Avengers: Infinity War - SPOILERS THREAD

Jeor

57 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

The Spiderman I'm from the future line. Didn't even THINK about that. Makes one wonder.

I saw a couple of people mention this and thought I’d missed it ... I’m afraid it was “from the field trip”. 

15 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Awww poo.

I do wonder if they're going to do some Back to the Future 2 type shenanigans.

Surely not! The fact that they mentioned time travel about 1,000 times is a completely unimportant piece of fluff setting. :P

Black Panther made more than a billion at the box office and as much as three infinity billion in merchandising. So he's definitely coming back.

And Groot is literally the best character ever. So he's coming back. And they've gone and killed off all of the sexy women, and they need someone to put on the posters, standing sideways, so you can see both their bewbs and their buttz.

And Disney is literally incapable of not running a franchise into the ground. The Avengers still need to have their crossovers with the rest of the intellectual properties. Upcoming films include:

The Avengers Pride: Simba Rises

Star Wars Episode XIII: Loki and Belle Strike Back

Frozen 4: Woody and Buzz's adventure in Asguard

Um, what franchise have they run into the ground previously?

But yes I don't think anyone who got dusted at the end there is dead. Heck for all we know they're off on another planet fighting skrulls.

I wonder if everything we know about part 4 is all misdirection Marvel has been very good at that lately.

34 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Um, what franchise have they run into the ground previously?

But yes I don't think anyone who got dusted at the end there is dead. Heck for all we know they're off on another planet fighting skrulls.

I wonder if everything we know about part 4 is all misdirection Marvel has been very good at that lately.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisneyToon_Studios

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2527336/?ref_=nv_sr_1

These old set photos show us we are having what appears to be non Time Stone related time travel shenanigans.

I had honestly forgotten the reports of a WW2 era dance hall.

I only just realized what a dick move it was for Thanos to kill half the Asgardians on the ship. They already lost probably more than half their population in Ragnorok. Then when he snaps his fingers presumably half of the survivors of the ship attack turn to ash...

10 hours ago, Corvinus said:

To be fair, what the movie shows is the hesitancy of characters to kill their loved ones, a typical trait of heroes, no? But they do act on it, only to have Thanos intervene. And then you have Thanos, who doesn't hesitate, but also feels deep regret for doing what he did. The difference between the heroes and the the villain is in the will, I guess, in this movie.

And Dr. Strange trades the time stone for Tony's life, not because of any warm fuzzy feelings he suddenly developed, but because of the one future where the good guys win. Tony is definitely key to defeating Thanos and reversing what happened.

The Dr Strange one appears illogical in the moment, but obviously Dr Strange has the benefit of foresight, so you have to assume his decision has much more than emotion to it.

It's really only the Vision situation that's bad, because they had the opportunity to take the necessary action, or at least make it a contingency action. We're not going to kill you right now, but if X Y and Z happen we'll do it. The movie would have been better if they had agreed in Act1 to sacrifice Vision in Act 2 or 3 if things were not going their way. But things don't go their way in a way that causes them to mis-time sacrificing vision in a way that allows Thanos to get the mind stone. It would have been perfectly fine for the Wanda-Vision scene to happen the way it did, but the lead up should have been different.

More random thoughts:

Love the Alien/Aliens homage. Two of my favorite movies of all time. (Hmm, in fact with the empire reference from civil war they have hit 3 out of my top 5)

Love that Marvel movies are FINALLY getting recognizable music. I think Outside of Civil War and GotG2(which didn't really  have a score, per se) the scores to phase 3 have been really good.

1 minute ago, The Anti-Targ said:

The Dr Strange one appears illogical in the moment, but obviously Dr Strange has the benefit of foresight, so you have to assume his decision has much more than emotion to it.

It's really only the Vision situation that's bad, because they had the opportunity to take the necessary action, or at least make it a contingency action. We're not going to kill you right now, but if X Y and Z happen we'll do it. The movie would have been better if they had agreed in Act1 to sacrifice Vision in Act 2 or 3 if things were not going their way. But things don't go their way in a way that causes them to mis-time sacrificing vision in a way that allows Thanos to get the mind stone. It would have been perfectly fine for the Wanda-Vision scene to happen the way it did, but the lead up should have been different.

Yeah I'm 99percent certain this is all part of Strange's plan somehow.

And I hope Vision comes back somehow.. :(

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

I only just realized what a dick move it was for Thanos to kill half the Asgardians on the ship. They already lost probably more than half their population in Ragnorok. Then when he snaps his fingers presumably half of the survivors of the ship attack turn to ash...

Heh.. that's morbidly amusing.

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

Well, maybe his snap of the fingers is nuanced enough to exclude all those species he's already committed semi-genocide on. My question is, where are the surviving Asgardians? The refugee ship got blown up and those were the last of the Asgardians. So did he move the chosen survivors onto his mother ship or something? Where is he taking them to start their new life? Is he the one who is going to dump them on Earth?

17 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Well, maybe his snap of the fingers is nuanced enough to exclude all those species he's already committed semi-genocide on. My question is, where are the surviving Asgardians? The refugee ship got blown up and those were the last of the Asgardians. So did he move the chosen survivors onto his mother ship or something? Where is he taking them to start their new life? Is he the one who is going to dump them on Earth?

It's kind of glossed over. I assume so they can fudge it when they decide who is coming back.

It was fucking hilarious.  So.  Much.  Awesomeness.

Granted, I knew what was gonna happen at then, but got damn man.  They're ability to but it all together, and make it sync.  Fuck all y'all, no one could do that.  One thing I'll give every complainant - Vision and Scarlet Witch was weird.  And not just because the elder could be the younger's father.  Seriously.  Paul Bettany already has Jennifer Connelly, it's not fair!  But the whole story is obviously about love, which every good epic is.  And it will win in the end.  I still think the snap is stupid, and that's not gonna change.  Run me around, make me hurt, again, and again.  But...I'lll still sing you love songs - written in the letter of your names:  and those names are the original Avengers. 

So, cool.  Good times.  Cap has to get out of his existential angst, Tony is on fire, Banner will finally (FINALLY) figure out how to coopt the Green Guy.  The other guys are kismet - Hawkeye/Ronin; Scarlet Jo-Beautiful; War Patriot; Rocket; Nebula; and then Paul fucking Rudd.  He's funnier than everybody.  I don't know if Kate from Lost is also gonna be there, but I don't really care.  Oh, also, one of the best actors in the world playing Captan Fucking Marvel.  So, yeah, I----I'm hooked on a Feeling.

Archived