Video Games: Thread Simulator 2016

KiDisaster

The Qunari light armor (the one they make mages wear) isn't what I'd call a 'great' selection, but it's at least more interesting than most of the mage selections. I would really like some Tevinter apparel, if I remember correctly there was a magister robe in DA:O I was very fond of but it was only like level 10 so I couldn't wear it much.

7 hours ago, Jasta11 said:

It does seem like Belegar is OP, however, since he has no less than 4 Ethereal heroes supporting him right at the start; 2 Thanes, a Runesmith and a Master Engineer. I assume their stats and health are tweaked to accomodate their Ethereal status (which grants massive physical damage reduction), otherwise Ethereal Thanes (already amongst the strongest melee heroes) supported by a Runesmith are going to be damn near invincible to anything short of a stack of Giants. Belegar and his ghosts will definitely be able to defeat most early and mid game armies by themselves.

I mean, it's single player so balance isn't a primary concern. But I wouldn't want the game to be brokenly easy either.

He does get increased upkeep for all of his units until he retakes Karak Ang-whatever, so maybe they actually intend for you to rely on the ghost crew because you won't be able to afford a good battle line for awhile.  Either way, should be fun to see.  

I'd be pretty happy with just a PC port announcement. But a new game (that's on PC to begin with) would be even better. 

---

Finished the GoW4 campaign last night. The last section of the game is pretty damn cool. Ends on a really random and unsatisfying sort-of-cliffhanger though. I know they're setting up a new trilogy but I expected a little more than that. It was a "Really? That's the ending?" kinda moment. 

Anyway, I've uninstalled the game now because it seems to be causing issues with my PC. I've been having to do system restores nearly every time I boot the damn thing, which uninstalls the game so I've had to reinstall it about four times just to get through the campaign. As far as I can tell the game being installed is what was causing the issue because it's the only thing that's changing between the computer booting and working perfectly, and then not booting at all without a restore. I'm hoping this is the case because otherwise it likely means my SSD is fucked. 

As someone who doesn't own a console newer than the N64, I'd be happy with a PC version of Read Dead Redemption, albeit a new game would be even better.

Just put it on PC, Rockstar. Pls. Even if it comes out later like GTA V. You guys do good ports, don't deny me this.

On 15/10/2016 at 0:48 PM, Pony Queen Jace said:

I done bought all the DA dlc. I hope you nerds were right about the enjoyability or I'LL FIND YOU!!!!!!

I have Jaws of Hakkon, the deep roads DLC and Trespasser. Is there another DLC? 

The deep roads DLC has at least one hoarde mode fight that I just found to be utterly tedious and made me not want to play through it again with another character. But fighting a full range of darkspawn was a nice nostalgia trip.

Trespasser is the best in terms of the continuing story and clearly has implications for future game(s). I think it's a good DLC to play with any plays through you intend to carry forward into the next game. I hope the default outcome for trespasser if you don't have a playthrough to carry forward will depend on specific attributes of your inquisitor. But in terms of the DLC itself it's OK. I think Jaws of Hakkon was the most fun to play, and to weave into the main campaign and come and go from the area just the same as any other area of the main game.

So I've found myself playing Pillars of Eternity again. I never finished it the first time, barely making it to Defiance Bay before losing interest and with Tyranny coming out, I figured I should at least make another go at this.

I started over from the beginning as I didn't really care for my previous character all that much (a barbarian) and decided to go full cipher. Yeah, this is much more enjoyable now. Way more crowd-control and abilities that just cause mayhem in general, albeit at the expense of my character being a huge ass glass cannon. I tried going ranged at the beginning, but decided to ditch that and went two-weapon fighting with the two fastest weapons I could find.

Really, really vague spoilers below. Actually, not really even spoilers, but I'm just playing it safe.

Spoiler

I've finished up Caed Nua and am currently fucking around in the Dyrwood before I go and tackle Readric's Keep at some point. I hated that area the first time through so I'm not really looking forward to doing it again this time.

Hopefully I make it a little further and maybe even finish the game this time.

6 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

I think Pillars of Eternity is a first thing I buy if/when I buy a PC that can handle it.

Shouldn't take much of a PC to handle it.  It's not exactly the Doom remake graphically.

Archived