US Elections: Day dawns on Trump.

DreamSongs

1 minute ago, The Killer Snark said:

Congratulations to every person who struck a blow against corporatist corruption, the most criminal Dems establishment in history, the Coudenhove-Kalergi plan, the corruption of big banks, domestic terrorist racial division and attacks on law and order, Cultural Marxist prejudice against the interests of white males, and intended Islamisation of America: and voted Trump to take back your country as we voted to take our own back here in Britain - and to strike a blow against Soros' and the Rothschilds' destruction of Western culture and democracy, via the hideous EU.

You forgot to mention the trains!

15 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Would the 3% who voted in '12 who didn't vote this time have made a difference?

Most likely.  I refer you to Michael McDonald's excellent Elections Project - if you haven't already been there.

4 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Did celebrities ever have influence?

No.

17 minutes ago, Mr Fixit said:

Very nice to see a moderator being polite. Then again, that's only to be expected from this forum.

You, a moderator, actually said this:

I'm not sure I've actually seen a Trump supporter pop in and give a coherent reason that isn't a politer way of saying 'I'm a white person who dislikes being called out for my prejudices'

You are saying that every single person here who supported Trump is a racist, sexist, or whatever. Classy, real classy. Even from you, it's too much. Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Queen has lost. The sooner you come to terms with why, the better for you.

I'm not sure what my being a moderator has to do with anything, to be honest. Moderators are allowed to have opinions, the same as anyone else.

I am sure that your characterisation of what I'm saying is wildly inaccurate. I'm very much not saying that, and would be happy to see and address any pro-Trump voters here giving reasons other than 'I'm angry at being called names because I disagree with PC-ness'. But so far, I can only recall seeing variations on that one theme, and that, I'm afraid, really does boil down to a dislike of being called out for prejudice.

11 minutes ago, Gorn said:

Clinton did worse than 2012 Obama among black voters (88% vs 93%), Hispanics (65% vs 71%) and young voters (54% vs 60%). And the percentage of Hispanic voters is actually higher this year than in 2012. Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/09/politics/clinton-votes-african-americans-latinos-women-white-voters/index.html

Like you said, one cannot say with certainty that Sanders would do better among minorities. But he wouldn't do much worse either (considering his opponent and the baseline from 2000 and 2004 elections), and he would definitely do much better among young voters.

Clinton won young voters by a wide margin, over 20 points. I've said it a couple of times already, but I'm confident that when the data is available you are not going to find big stacks of Sanders voters in the places that matter who wouldn't come out for Clinton. The issue is how many white, relatively well-off voters came out for Trump. (Which, I'm happy to admit, is something I specifically thought wouldn't happen.)

2 minutes ago, The Killer Snark said:

Congratulations to every person who struck a blow against corporatist corruption, the most criminal Dems establishment in history, the Coudenhove-Kalergi plan, the corruption of big banks, domestic terrorist racial division and attacks on law and order, Cultural Marxist prejudice against the interests of white males, and intended Islamisation of America: and voted Trump to take back your country as we voted to take our own back here in Britain - and to strike a blow against Soros' and the Rothschilds' destruction of Western culture and democracy, via the hideous EU.

Not sure if a joke or serious

2 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

You forgot to mention the trains!

Believe me, if the US and the bankrupt EU had been assimilated into a mutually destructive globalised relationship, as Soros and the Democrats had intended, with the elite owning everything in society including the people, not even the trains would have run on time.

12 minutes ago, Tempra said:

This x1000.

As I wake up to the mess I feared most, I would like to thank those who are responsible for this mess.  Certainly, everyone who voted for Trump.  But there is a special place in hell for those who voted for Clinton in her primary, those who have unconditionally defended her indefensible actions, and those who marginalized half (more than half) of the electorate by calling Trump supporters racists, misogynists, and xenophpbes.  You caused this, too.  look in the mirror and let that sink in.  IT IS PARTLY TOUR RESPONSIBILITY THAT DONALD J. TRUMP IS THE PRESIDENT.

Accept it. Learn from your mistakes and, for crying out loud, STOP CALLING EVERYONE WHO DISAGREE WITH YOU A NASTY NAME.

This board is littered with these assholes and I am going to remind them of their part in this mess.  My two young daughters thank you, too.

On a more positive note, I see the start of sunrise.  The world hasn't ended.  time to make the best of this mess come what may.

Well there's all that, and the fact Democrats have never held the Whitehouse for 3 terms straight, except when it was achieved by one man (Roosevelt). So really a Republican win was historically highly likely regardless of the candidates.

Does everyone forget Trump was Democrat the majority of his life and wasn't even sure if he would run Republic or Independent a year ago? Does everyone forget that Donald Trump is first and foremost a businessman? And what do businessmen do? They sell shit. And America bought it.

I think everyone should take a deep breath and calm down. Here's my predictions. There will be NO wall built, there will be no mass deportations and nobody will have rights taken away from them (I keep hearing that the LGBT+ have a lot to fear, I don't keep up a whole lot, but I think what you have gained you will keep and might be surprised.). Roe vs Wade will not be overturned. 

As a matter a fact, I think you'll see him revert more to a middle stance on issues. I don't think Trump is gonna be a far right president, because he's never been that in his entire life. He told people what they wanted to hear, so he could get what he wanted. Something he's been very good at his whole life. I keep hearing the word Fascist thrown around. Do you really believe we will let that shit fly in America? Once he is in office he will sing a different tune, that I'll guarantee. 

Hey, I didn't even vote for him and personally have zero respect for him. But, I trust that the way our system is set up, it will not allow a dictatorship and all these posts I'm reading are hateful sensationalism. I think this community is smarter than the shit I've read all night, but the bar has been set really low so far.

37 minutes ago, The Wolves said:

I don't know. 

Does anyone know when the trial is happening? 

40 minutes ago, shadowbinding shoe said:

Can he be president while the police investigates him or he's on trial? It's one thing if it's just talk in the media but if he actually investigated by the state, won't he be deposed?

The police aren't investigating him, and he isn't facing any criminal charges.  The suits against him are civil suits, meaning people he has allegedly wronged want money for damages.  No matter what happens in the trials, he won't be going to jail.

3 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

Not sure if a joke or serious

Oh, believe me, not a joke whatever. I've spent the last three weeks or so scouring the Podesta leaks. I'm also a member of a Twitter group where we actually had leaks of the FBI reopening of investigation into Hillary via Wiener's confiscated laptop a week before the news broke. I know what I'm discussing here.

You've just avoided war with Russia and the destruction in the interests purely of massive elitist corporations, of the Western hemisphere. You'll look back on this day in gratitude some time.

1 minute ago, The Killer Snark said:

Oh, believe me, not a joke whatever. I've spent the last three weeks or so scouring the Podesta leaks. I'm also a member of a Twitter group where we actually had leaks of the FBI reopening of investigation into Hillary via Wiener's confiscated laptop a week before the news broke. I know what I'm discussing here.

Sure, but the whole part about the attack on white male interests.

12 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Well there's all that, and the fact Democrats have never held the Whitehouse for 3 terms straight, except when it was achieved by one man (Roosevelt). So really a Republican win was historically highly likely regardless of the candidates.

Nitpick - the Democrats held it for three terms under Andrew Jackson and Martin Van Buren.

There was a commentator on the BBC last night gloating over her typical conviction (among 'Progressives') that white men in America were becoming a minority. I came across a black racist last night on Twitter calling out white women for not voting for suppression of white men within society, politically and demographically, by voting Hillary - because "the white supremacy ran deep in them." This is a very common (and offensively racist) attitude among many of those who voted Hillary, including the adherents of BLM.

The Clinton campaign wanted Trump. They thought he'd be the easiest to beat, probably because they knew they had the tapes and the other stuff on him. 

Would you have been crying over President Jeb? President Scott Walker? I can't remember the other milquetoast moderates, but you get the picture. Clinton was applauding as the normal Republicans got stomped on. How is she not leading by 50 points, right?

12 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

I keep hearing the word Fascist thrown around. Do you really believe we will let that shit fly in America?

Do you really want an answer to that question, given that he has just been given a mandate to do every crazy thing he ever promised?

(And he'll sign every bill coming out of Congress too - Republicans are not going to waste this once in a lifetime opportunity to do everything they have ever wanted to do).

1 minute ago, Leap said:

Can one of the various Trump supporters that have appeared in this thread please explain what exactly is wrong with Clinton that you would choose Trump over her? 

That would take hours, but for starters her incompetence as Secretary of State showed she shouldn't be let anywhere near the reins of power.

Just now, Roose Boltons Pet Leech said:

Do you really want an answer to that question, given that he has just been given a mandate to do every crazy thing he ever promised?

(And he'll sign every bill coming out of Congress too - Republicans are not going to waste this once in a lifetime opportunity to do everything they have ever wanted to do).

When Fascism comes to the US, it won't be on a cross draped in a flag, it will come in the guise of anti-fascism.

14 minutes ago, Leap said:

Can one of the various Trump supporters that have appeared in this thread please explain what exactly is wrong with Clinton that you would choose Trump over her? 

Massive bribery from foreign governments via The Clinton Foundation, much of it from countries associated with terrorism, illegal arms brokering, illegal coordination between Clinton admin and SuperPAC, much of it arranged to target opposition voters: illegal assimilation of the paid off media, bribing law officials not to prosecute over criminal negligence and breach of national security, 'pay for play', perjury, deleting evidence of criminality under subpoena, running a fake charity organisation as a conduit for massive amounts of money laundering, being a shill for massive corporations illegally exerting influence on the government. The list goes on and on. Not to mention she tampered with evidence while a lawyer to get a man she knew was a child rapist off the hook and laughed about it in an interview, and personally defamed and targetted a variety of women that her husband almost certainly abused. And while the question of race is in the air, she's also a massive racist, as attested to in older footage of her and in the Podesta leaks. And there's other stuff she's under investigation for I'm not even mentioning, because it's the stuff that hasn't yet hit the mainstream news.

Archived