NFL 2017: Jared vs. Case Is Why Fisher Will Never Coach Again

Mr. Chatywin et al.

23 minutes ago, briantw said:

Member when Kareem Hunt was good?

I remember the good ol' days when my trifecta of Hunt, McKinnon and A.J. Green won me fantasy game after fantasy game... now I'm just looking to break 100 points. And failing. Lol

I thought the Colts went down with a whimper today until I saw the Jets weakly submit to being tackled on a lateral desperation play at the end of the game.

Reminds me of Jalen Ramsay saying 'I pushed him and he fell. He fell 'cause he's weak, and his time's almost up. And I told him that.'

5 hours ago, IamMe90 said:

Andy Reid should be fired. Like, what the actual fuck is the coaching on this team over the last 5 games...

Have you...seen what he does?

This is what he has done for, like, ever. How many times did the Eagles come out strong and then flounder late? How often did it happen to exactly these Chiefs? 

I think one of the things Reid doesn't do well is adapt quickly. Give him an offseason and he'll be able to study up and plan and change, and redo plans, and work - and that works for a while. And then teams give him looks, and he simply takes too long to figure out what to do about it. His atrocious game clock skills also speak to this. 

4 minutes ago, Triskele said:

If Crabtree and Talib were kids at a school all of the teachers and all of the administration would know that having them together is a recipe for disaster.

OK, I had that game on without sound, and Paxton Lynch* was on the bench pretty much crying post-injury, but presumably it's not due to injury pain.  I don't want to speculate too much since I didn't hear what was going on, but it looked like he was pouting/crying because he'd had a terrible game.  It was a bad look.

*Not Marshaun, obviously.

On redzone I heard one of the commentators say he was 'weeping' on the sideline.

1 hour ago, Kalbear said:

Have you...seen what he does?

This is what he has done for, like, ever. How many times did the Eagles come out strong and then flounder late? How often did it happen to exactly these Chiefs? 

I think one of the things Reid doesn't do well is adapt quickly. Give him an offseason and he'll be able to study up and plan and change, and redo plans, and work - and that works for a while. And then teams give him looks, and he simply takes too long to figure out what to do about it. His atrocious game clock skills also speak to this. 

I've only been a fan of the NFL for two years, and I'm not a Chiefs fan. The only reason I've watched their games this year is because of fantasy football investment. So no actually, the most I've seen of Reid is this season. 

However long he's been doing it, it's horrifying. The team is underperforming relative to their talent level. 

Wow, I can't believe that the Packers-Steelers game was actually a really, really good game. Nice to see Hundley step up for once, although I am 99% sure it will be a fluke. Kinda heartbreaking watching that 53-yard Boswell kick go in for the loss. Oh well, now I know how Cowboys feel when they watched us do the same last year... twice in a row... during the divisional playoff game... yeah okay they felt worse. Haha

10 hours ago, IamMe90 said:

Wow, I can't believe that the Packers-Steelers game was actually a really, really good game. Nice to see Hundley step up for once, although I am 99% sure it will be a fluke. Kinda heartbreaking watching that 53-yard Boswell kick go in for the loss. Oh well, now I know how Cowboys feel when they watched us do the same last year... twice in a row... during the divisional playoff game... yeah okay they felt worse. Haha

Packers got screwed a bit by the no call on helmet to helmet against Hundley on their final drive which was as clear as day. 

In other news, Hue Jackson is 1-26 as Browns head coach in 2 years. That ain't good.

So, Pats dominated a team that was clearly and unambiguously out to simply injure them and the refs, by-in-large, let them get away with it until they simply could not any longer (ie: ejecting the asshole who threw a punch).  

It was a very ho-hum Pats thrashing.  Brady looked really good, but he also threw a garbage INT that did not QUITE come back to haunt them. The running game was terrific and the D played great giving up just 10 points (the other 7 on a botched snap ret for a TD).  If there was one thing I was not crazy about it was the fumbles- Pats fumbled 4 times, but managed to lose only 1 (the snap).  Miami did all they could to win "Dirtiest Team" award.  Meh- much to do about nothing otherwise.  

There is one segment of plays that exemplifies why Miami is horrible- I mean, other than signing Jay Cutler in free agency - and the shear oppression that non-Pats fans must feel when they watch stupid teams be stupid against the most hated football team of the current era.  With 2:30 left to play in the first half, Brady throws a pick to McCain.  The score was 21-10 and it offered the Dolphins a shred a life.  All non-Pats fans even eyeing the game must have hoped that the Dolphins could muster something.  Down by 11 was not an insurmountable lead; moreover, the Dolphins had deferred the coin toss so they got the ball first in the second half.  Surely, a TD here and then a quick score to come out of half-time would steam the momentum from the Pats and suddenly make a blow-out a toss-up that could conceivably favor the upstart visitors.  (A similar scenario played out in Pittsburgh as a terrible Green Bay team stuck with the AFC-leading Steelers for 4 quarters).  

Starting at their own 35, Miami drives down the field to the Pats 20 on 6 plays, and burning one time out on a semi-ill-conceived running play.  On the 7th play the Dolphins give up a huge sack which forces them to burn their second TO.  Miami then completes a great pass but Landry cannot get Out of Bounds and the Dolphins need their last TO in case they need to bring in the FG team.  So they spike the ball with 17 seconds left.  

At this point, fans must have been hoping that a score here would undo two terrible quarters of football and possibly force the Pats on their back-foot and maybe give day-light to a less-objectionable team like the Heavenly sent Pittsburgh Steelers- whose head coach BLATANTLY CHEATED in a game by wandering out onto the field and whose QB is a rapist,  Because people LOVE that.  At least Al Michaels does because he but went down on Big Ben During the Sunday-Night game.  But ANYWAY, the point is that this could have been the play that undid the Pats.  Finally.

Instead?

Moore throws an INT.  Next three drives by the Dolphins: punt, fumble, punt.  Yeah, ballgame.  

I don;t know what this says about the Pats; they are a good team in a Conference dominated by mediocrity.  But it does seem to say that bad teams- like the Dolphins - find new and creative ways to lose games.  The Pats have a test against the Bills next week, then they play the Dolphins again, and then the Steelers and Pats decide the AFC in Pittsburgh.  That could very well be the  the AFC Championship game.  

The end of an era.  Or maybe not, this team is terrible, and Eli isn't playing well.  He's probably still the starting quarterback for one more year at least. 

I would say the Giants offensive performance in last week's TNF game vs Washington was one of the worst performances I've ever seen (3 offensive points, 4 sacks and a game sealing pick).  But then I just remember how many terrible offenses there are in the league, that probably wasn't even the worst offense of the week.  Prescott was probably worse than Eli last week.  Paxton Lynch definitely was. 

4 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

The end of an era.  Or maybe not, this team is terrible, and Eli isn't playing well.  He's probably still the starting quarterback for one more year at least. 

I would say the Giants offensive performance in last week's TNF game vs Washington was one of the worst performances I've ever seen (3 offensive points, 4 sacks and a game sealing pick).  But then I just remember how many terrible offenses there are in the league, that probably wasn't even the worst offense of the week.  Prescott was probably worse than Eli last week.  Paxton Lynch definitely was. 

I can't imagine Eli on another team... and the Giants are in position to immediately draft a replacement. This might be the end.

2 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I can't imagine Eli on another team... and the Giants are in position to immediately draft a replacement. This might be the end.

It's possible, although I think the Giants are probably going to be picking in the 3-6 range, and there might not be a quarterback they really like there.

Archived