Rick and Morty Season 3

DaveSumm

5 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

To prove how uncool I am, I consider pickle rick the worst ep of season 3

That is very uncool. How could anyone enjoy ABCs of Beth and the Rickchurian Mortydate more than Pickle Rick. Pickle Rick is the most memorable episode of the season.. maybe the only one I really enjoyed.

On 6/6/2020 at 3:21 AM, Darth Richard II said:

Liking R&M isn't cool anymore.

Shit *Veltigar goes and burns all the R&M merch he can get his hands on"

On 6/6/2020 at 2:25 AM, RumHam said:

Was it ever? Pretty much any time someone brings up Rick and Morty fans it's negative. 

I don't fully buy that it is the show's fault for having toxic fans. I'm sure the majority of viewers don't hold that opinion so it's a case of people with that mindset gathering around the show rather than making viewers that way.

I'm more tired of the long wait between episodes/"seasons" and the sense that the creators either aren't that bothered or slightly contemptuous towards their own success.

Did anyone watch the "sort of spin off" show "Solar opposites"? It's ok. The highlight of the show for me was the serialized story about the miniaturised humans in the "ant farm/hamster cages". The alien characters didn't really stand out that much with one of them simply feeling like diet Rick. 

It's a show about a couple of incredibly mean spirited men who are abusive to everyone around them and have almost no consequences to any of their actions. That kind of wish fulfillment violent fantasy is going to have toxic fans emulating the kind of behavior on the show. In that way it is totally the shows fault. 

I’ve watched a bit of Solar Opposites, but I’m not really sure what it is. It feels like a lazy rip off of Rick and Morty but if it’s by Roiland then that might be by design. I’ve heard some good things about it though.. just need to get my head around what it’s trying to be.

So far it’s like what American Dad was to Family guy 

3 hours ago, red snow said:

I don't fully buy that it is the show's fault for having toxic fans.

Rick is a toxic character, but the morality of the show generally speaking is pretty dubious.

3 hours ago, red snow said:

Did anyone watch the "sort of spin off" show "Solar opposites"? It's ok. The highlight of the show for me was the serialized story about the miniaturised humans in the "ant farm/hamster cages". The alien characters didn't really stand out that much with one of them simply feeling like diet Rick. 

It's average, but the pace is good, which makes it very watchable.

I saw the first episode of solar opposites yesterday and it didn't land for me. It actually reminded me a bit of family guy for some reason. Don't think I laughed once. I'll probably watch some more episodes, but if it wasn't from one of the R&M creators I would have probably dropped it already.

16 hours ago, Veltigar said:

I saw the first episode of solar opposites yesterday and it didn't land for me. It actually reminded me a bit of family guy for some reason. Don't think I laughed once. I'll probably watch some more episodes, but if it wasn't from one of the R&M creators I would have probably dropped it already.

I didn't even make it through the first episode.  I'm going to power through it at some point in the near future in the hopes it finds its legs after the pilot but I'm with you in that I don't know if I even laughed once.  

It felt like I was watching Rick & Morty minus the humor. 

Not even lasting through a single episode is giving up pretty quick!

I don't know, sometimes shows just take a little time to get going. When I saw the first episode of Rick and Morty, on the back of hearing how good it was and being a fan of Harmon's through Community, it left me cold and I didn't go back to it for a while. The same thing happened with It's Always Sunny too - I disliked the characters so much I gave up at the end of the first season. Having given them a proper chance, I love both.

Perhaps having surly, unappealing characters makes shows harder to root for, makes the viewer less inclined to give them a chance.

I like what I've seen of Solar Opposites so far. It has a bit of a Third Rock From The Sun thing going on, and the side bits with the mini prisoners and The Pupa are fun too. The first episode was a little jarring though- it took me a while to get past Roiland's voice (and how often are first episodes of stuff all that strong anyway?)

On 6/8/2020 at 5:07 PM, Kalbear said:

It's a show about a couple of incredibly mean spirited men who are abusive to everyone around them and have almost no consequences to any of their actions. That kind of wish fulfillment violent fantasy is going to have toxic fans emulating the kind of behavior on the show. In that way it is totally the shows fault. 

It still doesn't mean that everyone who watches and enjoys the show is a toxic fan though and I'm not suggesting that's what you are saying i just think it's worth pointing out. 

Archived