US Elections: Day dawns on Trump.

DreamSongs

Just now, The Anti-Targ said:

Clinton and her troupe were right. Trump was the easiest to beat. But they failed to even beat the easiest of them.

Yes.

Did the Clinton campaign do anything to help line him up as her opponent, instead of the patrician twits who were supposed to be president? Did Podesta and her supporters in corridors of power or media "pick" the guy as an easy win?

If they wanted the fascist as the opponent, and worked to make that the matchup, and then couldn't close the effing deal, they are very much at fault. 

7 minutes ago, SerPaladin said:

The Clinton campaign wanted Trump. They thought he'd be the easiest to beat, probably because they knew they had the tapes and the other stuff on him. 

Would you have been crying over President Jeb? President Scott Walker? I can't remember the other milquetoast moderates, but you get the picture. Clinton was applauding as the normal Republicans got stomped on. How is she not leading by 50 points, right?

Yep, Democrats were egging on republicans to vote for Trump and laughing at their stupidity.  Shortly, Republicans will control the entire Government.  Who is laughing now?

5 minutes ago, Bold Barry Whitebeard said:

When Fascism comes to the US, it won't be on a cross draped in a flag, it will come in the guise of anti-fascism.

Wow, that's deep, man.

Anyway, All this doom and gloom about Trump would have been avoided if the US didn't have the dumbest electoral system in the world since Clinton won the popular vote.

27 minutes ago, Mr Fixit said:

Are they also allowed to be passive-aggressively rude to the people on the boards too? Just askin'. You just bury yourself even deeper with this laughable idea that everyone here who voted for Trump is a PC-hating bigot. Calm tone can't hide the cynical passive aggressivenes. Do you consult with Ser Scot? He is after all a champion of underhanded tactics on this board.

People who preach tolerance are often the most intolerant

30 minutes ago, The Killer Snark said:

Oh, believe me, not a joke whatever. I've spent the last three weeks or so scouring the Podesta leaks. I'm also a member of a Twitter group where we actually had leaks of the FBI reopening of investigation into Hillary via Wiener's confiscated laptop a week before the news broke. I know what I'm discussing here.

You've just avoided war with Russia and the destruction in the interests purely of massive elitist corporations, of the Western hemisphere. You'll look back on this day in gratitude some time.

Why didn't your super special Twitter group know the FBI never actually reopened their investigation? 

12 minutes ago, The Killer Snark said:

Massive bribery from foreign governments via The Clinton Foundation, much of it from countries associated with terrorism, illegal arms brokering, illegal coordination between Clinton admin and SuperPAC, much of it arranged to target opposition voters: illegal assimilation of the paid off media, bribing law officials not to prosecute over criminal negligence and breach of national security, 'pay for play', perjury, deleting evidence of criminality under subpoena, running a fake charity organisation as a conduit for massive amounts of money laundering, being a shill for massive corporations illegally exerting influence on the government. The list goes on and on. Not to mention she tampered with evidence while a lawyer to get a man she knew was a child rapist off the hook and laughed about it in an interview, and personally defamed and targetted a variety of women that her husband almost certainly abused. And while the question of race is in the air, she's also a massive racist, as attested to in older footage of her and in the Podesta leaks. And there's other stuff she's under investigation for I'm not even mentioning, because it's the stuff that hasn't yet hit the mainstream news.

Yeah, im aware of this, this being said, you think Trump is better? He has said he will get rid of as much regulation as possible. That he will once again go the trickle-down economics route, that he will basically treat the national debt like debt for one of his businesses, give NATO the finger, tear up accords and alliances, women who brought up sexual harassment charges were silenced and threatened by him and ripped off countless people in his business deals.

It's the supremest of ironies that Clinton has refused to give a traditional concession speech after all the crap thrown at Trump for not promising to concede and peacefully transfer power if he loses.

Just another example of liberals needing  to hold a mirror up to themselves when they criticize conservatives because they are guilty of the same faults. "But, but, it's different when we  do it" they say.  No, no it's not.  Stop making excuses and accept reality.

How did the supposed great protector of minorities, endorsed and supported by the first black president, while running against the most racist major party candidate in recent history, win fewer African American votes than Al Gore or Michael Dukakis? Why did almost one third of Latinos vote for Trump rather than Clinton? Why did the first major female presidential candidate receive fewer votes from women than Obama in 2012?

There is a simple and obvious answer which Clinton supporters refuse to accept - she was a horrible fucking candidate. Not horrible in the same way Trump is horrible, but horrible the same way McCain was horrible in 2008 - uniquely ill-suited to the political climate of the election.

Among the entire roster of primary presidential candidates in both parties, the only ones who were genuinely unelectable in 2016 were Bush and Clinton (and maybe Christie). Republicans were smart enough to realize this. Democrats were not.

4 minutes ago, Gorn said:

How did the supposed great protector of minorities, endorsed and supported by the first black president, while running against the most racist major party candidate in recent history, win fewer African American votes than Al Gore or Michael Dukakis? Why did almost one third of Latinos vote for Trump rather than Clinton? Why did the first major female presidential candidate receive fewer votes from women than Obama in 2012?

There is a simple and obvious answer which Clinton supporters refuse to accept - she was a horrible fucking candidate. Not horrible in the same way Trump is horrible, but horrible the same way McCain was horrible in 2008 - uniquely ill-suited to the political climate of the election.

Among the entire roster of primary presidential candidates in both parties, the only ones who were genuinely unelectable in 2016 were Bush and Clinton (and maybe Christie). Republicans were smart enough to realize this. Democrats were not.

Well that and massive systematic voter suppression allowed by the gutting of the Voting Rights act.

24 minutes ago, Roose Boltons Pet Leech said:

Do you really want an answer to that question, given that he has just been given a mandate to do every crazy thing he ever promised?

(And he'll sign every bill coming out of Congress too - Republicans are not going to waste this once in a lifetime opportunity to do everything they have ever wanted to do).

I guarantee 90% of the promises he made will not come to fruition and I don't see anything being done like building a wall or deporting 1000's of people. Presidential Nominees make a lot of promises, rarely follow through with them. I think when they become president and have all their meetings and realize what's REALLY going on and what's at stake, their attitudes tend to change.

Remember Obama's promise of bringing all the soldiers home? How's that one worked out?

3 hours ago, Shryke said:

Eh. On the domestic front, for everything I mentioned there, Trump will be no different then any Republican.

The scary shit comes first in foreign policy and second in his whole, you know, vindictive and authoritarian streak with no respect for laws or morality.

Y'all elected a fascist serial sexual assaulter. Thanks guys.

You and others thought his nomination by the Republicans was wonderful you went on and on about how he couldn't win and stratigicily supporting him in the primaries was smart by the Democrats.  

You laughed when I said the POS could win. You laughed.

51 minutes ago, Guess who's back said:

I know itd probably too early to evaluate but how does this rank in the history of politic shockers? It seems like #1 of my lifetime. I never thought Trump would ever win, even as I went to bed last night I was sure I'd wake up to President Clinton.

Even though some ppl have been confidently predicting his win for some time now I'm still completely shocked.

Here's an interesting interview with Dilbert comic strip creator who predicted a Trump landslide victory from the start. He claims he can't even get speaking engagements anymore due to his Trump support.

7 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

Yeah, im aware of this, this being said, you think Trump is better? He has said he will get rid of as much regulation as possible. That he will once again go the trickle-down economics route, that he will basically treat the national debt like debt for one of his businesses, give NATO the finger, tear up accords and alliances, women who brought up sexual harassment charges were silenced and threatened by him and ripped off countless people in his business deals.

He's getting rid of environmental regulations that are killing business and allowing foreign competitors to corner the markets on minerals.  Rather than giving NATO the finger, he's actually going to hold them accountable for their treaty obligations.  The accords he's going to tear up are ones that were never ratified by the Senate.  As for the people who were allegedly silenced or threatened, at least he didn't have them killed like the Clintons have done.  (That last bit is hyperbole, I don't actually believe the Clintons have ordered people killed.  But suggesting that the accusations against him fell apart because of supposed threats is as scurrilous as saying the Clintons murder anyone who tries to testify against them.)

Archived