HBO's Westworld- Enter the maze [spoilers]

Ramsay B.

6 hours ago, karaddin said:

Elsie's not for that, she's for the ladies! Also only The Right Hemsworth™

should be allowed to have romantic relationships.

Lmao she can be bi!!! She is in my head anyway. And now there's a cool got gun slinging lady with girl on girl tendencies so :P

Really all we've seen Elsie do is kiss a host when she's on stand by which was a bit creepy and made me kinda uncomfortable really but I do think she's bi. I guess we have Logan as an openly bi character but he's an asshole so...

17 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

I'm on the fence now with the William & his buddy are in the past....his asshole future brother in law does look a lot like Hector...and I'm wondering if Ford's new story is going to be some kind of take on the 'critical failure' of 30 years ago....which probably had something to do with robot uprising/crazy black church buried in the sand...since he did say all great stories are built around the truth.  It would be a really, really dark take though for the nice guy to turn into a totally depraved freakazoid robot torturing nut job...so, not convinced, but no longer ruling it out.  LOL, now that almost everyone has.

Don't get me wrong I still think the william as a MiB flashback would have been cool. It's why I argued it. But I can't square how the episode ending with Delores using the gun and then stumbling across William. Unless they are really trying to mislead that had to be present Delores. She saw the MiB flash before her eyes before killing the guy in the stable. So William can't be the MiB and as we see the MiB in the present William has to be in the present too. Unless MiB is a host and always looks that old in which case William could still be in a flashback but then the timeline of the show is getting very tricky.

The next episode will hopefully clarify further as they'll have trouble misleading us on Delores and William when they are both together. Surely she has to admit to the shooting and this will then alert the showrunners/staff as they will probably monitor while she is interacting with William.

1 hour ago, red snow said:

Don't get me wrong I still think the william as a MiB flashback would have been cool. It's why I argued it. But I can't square how the episode ending with Delores using the gun and then stumbling across William. Unless they are really trying to mislead that had to be present Delores. She saw the MiB flash before her eyes before killing the guy in the stable. So William can't be the MiB and as we see the MiB in the present William has to be in the present too. Unless MiB is a host and always looks that old in which case William could still be in a flashback but then the timeline of the show is getting very tricky.

Agreed. I suspect there probably is some sort of timeline funkiness going on that hasn't been revealed yet, but I think that episode ending clearly prevents William from being the MiB. Just by the nature of the loops the hosts are in, any characters that don't have any direct connections to each other could be at different points in the timeline. 

It might not even be years, just days or months. For instance, I like the theory that Wyatt and his gang are actually guests who really want a dark experience. I could see the show go in the direction where William (or Logan) is Wyatt, and his scenes are taking place a few months before the ones where Teddy was killed by the gang.

25 minutes ago, Fez said:

Agreed. I suspect there probably is some sort of timeline funkiness going on that hasn't been revealed yet, but I think that episode ending clearly prevents William from being the MiB. Just by the nature of the loops the hosts are in, any characters that don't have any direct connections to each other could be at different points in the timeline. 

It might not even be years, just days or months. For instance, I like the theory that Wyatt and his gang are actually guests who really want a dark experience. I could see the show go in the direction where William (or Logan) is Wyatt, and his scenes are taking place a few months before the ones where Teddy was killed by the gang.

It seemed too fast for guests to have gotten into the Wyatt storyline?  But it was weird that Teddy's bullets had no effect on them, which would suggest they were guests.

The whole way Dolores/Delores, which is it? last loop played out, where the gun was in the drawer, then gone, then she 'finds' it in the hay, then she is shot and then not shot seemed to show that we were seeing many version of the loop at all different times.  

I REALLY hope this does not turn out like Lost where the various roads all lead to nothing.  

ETA:  Going totally off the rails here, but do we even know that Bernard and his reading sessions are taking place now?  Isn't it possible, just to go again off the rails, if Bernard is Arnold, that we're seeing "Arnold" trying to bring sentience to Dolores in the past and "Bernard" his robot double in the present?  Or is that too nuts?

27 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

It seemed too fast for guests to have gotten into the Wyatt storyline?  But it was weird that Teddy's bullets had no effect on them, which would suggest they were guests.

The whole way Dolores/Delores, which is it? last loop played out, where the gun was in the drawer, then gone, then she 'finds' it in the hay, then she is shot and then not shot seemed to show that we were seeing many version of the loop at all different times.  

I REALLY hope this does not turn out like Lost where the various roads all lead to nothing.  

ETA:  Going totally off the rails here, but do we even know that Bernard and his reading sessions are taking place now?  Isn't it possible, just to go again off the rails, if Bernard is Arnold, that we're seeing "Arnold" trying to bring sentience to Dolores in the past and "Bernard" his robot double in the present?  Or is that too nuts?

i don't think it's that nuts compared to the rest of the theories floating about, they're all equally as nuts lmao, which makes them kind of...not nuts?? 

36 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I like the idea that those sessions are in the past, but I don't think Bernard could be Arnold. I could be wrong, but I thought right before the flashback with CGI young-Anthony Hopkins, he was looking at photo of his younger self with another young white guy. I assumed that other guy was Arnold. If that's the case, Bernard could be based off Arnold's personality, but obviously doesn't look like him.

45 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

But it was weird that Teddy's bullets had no effect on them, which would suggest they were guests.

Not necessarily. I remember the "you're a growing boy" dude had bullet holes in him with Milk flowing out when he was chugging it. He seemed to be moving pretty well. 

18 minutes ago, Fez said:

I like the idea that those sessions are in the past, but I don't think Bernard could be Arnold. I could be wrong, but I thought right before the flashback with CGI young-Anthony Hopkins, he was looking at photo of his younger self with another young white guy. I assumed that other guy was Arnold. If that's the case, Bernard could be based off Arnold's personality, but obviously doesn't look like him.

I forgot about the picture.  It would be lame if they made Bernard Arnold but changed everything about him including his race....that's lazy gotcha storytelling, so I will guess my theory of Bernard is Arnold and those reading sessions were pre critical failure is not correct.  Oh well, easy come easy go.  It does seem a strange casting coincidence that Logan and "Hector" are dead ringers for each other right down to the lanky build and way of moving? No?  Again I say I hope this doesn't end up the clusterfuck that was lost.

23 minutes ago, Fez said:

I think maybe the MiB is Arnold. He "died" in the park. 

19 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I've gone back and forth on that, but two techs refer to him as a guest, one says to Hemsworth this guest blah blah and he replies the gentleman gets what he wants.....so I can't renconcile how they would think he was human when he's a robot.  So, my guess is that he is human, in which case it wouldn't fit for him to be Arnold as he would already know all of the park's secrets. and he wouldn't be always monologing about why did they do this/that/etc.  It seems more likely he's William or he's a dude whose back story we don't have yet. 

15 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

How very Anakin Skywalker...though I don't discount it.

As for the Dolores/William are they in the past or aren't they...I agree next week will likely be the final determination...but right now, it's still on the table...if only by a theead. 

I think that the memories and looping is not linear for the viewer at all.  I want to think the screen fading to black during certain scene transitions is significant, but I have nothing to substantiate that...

4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I've gone back and forth on that, but two techs refer to him as a guest, one says to Hemsworth this guest blah blah and he replies the gentleman gets what he wants.....so I can't renconcile how they would think he was human when he's a robot.  So, my guess is that he is human, in which case it wouldn't fit for him to be Arnold as he would already know all of the park's secrets. and he wouldn't be always monologing about why did they do this/that/etc.  It seems more likely he's William or he's a dude whose back story we don't have yet. 

Two techs who weren't around when he went native. Wasn't it Arnold the one who wanted to make them self-aware? I suspect helping them become self-aware is part of the plan for the MiB. The maze seems to be a metaphor and not a physical maze. He would though, he would only know the parks secrets until his "death". Things are going to happen in his absence that he wasn't part of and that he wants to know about. 

4 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

That has been my thought all along. He did say he was in essence "born" there. So he was maybe able to get his mind into a host and Ford knows it and makes sure he can do what he wants in there? He may be "tagged" as human so the hosts can't kill him. IDK, we will see. 

19 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

it's just good sci fi entertainment. 

1 minute ago, Fez said:

What does it mean to be human?

Just like pretty much every other good Sci-Fi story.

I guess I was just expecting something different.  Something deeper.  Though, to be fair, I've been watching bits and pieces in between chasing babies and changing poopy diapers so maybe I'm just missing something.  

14 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I guess I was just expecting something different.  Something deeper.  Though, to be fair, I've been watching bits and pieces in between chasing babies and changing poopy diapers so maybe I'm just missing something.  

I think it's pretty deep!!!! i'm still not over peter abernathy glitching in the first episode!!! that acting has stayed with me!!!

2 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Yup, I probably am definitely missing something.  I don't think I even know a single characters name or have noticed any character glitch.  

it's one of those shows you have to watch every minute to be fair!!! not great background viewing 

Archived