Unpopular Opinions, Part Deux

Mr. Chatywin et al.

3 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

It really is <3 <3 

It is me! Thank you !!! That’s so lovely of you to say :D :D :D made my day actually. I’m usually awful at brows so glad to hear I’m getting better LOL 

How often do you change the look you’re going for? I’ve noticed that you change your avatar a lot and sometimes you can look completely different from your previous one.

Also, you look a bit like Delores in this one.

Unpopular opinion: Theda might be host. Hopefully not a bloody thirsty one though.  

13 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Season 2 of Rome is worth watching for the Atia vs Servila stuff alone. 

Season 2 is worth watching for Atia period, particularly the last scenes, with her son's wife, and her daughter laughing with delight, knowing that fireworks are in the works over who gets to run the emperor.  Her Real Mother is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!  Those scenes in particular made me so sorry there was no season 3.

Polly Walker -- like almost all the cast -- was stellar as Atia.

21 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Speaking of unpopular opinions, this would probably have many a fan boy spitting mad, that is if they ever read such publications:

http://www.vulture.com/2018/06/kelly-marie-tran-star-wars-hollywood-enabled-toxicity.html

That it did not bring up Jack Llyod with Episode I is a disservice for this level reactionarism is very present in Star Wars fandom and should be acknowledged to help draw contrast or differences.

Not right what happen to Kelly Marie-Tan and are examples why I do not care much of the griping.

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

How often do you change the look you’re going for? I’ve noticed that you change your avatar a lot and sometimes you can look completely different from your previous one.

Also, you look a bit like Delores in this one.

Unpopular opinion: Theda might be host. Hopefully not a bloody thirsty one though.  

Lol - good question. I definitely do change it a lot. This time last year I had a shaved head. Kinda miss it! :D 

Shhhh! Don’t tell everyone!!! :P you know there’s a reason I love Blade Runner so much! I’ve already ‘cosplayed’ as Pris - maybe Dolores should be next !! 

2 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Lol - good question. I definitely do change it a lot. This time last year I had a shaved head. Kinda miss it! :D 

Shhhh! Don’t tell everyone!!! :P you know there’s a reason I love Blade Runner so much! I’ve already ‘cosplayed’ as Pris - maybe Dolores should be next !! 

Are you using wigs? 

11 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Are you using wigs? 

I did over a year ago very briefly but now I’m the proud owner of a healthy head of bleached blonde hair LOL it’s  grown super quickly. I used to want to be an actress though so I always used to like playing up to different ‘looks’. 

These days I’m boring because I’m trying to look more professional for boring adult jobs :P :P But tbh I’m probably gonna end up doing something bonkers again soon just for the hell of it. 

Unpopular opinion!!! 

Crazy hair and tattoos don’t look unprofessional!!!!! 

29 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Unpopular opinion!!! 

This is only unpopular for boring people.

About a dozen or so teachers at our school have visible tattoos. At a guess, I'd say perhaps 1/4 have a tattoo somewhere, most of them can't be seen though.

As for crazy hair, we have more than a few! :) Some parents complain but we tend to just roll our eyes at it.

10 minutes ago, Yukle said:

This is only unpopular for boring people.

About a dozen or so teachers at our school have visible tattoos. At a guess, I'd say perhaps 1/4 have a tattoo somewhere, most of them can't be seen though.

As for crazy hair, we have more than a few! :) Some parents complain but we tend to just roll our eyes at it.

When you are older and male, crazy hair means the stuff coming out of your ears.

I enjoyed watching Spartacus. I think most people don't realize that it should be watched as a comedy. The words that come from John Hannah's mouth. He had me laughing out loud.

15 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I did over a year ago very briefly but now I’m the proud owner of a healthy head of bleached blonde hair LOL it’s  grown super quickly. I used to want to be an actress though so I always used to like playing up to different ‘looks’. 

These days I’m boring because I’m trying to look more professional for boring adult jobs :P :P But tbh I’m probably gonna end up doing something bonkers again soon just for the hell of it. 

Unpopular opinion!!! 

Maybe unpopular opinion but tattoos and crazy hair can be unprofessional? If I am in a meeting and someone walks in with SS tattoo on his neck (yes a guy i work with has SS on his neck), I'm thinking that's pretty dumb and unprofessional. Same token if someone walks into a meeting with their hair spiked 3' in the air and 7 colors, yeah that could be unprofessional.

Now, non sexual (some new tattoos are so good that the naked chick looks pretty damn graphic) or non Nazi tattoos, not a big deal. Colored hair, or shaved sides of hair or whatever, also not a big deal.

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

Maybe unpopular opinion but tattoos and crazy hair can be unprofessional? If I am in a meeting and someone walks in with SS tattoo on his neck (yes a guy i work with has SS on his neck), I'm thinking that's pretty dumb and unprofessional. Same token if someone walks into a meeting with their hair spiked 3' in the air and 7 colors, yeah that could be unprofessional.

Now, non sexual (some new tattoos are so good that the naked chick looks pretty damn graphic) or non Nazi tattoos, not a big deal. Colored hair, or shaved sides of hair or whatever, also not a big deal.

Lol - I was being a bit silly really. Of course there are limits. Just like you wouldn't expect someone to go to work with a nice ironed blouse...that has naked ladies all over it. But the very fact of having non natural coloured hair and tattoos as long as they're not violent, graphic and people are clean and presentable then it should be fine!!!! in my opinion. One of my best friends is an excellent veterinary nurse and has tattoos pretty much everywhere and they're all cute things like owls and not intimidating or violent in anyway and she still gets crap about them all the time even though the animals don't care!!!!

1 hour ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Lol - I was being a bit silly really. Of course there are limits. Just like you wouldn't expect someone to go to work with a nice ironed blouse...that has naked ladies all over it. But the very fact of having non natural coloured hair and tattoos as long as they're not violent, graphic and people are clean and presentable then it should be fine!!!! in my opinion. One of my best friends is an excellent veterinary nurse and has tattoos pretty much everywhere and they're all cute things like owls and not intimidating or violent in anyway and she still gets crap about them all the time even though the animals don't care!!!!

People look for reasons to be offended. Anyone not like them is offensive!

On 6/5/2018 at 6:00 PM, Yukle said:

I'll go a bit more unpopular and add that I sure as hell hope that the current flood of superhero films aren't still coming out in 10 years. We need a new cultural movement.

I pretty much agree with all of that.  I might like a new star wars if its actually interesting and fresh but I m definitely burnt out on super heroes.  

The Last Jedi basically asked the audience to root for OJ in the low speed Bronco chase so yeah they really need a change of direction.

And for even more unpopular opinions, I'm pretty anti tattoo.  To me its far too often a case of the art ruining the canvas.

On 6/6/2018 at 9:46 AM, dbunting said:

Deep dish, eh no thanks.  NY style for me. Chicago style if the sauce is good.

I've never gotten this Great Debate.  I love both NY style and Chicago style.  Just as I like both mashed and baked potatoes, or porterhouse and sirloin, etc.  Can't we all just get along!

This really isn't an unpopular opinion inasmuch as it's a complaint.  Justified is one my all-time favorite shows.  Want to rewatch it, but it's neither on Netflix nor Hulu.  Fuck you streaming services, you made me seek illegal outlets.

1 minute ago, dmc515 said:

This really isn't an unpopular opinion inasmuch as it's a complaint.  Justified is one my all-time favorite shows.  Want to rewatch it, but it's neither on Netflix nor Hulu.  Fuck you streaming services, you made me seek illegal outlets.

Amazon Prime?

https://www.justwatch.com/us/search?q=justified

12 minutes ago, Week said:

Right, never saw the need for it until now though.  And I'm still sore because they inexplicably charged me for Prime a few months ago when I never signed up.  Their "chat" service for fixing it was nice and all, but the rep still didn't have much of an explanation for why that happened.  Seemed to boil down to "well the system will charge non-paying members randomly until and unless they complain about it."

On 6/6/2018 at 12:15 PM, Zorral said:

Season 2 is worth watching for Atia period, particularly the last scenes, with her son's wife, and her daughter laughing with delight, knowing that fireworks are in the works over who gets to run the emperor.  Her Real Mother is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!  Those scenes in particular made me so sorry there was no season 3.

Polly Walker -- like almost all the cast -- was stellar as Atia.

If the show runners for GOT were able to find room for Genna Lannister, Polly walker would have been the only choice.

On 6/6/2018 at 12:17 PM, Zorral said:

Speaking of unpopular opinions, this would probably have many a fan boy spitting mad, that is if they ever read such publications:

http://www.vulture.com/2018/06/kelly-marie-tran-star-wars-hollywood-enabled-toxicity.html

Yep, these pricks ruin everything.  'Remember the 'puppies' fiasco with the Hugo Awards a few years ago?  'Remember the freak out at the Star Trek: Discovery trailers as being too SJW? The trailers that featured what appeared to be an Asian female captain and a black female first officer?  Star Trek.  Fucking Star Trek.

Imagine what Carrie Fischer would have gone through if social media existed in the late 1970's.  I'm sure if someone dug around you could find some op-ed from then claiming "Star Wars features womens-lib run amok" or some such idiocy.

Archived