure would have been better than what we have been watching.

:wub::wub: I love it when they play with their wolves. 

4 hours ago, rosehustle1 said:

Yeah, I see a lot of them falling for it on tumblr. I am a book Sansa fan so I was pissed by what they've done to this character on the show. Some Sansa fans are so blind to any flaws for the Show version that they actually had the gall to say Sansa killing Ramsay by dogs, was the Old Way. I was livid. No. The old way does not involve strapping a prisoner to a chair and having vicious dogs tear them apart. Oh, so she looked him in the eyes. That's not enough. And again only her vengeance mattered. The Old Way would have been done in public, in the light of day, with the Northern families  there (the ones who lost people in the red wedding) as well as the smallfolk who had been terrorized by Ramsay. Because that would have actually been cathartic for everyone damaged by the Boltons, it would have shown that Sansa and Jon are true to the Stark principles and are setting things back the right way. This would have been an actually empowering moment for her because she would be saying the words and showing herself as a leader, a protector of her people. This moment in the dungeon was only about her, and I'm sorry she wasn't the only one harmed by this man and his family.

"Vengeance?" Ned said. "I thought we were speaking of justice. Burning Clegane's fields and slaughtering his people will not restore the king's peace, only your injured pride." He glanced away before the young knight could voice his outraged protest, and addressed the villagers. "People of Sherrer, I cannot give you back your homes or your crops, nor can I restore your dead to life. But perhaps I can give you some small measure of justice, in the name of our king, Robert."

Anyone notice the slight retcon in the Tyrion/Theon conversation that I was annoyed by, honestly? When Tyrion remembered his conversation with Theon all the way back in S1 at Winterfell, the show made it appear like Theon had been a total asshole to him then and laughed at him, and Tyrion was now smirking at him for it and getting a bit of payback. However if you look back at that very conversation, it's precisely the other way around: Theon addresses him with only a slight tone of mockery, and then Tyrion completely destroys him verbally, makes fun of him for being a ward, makes fun of his family and then humiliates him by tossing a coin at his feet to buy him hookers.

8 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

LOL  I've finally just watched the episode (yes, it took me a good two days to talk myself into watching it) and I think I'm going with you, and I'm going to take it one further.  IF the show tries to give us a Good, but Oh So Bad Ass Lady Sybil Sandra.....I too will pretend she's just evil underneath going Mwhahahaha.  If they try to go with Evil or Ambiguous Sandra the SortaSlut then I am going to pretend she is Snow White and pure as the driven ahhhhhhhh.........snow?  LOL  

This is gonna be epic!:thumbsup:

22 minutes ago, TheSerb said:

Anyone notice the slight retcon in the Tyrion/Theon conversation that I was annoyed by, honestly? When Tyrion remembered his conversation with Theon all the way back in S1 at Winterfell, the show made it appear like Theon had been a total asshole to him then and laughed at him, and Tyrion was now smirking at him for it and getting a bit of payback. However if you look back at that very conversation, it's precisely the other way around: Theon addresses him with only a slight tone of mockery, and then Tyrion completely destroys him verbally, makes fun of him for being a ward, makes fun of his family and then humiliates him by tossing a coin at his feet to buy him hookers.

Yeah, I thought the same thing, Tyrion was constantly throwing the failures of the Ironborn back into Theon's face and then making fun of Theon's lack of success with women.

5 hours ago, LadyDoom said:

I don't think Jon did the wrong thing in riding to save Rickon. 

If the show happened in a universe where characters actions were driven by common sense or by their motivations and not by plot, Rickon would have zig zagged and Jon would have been able to bring him back, alive. 

Though then again, if common sense was a thing in this show I don't think Ramsay would have been so stupid to release the Stark heir just like that. 

But they needed to make Jon fall for RamsaySue schemes. Stark honor and love for family are dumb and must be punished. 

The same action could be accomplished by basically any other of his men. Smart generals (as I thought Jon was until S6E9) don't go 'in' like that. Also if Ramsey wanted Rickon dead, he could just shower him and Jon with arrows you know, there's no zig zag for that (but they just had to make Ramsey hit it, so we get that "ooooooooh now its personal" feeling, you know, just another cheap hollywood trick thrown at us).

Ramsey's actions also make less sense from political point of view (killing truthful heir like that instead of making him its pawn/reek, killing his own men - cavalry who in medieval times were noble men, not common peasants,...). Ramsey lost the North even if he won the battle, but then again, apparently no one gives a fuck in that universe.

Anyways, what is done its done, D&D again showed their "brilliance" and I'm baffled how these people can be hired for writing. I really hope we get the books.

8 hours ago, teemo said:

Amazing minor actors that have appeared in lots of critically acclaimed BBC dramas are on this show....  Too bad almost all of the main actors suck or are just "pretty good."  The main actors should be AMAZING in a show this big, not just "yeah, they're definitely a good actor, just not incredible."  That really is not enough.   Pretty much every critically acclaimed show has a powerhouse cast.  Even some pretty bad shows have a better cast than GoT. 

agree
The cast for the first season was great, but still great actors  mixed with the bad ones
I think the last good "main" actor  was Michelle Fairley, she is amazing even though at the end they started to ruin Cat too
Now we're left with all the main bad actors that were in the first season but were hidden by the good actors that were in scene with them

3 hours ago, TheSerb said:

:thumbsup: Exactly!

6 hours ago, Johannes Rimpiläinen said:

The problem with this season is that it has degenerated to some 90s show where each episode is indepenent. In one episode characters do stuff for some reason and the next that reason is forgotten.

That is my main criticism of this and the previous seasons too.  I still love the show but it really irritates me when they ignore the precedents they themselves set.

How is Dany going to negotiate with her conquered foes when she gets back to Westeros?  It seems every time she parleys with an opponent, she ends up just killing them.  Of course, having a Dothraki horde and dragons as the core of your army doesn't lead to much being left to negotiate with.  I'm sure all those Iron Born will happily follow her no-reaving policy, too.  They seem ready to convert to an economy based on mining.

10 hours ago, -Ghost- said:

Why did Wun Wun not have a weapon? That made zero sense. He finally picked up something and Barry Bonds' MF'ers towards the end, but if someone was like, "here Wun Wun, take this tree" he could have wrecked shit.

Where is the Karstark? He just disappeared. 

Yes and yes.  Also, where was Ghost?

On 20.06.2016 at 4:57 PM, Elisabetta Duò said:

Tyrion had no way to know the man had changed so much and I don’t get all this fuss about a couple of (not even so harsh) remarks. 

Actually Tyrion was the one who insulted Theon last time they saw. He called him hostage and his father fool for rebelling. And dont use fragments from books as they have no connection with the show.

Archived