(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion

45 minutes ago, Paxter Redwyne said:

Actually Tyrion was the one who insulted Theon last time they saw. He called him hostage and his father fool for rebelling. And dont use fragments from books as they have no connection with the show.

First of all, you can order your own sister around using imperative verbs ( "don't use" ) if she lets you. You'll be polite talking to me (besides, the part of the book I quoted expressed in a nutshell feelings that Tyrion shows in the show as well).

Second, the part of my comment you quoted and your answer have no logical connection.

Both Tyrion and Theon acted arrogantly last time they met.

Theon was probably worse because it's not the same if you make an hurtful remark about someone's (or his family's) actions or choices and their consequences and if you offend somebody who is let's say in a wheelchair for being in a wheelchair, a dwarf for being a dwarf, an ill man for being ill: that's just not the same. If Theon replied Tyrion saying all Lannisters are usurpers and Tyrion himself is in fact an hostage of his own tyrant father, that would be fine. Offending him for just being what he is, for just being a dwarf, that was not.

Anyway, even assuming they were eqwually arrogant, it doesn't change:

- that the only memory Tyrion had about Theon was the memory of an arrogant child who insulted him for being disadvantaged;

- that, both in the books and  in she show Tyrion is convinced Theon has murdered his wife's brothers Rickon and Bran and both in the show and in the books Tyrion is 100% against child murder and as respectful of the Stark family as he can be as a Lannister (he thought Ned honorable, he admired Catelyn, he had Ned's ashes sent to her, he wanted to give back Ned's sword, he tried to convince Tywin to trade Sansa for Jamie, he uses typical Staks' expressions like 'the northerners will never forget', similar to 'the north remembers' - even more so in the books - etc. etc.).

What part of your comment proved these points untrue? No one.

Did you expect Tyrion to say 'oh welcome, you were the one who insulted me for being a dwarf, betrayed the people who trusted you and murdered a couple of innocent childs who also happen to be my wife's brothers in the process, how nice to meet you again'?!

Maybe they will have time to talk and see what has changed for the both of them.. Tyrion will come to understand that Theon, being now a 'disadvantaged' person himself and mocked himself, is the first one who is ashamed of his previous behavior and it will be the end of their hostility; Tyrion might trust Theon's words about Bran and Rickon and truly believe he's not a murderer of childs; he could even be the one who makes Tyrion know that Sansa and Podrick are alive. I don't know if there will be screen time for any of this, because there is so much meat to squeeze in just a couple of seasons at the most, but who knows.

OH MY, I must have stumbled into the Tyrion can do no wrong thread?  Eh, as usual, The D;s Tyrion was pretty friggin boring anyway.   Honestly, I can't believe how awful all of the Mereen stuff was, from the CGI of the city as the dragons attacked to the clash of Daario's Dothraki with Harpies.  The dragons themselves were ok, it was everything around them that looked terrible.  Still, I'd take that over Boring Tyrion's dialogue.   Hopefully Dany will put an end to his bad jokes and silly drinking games.  That'd be something to put in the positive column. 

14 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Dance this mess around! B-52's flashback. :lol:

Yeah, they'll just throw everything together however they want it to be, to wrap this thing up.

14 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

They've ruined the entire Stark family, with the exception of Arya .  Other than the fact people have been rooting for them for 6 seasons, there is no reason to support them.  Sandra Bolton: evil and stupid, mini needle was a clue she would turn into mini-Cersei, she's now meaner than Carol, seven save us.  Jon, even dumber than Sandra, not as mean, but too dumb to lead the North, Bran, kid can't follow a single direction, hold the door, and his stupidity got everyone around him killed and opened the door for the apocalypse, so, he's out.  Arya only became brutally stupid for that one segment then regained her awesome Avengers skills, so other than the fact that she's a stone cold eye gouging out killer....she's sort of okay. LOL. 

The NK should blow WF and everyone in it right the fuck up.

Sorry, my laptop overheated after posting last night.  

Arya is still ok with me, after all, she did leave Sexy Jesus, errrrr Not So Kindly, But More So Confusing Jaqen alive.  Therefore, she is still my girl.  

16 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

You know what, I dont believe that Sandra (yes, im gonna start using it too) is evil. But for the sake of headcanon and a more interesting story, im gonna pretend she is. It's gonna be AWESOME.

Sandra is like the Jar Jar of GoT. Is she secretly a Sith or were the creators just making random stupid stuff up?

Everyone keeps going on about Ramsey being dead (as well as The NonStarklike way he was dispatched) that I think we are all forgetting the most important thing:  

WTF happened to The Twenty Good Men?  No One (HA) will be safe until we answer that one.  :P

2 hours ago, storm.131 said:

Yes and yes.  Also, where was Ghost?

Put aside for the giant (oh wait, during the battle of season four they had giants, mammoths & a direwolf...)

They probably spent everything on the three fire-breathing lizard-money with wings

On 22 giugno 2016 at 3:57 PM, Lady Fevre Dream said:

OH MY, I must have stumbled into the Tyrion can do no wrong thread?  Eh, as usual, The D;s Tyrion was pretty friggin boring anyway.   Honestly, I can't believe how awful all of the Mereen stuff was, from the CGI of the city as the dragons attacked to the clash of Daario's Dothraki with Harpies.  The dragons themselves were ok, it was everything around them that looked terrible.  Still, I'd take that over Boring Tyrion's dialogue.   Hopefully Dany will put an end to his bad jokes and silly drinking games.  That'd be something to put in the positive column. 

I agree about that (not the usual lythany at the beginning - funny how it's here, a forum where almost no one but a few members can stand Tyrion, the place where I hear frequent complaints about everyone loving him - but i agree about the the rest).

The Mereen stuff was awful the whole season and S6 Tyrion was a total disappointment, he had little screen time and no storyline at all (except for releasing the dragons.. but then they didn't pursue that storyline ... whatever Tyrion's connection with dragons is - I don't think he's a Targ - we won't find out until later in the series).

I wonder why D&D had him come to Mereen so soon if they clearly didn't know what to do with him. I don't care at all about Penny, I don't think they cut his journey to santify him or anything (imo they just think the viewers are dumb and they are trying to keep it as simple as they can and throw in the least new characters they can.. that's also why they cut Illyrio and had Varys have his storyline, a change that resulted in a mess because they had to make him run back to Westeros - where he is in the books - with an excuse, probably they know he has some business over there): still, I think they should have showed us his post-murder depression and should have hinted at least at his suicidal thoughts... and then the part with Ben would have been nice to watch or at least better than the crap we got. They are quite out of character with him at the moment, in general and even in the smallest details (he always worked hard, wine or not, and he always had a book in hand … now in a whole year we have never seen him read anything and he spent his days making - badly written and cheesy - jokes with Greyworm and Missandei).

Arya is another character whose storyline has been badly written to say the least (see episode 8 in particular but overall too).

Apparently all the characters I love the most have to suffer D&D's bad writing. At this point I'm glad I'm not a Jon Snow fan because let's face it, he has been dumbed down too.

2 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Everyone keeps going on about Ramsey being dead (as well as The NonStarklike way he was dispatched) that I think we are all forgetting the most important thing:  

WTF happened to The Twenty Good Men?  No One (HA) will be safe until we answer that one.  :P

But the 20 good men are only as good as the 21st good man, right? Without him, I imagine them kind of like bumbling oafs in Wintefell's training yard. They have footballs stuck in their helmets, horrible jousting mistakes gone wrong, that kind of stuff.

15 hours ago, Elisabetta Duò said:

First of all, you can order your own sister around using imperative verbs ( "don't use" ) if she lets you. You'll be polite talking to me (besides, the part of the book I quoted expressed in a nutshell feelings that Tyrion shows in the show as well).

Second, the part of my comment you quoted and your answer have no logical connection.

Both Tyrion and Theon acted arrogantly last time they met.

Theon was probably worse because it's not the same if you make an hurtful remark about someone's (or his family's) actions or choices and their consequences and if you offend somebody who is let's say in a wheelchair for being in a wheelchair, a dwarf for being a dwarf, an ill man for being ill: that's just not the same. If Theon replied Tyrion saying all Lannisters are usurpers and Tyrion himself is in fact an hostage of his own tyrant father, that would be fine. Offending him for just being what he is, for just being a dwarf, that was not.

Anyway, even assuming they were eqwually arrogant, it doesn't change:

- that the only memory Tyrion had about Theon was the memory of an arrogant child who insulted him for being disadvantaged;

- that, both in the books and  in she show Tyrion is convinced Theon has murdered his wife's brothers Rickon and Bran and both in the show and in the books Tyrion is 100% against child murder and as respectful of the Stark family as he can be as a Lannister (he thought Ned honorable, he admired Catelyn, he had Ned's ashes sent to her, he wanted to give back Ned's sword, he tried to convince Tywin to trade Sansa for Jamie, he uses typical Staks' expressions like 'the northerners will never forget', similar to 'the north remembers' - even more so in the books - etc. etc.).

What part of your comment proved these points untrue? No one.

Did you expect Tyrion to say 'oh welcome, you were the one who insulted me for being a dwarf, betrayed the people who trusted you and murdered a couple of innocent childs who also happen to be my wife's brothers in the process, how nice to meet you again'?!

Maybe they will have time to talk and see what has changed for the both of them.. Tyrion will come to understand that Theon, being now a 'disadvantaged' person himself and mocked himself, is the first one who is ashamed of his previous behavior and it will be the end of their hostility; Tyrion might trust Theon's words about Bran and Rickon and truly believe he's not a murderer of childs; he could even be the one who makes Tyrion know that Sansa and Podrick are alive. I don't know if there will be screen time for any of this, because there is so much meat to squeeze in just a couple of seasons at the most, but who knows.

You really feel offended because i talked to per you? It's normal that in internet forum people write in this way. Internet language is not same as written language or spoken language. It's mix of both and major theme in internet is speed and communication.  I haven't wrote anything bad about you anyway, so i don't understand your anger.

Back to your comment:

I don't remember Theon in first season to actually ever joke about Tyrion's dwarfism. Last time they met he talked friendly to him, advising him what whore should he visit. 

Tyrion may feel respect for starks but they were his enemies in war anyways so him being angry for killing childs (bran and rickon in show are also much older than in books, so by westerosi standards they were nearly adults) is not very plausible. He have cooperated with murderers many times, and bronn who admitted to being able to kill newborn is even his friend. I also doubt that producers of show though about it when creating this scene. 

Tyrion treated well Sansa but he never was tied with starks. He was 100% lannister and he always propound his familly business than everyone. Tyrion met Theon only once and even this one time he didn't thought badly about him. 

And top of all Tyrion did not know about any of theon's dickish moves in first seasons. Viewer know that Theon was dick, but there is no way Tyrion knew about it. And Theon being a womanizer should not be big problem for Tyrion as he too likes whores.

Considering how Tyrion have joked about eunuchs multiple times in this season, he really shouldn't feel anger for Theon. He may distrust him but had no reason to be angry.

Hello Sers and Ladies, long time lurker first time poster. I just wanted to respond to some comments much earlier in thread (sorry don’t feel like backtracking to properly reply to them) about the lack of critical response from media on this episode and thought I’d include this:

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/6/20/11975254/game-of-thrones-scorecard-episode-6-09-battle-of-the-bastards

It’s from a writer who is typically very supportive of the show and whose reviews are mostly light hearted and humorous but even he had some pointed remarks. The highlight being this (read in Sansa’s voice):

"Oh hey Jon! So, you've consulted your trusted advisers? Finalized your battle plan? There's nothing that can be changed at this late hour? Basically this conversation is delaying the rest you vitally need before a big battle?

"Great! Just wanted to make sure all of that was clear before I told you THAT YOU SHOULD HAVE ASKED MY OPINION ABOUT WHAT TO DO. Oh sure, I was here for your entire strategy meeting and all of the previous ones, and I easily could have spoken up THEN, but I'm a wildly uneven character who oscillates in intelligence and temperament from scene to scene.

"So what should you do? I don't know! I don't know tactics, I'm just here to give shitty advice you're going to ignore. Oh, also I'm withholding key information about the heavy cavalry that will ride in to save your ass -- but only after thousands of people are slaughtered.

"Anyhoo, we're both pretty dumb but we'll win anyway, so go ahead and do whatever."

re Theon making jokes about Tyrion... Smells like a retcon to me. In his latest video, Preston Jacobs dug up the scene when they met; it was in fact Tyrion who insulted Theon...

I knew these threads would be heavily trolled this week. Sigh...

And that last episode's moment of realization would be reversed for at least half the people thanks the spectacle D&D like to spoonfeed. Le sigh...

Maybe I'll get around to watching it later, to give a proper rant.

18 hours ago, rosehustle1 said:

Yeah, I would have kept the original actress that played Dany. She's much better. I would have switched out Sophie Turner for Eleanor Tomlinson.  I would have switched out Kit for Tom Payne. I would have kept Margery closer to her book age and cast someone like Adelaide Kane.

Hmmmm....Pretty interesting choices. 

Ramsay Bolton must have been the worst warden in the history of the North. Hope the new rulers will build a better information network. We know that Moat Cailin has stood for 8000 years and it is generally believed it cannot be taken from the south. (The Boltons only succeded because they came from the north and Theon/Reek fooled the Ironborn.) Yet this historical event somehow happens but the lord never even notices that MC is lost! The loss of MC puts the north is in severe trouble considering the Boltons rebelled against the Lannisters by marrying Sandra the suspect kingslayer.  It is not as if MC hasn't been in enemy hands for a while either considering LF had time to travel to Molestown and back and yet muster the army after that. And to top it all the Vale army also manages to move with  5000+ troops in complete stealth. The march from MC to Winterfell ought to have taken some weeks, and yet not one single northerner notices anything. Remarkable!

1 hour ago, KarlVyt said:

Pretty interesting choices. 

If "interesting" has become synonymous with "terrible" then I concur, my hatred for Clarke, Harington, and Turner as Daenerys, Jon, and Sansa respectively withstanding.

Archived