Poll: Answer 10 mysteries of asoiaf

1. Where is Tysha? Wherever whores go.
2. Who is Mystery Knight of Harrenhall (Laughing tree)? Lyanna Stark.
3. Who is the Harpy? No one in particular.
4. Who is Jon's mother? Lyanna Stark.
5. Real identity of Aegon VI? Some boy from Essos; maybe a Blackfyre descendant.
6.  Who killed Little Walder Frey? Big Walder.
7. Who wrote Pink Letter? Ramsay Snow.
8. Who is Coldhands? A not-quite-dead former NW brother.
9. Who is Hooded man of Winterfell? No idea.
10. Who is Azor Ahai? Whoever will lead the war against the Others will be called that in hindsight, I think.
11. What happened to Tyrek Lannister? Died in a riot.
12. Where did Qyburn come from and what are his goals? Former maester. His goal is to further his research.
13. What is Littlefinger's full back story? What is written in the text.
14. Where did Jaime and Brienne go? To Lady Stoneheart's lair.
15. What happened to Gerion Lannister? Died in the Smoking Sea.
16. Where is Benjen? Died beyond the Wall.

1. Where is Tysha?

not relevant 

2. Who is Mystery Knight of Harrenhall (Laughing tree)?

Lyanna

3. Who is the Harpy?

Green Grace and some hired thugs (who don't have child hostages)

4. Who is Jon's mother?

Lyanna or ... 

5. Real identity of Aegon VI?

either real, or Varys thinks he's real, or a Blackfyre, which is pretty real 

6. Who killed Little Walder Frey?

a Manderly trying to frame a Frey

7. Who wrote Pink Letter?

i hope Mance

8. Who is Coldhands?

certainly a NW ranger from long, long ago

9. Who is Hooded man of Winterfell?

Maester Lewin

10. Who is Azor Ahai?

a myth used to explain something that was the cause of or solution to the Long Night

On 7/4/2018 at 3:40 AM, Prince Yourwetdream Aeryn said:

1. Where is Tysha?

3. Who is the Harpy?

4. Who is Jon's mother?

6.  Who killed Little Walder Frey?

8. Who is Coldhands?

10. Who is Azor Ahai?

1. I will guess and say Tysha died already.  
  2. Howland Reed prayed to get even.  I am more interested in who or what he sacrificed to get his prayers answered.
  3. The Green Grace is the Harpy.  She is the one controlling the hate groups who want to bring back the slave trade.
  4. Lyanna Stark.  Jon has the look of the north.  He had to come from a Stark to get that look.
  5. Blackfyre.  Aegon could be one. 
  6. The wildlings killed Walder.  Mance Rayder.
  7. Ramsay Bolton wrote the letter.
  8. Benjen Stark
  9. Somebody working for Mance. Or a Manderly knight.  Somebody who was hired to make Roose nervous.
  10. Daenerys Targaryen.  She is Azor Ahai.  

1. Where is Tysha?  Working in the world's oldest profession.  

2. Who is Mystery Knight of Harrenhall (Laughing tree)?  Howland Reed

3. Who is the Harpy?  Green Grace, Galazza Galare.

4. Who is Jon's mother?  Lyanna Stark

5. Real identity of Aegon VI?  Prince Aegon Targaryen.  

6.  Who killed Little Walder Frey?  Mance Rayder

7. Who wrote Pink Letter?  Ramsay Bolton

8. Who is Coldhands?  Benjen Stark

9. Who is Hooded man of Winterfell?  Howland Reed

10. Who is Azor Ahai?  Queen Daenerys Targaryen

1. Where is Tysha?

3. Who is the Harpy?

4. Who is Jon's mother?

8. Who is Coldhands?

10. Who is Azor Ahai?

1. Dead(or simply missing, will not come into the story)

2. Lyanna Stark

3. The green grace 

4. Lyanna Stark

5. Fake( also agree it doesn't matter, that's his whole point). 

6. Big Walder

7. Stannis

8. No one

9. Theon, he didn't commit the murders though, they were either mance and the spearwives or caused by others with motive who took advantage of the situation, such as big Walder

10. No one

On 7/28/2018 at 11:54 PM, Bowen 747 said:
  1. I will guess and say Tysha died already.  
  2. Howland Reed prayed to get even.  I am more interested in who or what he sacrificed to get his prayers answered.
  3. The Green Grace is the Harpy.  She is the one controlling the hate groups who want to bring back the slave trade.
  4. Lyanna Stark.  Jon has the look of the north.  He had to come from a Stark to get that look.
  5. Blackfyre.  Aegon could be one. 
  6. The wildlings killed Walder.  Mance Rayder.
  7. Ramsay Bolton wrote the letter.
  8. Benjen Stark
  9. Somebody working for Mance. Or a Manderly knight.  Somebody who was hired to make Roose nervous.
  10. Daenerys Targaryen.  She is Azor Ahai.  

Crackpot, but I like the way you think. 

• 2 weeks later...

1. Where is Tysha?  I'm just guessing, King's Landing.

3. Who is the Harpy?  the Green Grace

5. Real identity of Aegon VI?  Blackfyre boy

6.  Who killed Little Walder Frey?  Mance and the wildlings

9. Who is Hooded man of Winterfell?  Howland Reed

10. Who is Azor Ahai?  Daenerys 

On 7/4/2018 at 12:40 AM, Prince Yourwetdream Aeryn said:

1. Where is Tysha?

3. Who is the Harpy?

4. Who is Jon's mother?

8. Who is Coldhands?

10. Who is Azor Ahai?

1. Stepstones

2. Lyanna Stark

3. Daario Nahaaris

4. Ashara Dayne

5. Some Blackfyre

6. Lady Stoneheart

7. Wymen Manderly

8. Night's King

9. Hallis Mollen but I don't think he's as important as people think

10. Rickon Stark is my best guess for now but I think the old Azor Ahai was Brandon of the Bloody Blade

1. Where is Tysha?

3. Who is the Harpy?

4. Who is Jon's mother?

8. Who is Coldhands?

10. Who is Azor Ahai?

1. dunna care

2. Eddard

3. dunna care

4. ain't been told yet

5. I dislike some of the ambiguous bs in ASOIAF

6. another piece of ambiguity

7. dunna know. Mind fuck territory.

8. he's old. Before Bloodraven's time.

9. part of the GNC.

10. dunna care.

On 8/16/2018 at 11:59 AM, kleevedge said:

1. Stepstones

2. Lyanna Stark

3. Daario Nahaaris

4. Ashara Dayne

5. Some Blackfyre

6. Lady Stoneheart

7. Wymen Manderly

8. Night's King

9. Hallis Mollen but I don't think he's as important as people think

10. Rickon Stark is my best guess for now but I think the old Azor Ahai was Brandon of the Bloody Blade

Well, nothing boring about these answers!

Could you give a few more thoughts on why you think Tysha is in the stepstones,  also

How and why Daario is the Harpy,

The logistical side of how Lady Stoneheart killed Big Walder ( How she found the opportunity, and what the means she used were. Also why she didn't kill Big Walder.  Her motives seem clear enough to me. And it seems to me that it was no breach of honour, either.  LSH was only bound by Catelyn Stark's vow to protect the boy to the extent that Lord Walder honoured his vows to Catelyn Stark. Given his subsequent treatment of her, LSH would have been well within her rights to kill both Lady Stark's wards. Lord Walder can't even  pretend he truly valued Lady Stark as a guardian after he had her killed and her body dumped in the river. I notice that you have Hallis as the hooded man - does that mean that all LSH's crew were at Winterfell, or just Hallis and LSH, or perhaps just Hallis acting for LSH. )

Wymen Manderley as the author of the pink letter: again, more interested in the when and how. That Wymen might stitch up Ramsey is completely in keeping with all we know about him, with his 'dead' onion knight and his honouring of the guest-right of the Freys. Although why he would try to goad Jon and the Night's Watch into attacking Winterfell with him and his host in it, is not absolutely clear to me. There is also the question of how Wymen knows so much about Mance and his mission, whether or not Ramsey knows these things too, or has done some or all the things the Pink Letter claims.  Also, did Wymen write it himself? Was the letter sent to Asha earlier from him or Ramsey, or someone else?

Brandon Stark was Azor Ahai...tell me more

ETA: Aww. Cheer up, @Clegane'sPup

Just remember, only 131 sleeps before the year in which we can again hope for the release of Winds of Winter (maybe with Clegane Bowl!)

Or consider how much better it is at the moment without all that 'Alas, Valyria' trolling nonsense that we are guaranteed to be inundated by from November, when 'Blood and Fire' is released.

I like Eddard as the KotLT, too.

On 8/22/2018 at 12:28 AM, Walda said:

ETA: Aww. Cheer up, @Clegane'sPup

Just remember, only 131 sleeps before the year in which we can again hope for the release of Winds of Winter (maybe with Clegane Bowl!)

Har. :P I'm tinkin' readers gotta bunch more days to come before WoW.

As to Clegane bowl I ignored that a while back. Sandor had the opportunity to kill his brother free and clear and Sandor didn't do it.

Or consider how much better it is at the moment without all that 'Alas, Valyria' trolling nonsense that we are guaranteed to be inundated by from November, when 'Blood and Fire' is released.

Ye, the board will be lit up.

I like Eddard as the KotLT, too. 

We be in the minority. :cheers:

On 7/4/2018 at 12:40 AM, Prince Yourwetdream Aeryn said:

1. Where is Tysha?

3. Who is the Harpy?

4. Who is Jon's mother?

8. Who is Coldhands?

10. Who is Azor Ahai?

1. In Braavos. She is the Sailor's Wife
  2. Lyanna Stark
  3. The Green Grace
  4. Lyanna Stark
  5. A mixture of Perkin Warbeck and Lambert Simnel; I hope he is the real Pisswater Prince. Probably the Blackfyre heir
  6. Big Walder - he had it coming
  7. Mance
  8. A long dead ranger of the Night's Watch. Not Benjen.
  9. Tyler Durden? More likely Harwin
  10. Jon Snow

On 7/4/2018 at 4:52 AM, Seams said:

11. What happened to Tyrek Lannister?

12. Where did Qyburn come from and what are his goals?

13. What is Littlefinger's full back story?

14. Where did Jaime and Brienne go?

15. What happened to Gerion Lannister?

16. Where is Benjen?

11.  most likely in Pentos, enjoying Illyrio's hospitality

12.  Don't care, and to expose forbidden knowledge

13.  I think we know most of it. He's just a very smart and amoral SOB

14.  To Lady Stoneheart. It's a trap for Jaime

15.  He's a castaway on some island near Valyria. Perhaps Marwyn will find him on the way to Meereen.

16. Hardhome

1. Where is Tysha?  

3. Who is the Harpy?

4. Who is Jon's mother?

8. Who is Coldhands?

10. Who is Azor Ahai?

1. Dead

2. Lyanna

3. Reznak the perfumed Seneschal

4. Lyanna

5. Illyrio's son

6. The Manderly's - by way of someone

7. Mance

8. Night's King - not really sure 

9. Septon Chayle

10. Jon Snow

1. Where is Tysha?   Sailor's Wife, or maybe the Peach

2. Who is Mystery Knight of Harrenhall (Laughing tree)? Lyanna, but I still think that's a little...off

3. Who is the Harpy? Green Grace

4. Who is Jon's mother? Ashara and I'm sticking to it.  Not trolling, not arguing.

5. Real identity of Aegon VI?  Could be R+L, could be a Blackfyre.  Doesn't matter b/c House Baratheon sits the Iron Throne by conquest and Stannis lives, so any newcomer has to conquer.

6.  Who killed Little Walder Frey? One of the Manderlys

7. Who wrote Pink Letter? Mance

8. Who is Coldhands? Night's King

9. Who is Hooded man of Winterfell? Benjen, the Stark in Winterfell

10. Who is Azor Ahai? Jon & Dawn

On 8/21/2018 at 9:28 PM, Walda said:

Well, nothing boring about these answers!

Could you give a few more thoughts on why you think Tysha is in the stepstones,  also

How and why Daario is the Harpy,

The logistical side of how Lady Stoneheart killed Big Walder ( How she found the opportunity, and what the means she used were. Also why she didn't kill Big Walder.  Her motives seem clear enough to me. And it seems to me that it was no breach of honour, either.  LSH was only bound by Catelyn Stark's vow to protect the boy to the extent that Lord Walder honoured his vows to Catelyn Stark. Given his subsequent treatment of her, LSH would have been well within her rights to kill both Lady Stark's wards. Lord Walder can't even  pretend he truly valued Lady Stark as a guardian after he had her killed and her body dumped in the river. I notice that you have Hallis as the hooded man - does that mean that all LSH's crew were at Winterfell, or just Hallis and LSH, or perhaps just Hallis acting for LSH. )

Wymen Manderley as the author of the pink letter: again, more interested in the when and how. That Wymen might stitch up Ramsey is completely in keeping with all we know about him, with his 'dead' onion knight and his honouring of the guest-right of the Freys. Although why he would try to goad Jon and the Night's Watch into attacking Winterfell with him and his host in it, is not absolutely clear to me. There is also the question of how Wymen knows so much about Mance and his mission, whether or not Ramsey knows these things too, or has done some or all the things the Pink Letter claims.  Also, did Wymen write it himself? Was the letter sent to Asha earlier from him or Ramsey, or someone else?

Brandon Stark was Azor Ahai...tell me more

Well, as for Tysha being in the stepstones, I had been drinking that day and my dyslexia must've kicked in because I ment the Stoney Sept. The reason I think this is poor, I admit but when Robert was talking to Ned about Jon's mother he confuses her with a girl he was with and describes her with black hair and eyes you could drown in, which is exactly how Tyrion describes Tysha.

As for Daario I believe he's the perfumed seneschal, I feel they're using perfumed as a metaphor for disguised, Daario is disguising himself to be a friend of Dany's. I think Daario is trying to control Dany's dragons and that's why he tried to Poison Hizdahr, knowing Dany is not likely to eat the locusts, but strong Belwas ended up eating them instead. Daario is constantly going out in the city unaccounted for, having plenty of time to organize the Harpy's. Out of all the hostages sent to Yunkaii, the kill Groleo. Daario is an unruly troublemaker with a sharp tongue, who would not make a good hostage, so why would he be surviving this long?

As for Lady Stoneheart killing Big Walder, I don't think she actually killed him herself, but she had the hooded man do it for her. I'm not 100% sold on Hallis being the hooded man but I believe it would be someone in her "group". As far as her motivation, it's pretty obvious, she's driven by vengeance (not justice) and wants to harm any family that has done her wrong, like the Frey's. The opportunity for them to infiltrate Winterfell would be easy, sellswords always attach themselves to hosts, and at the time everyone was going to "Arya's" wedding. If Lady Stoneheart heard Arya was being married to a Bolton, I'm pretty damn sure she would head North, last I can remember she was near the neck. I will admit I am biased towards this idea as I'm hoping Stannis  will have Jon's body brought to Winterfell and Lady Stoneheart will give him the kiss of life.

Now for the Pink Letter, I think Waymen and Mance were working in cahoots together. I believe his intentions would be to bring the Wildlings down from the North to attack Winterfell, since Roose is going to send men south to meet Stannis, leaving Winterfell vulnerable. Saying that Ramsay killed the wildlings and has Mance captured will encourage the wildlings to head south to free their king, creating a pincer maneuver against Ramsay. With the large host of the Frey's marching south first, a large part of Bolton's "loyal" defense is gone, allowing Manderly and house Umber an oppurtunity to open the Northern gate and letting the wildlings in. Now everyone is looking for Mance after Theon escaped, so I don't think it plausible he could've sent the letter himself, since he's probably hiding in the crypts, and that's where Waymen somehow knew Mance was also against the Bolton's and decided to work together.

And lastly for Brandon of the Bloody Blade i'm not completely sold he was the Azor Ahai but i believe it could be very likely. From the fact he killed so many children of the forest at blue lake, it became known as red lake and his sword glowed red with blood. Rose of Blue lake (possible hint at the winter rose's that grow in Winterfell) could have very well been his Nissa Nissa. I have a few theories on him like he became coldhands, he became Symeon Star-Eyes the new Great Other but we have so little material on him that anything is possible.

On 7/4/2018 at 9:40 AM, Prince Yourwetdream Aeryn said:

1. Where is Tysha?

I don't think we will ever know. She might be the sailor's wife in Braavos, but I think her role is mostly as an unobtainable ideal for Tyrion, so we probably never gets an answer........ or she is wherever whores go. :rolleyes: 

Almost certainly Lyanna.

3. Who is the Harpy?

Don't know, don't really care that much about that story line.

4. Who is Jon's mother?

Lyanna. The clues are just to big and convincing for it to be anyone else. In addition this makes Jon a Targaryan and that might well be very important for the end game.

I like the Blackfyre angle, although I don't think Aegon knows about that and he thinks he is Rhaegars son.

Big Walder. One less Frey to stand in his way of becomming Lord of the Crossing.

That one I am still stumped on.

8. Who is Coldhands?

One of the Raven's Teeths that went to the wall with Bloodraven.

Most likely Harwin.

10. Who is Azor Ahai?

Not sure there really is one. He is probably a legendary figure, like King Arthur (Magic sword and all). 

1. Where is Tysha?  Employed by Petyr Baelish.

3. Who is the Harpy?  The Green Grace

5. Real identity of Aegon VI?  Aegon Blackfyre

6.  Who killed Little Walder Frey?  Mance Rayder

9. Who is Hooded man of Winterfell?  A faceless man working for Manderly.

10. Who is Azor Ahai?  Daenerys Targaryen

On 7/4/2018 at 1:52 PM, Seams said:

11. What happened to Tyrek Lannister?

Probably dead. Varys or Littlefinger could have him, but the whole situation behind his disappearance seems to be too random to have been planned. 

12. Where did Qyburn come from and what are his goals?

He is an ex-maester who became involved with some very questionable "research" and as a result thrown out. He is obsessed with the idea of reviving the dead. 

13. What is Littlefinger's full back story?

I think his backstory is exactly as we get it from the books.

14. Where did Jaime and Brienne go?

To see Lady Stonehart. This is one of the story archs I am looking forwards to the most.

15. What happened to Gerion Lannister?

Dead. It's probaly a good thing that tyrion didn't go with Gerion.

16. Where is Benjen?

I'm afraid he is dead. I really hope he is alive, but he have been gone for a few years by now, so if he was alive he most likely would have shown up at the Wall. What would he gain by hiding for so long ?

Archived