Football: Sarri state of affairs

Iskaral Pust

That was shockingly bad officiating. Even though Ribery blatantly dived, at least that is somewhat subjective. If you miss a penalty and were encroaching it is an indirect free kick to the opposition not a retake. To get the laws of the game wrong is unforgivable from a referee.

Hmm, see the prices you guys listed were more in line with my expectations. I looked at some tickets for PSG and some Italian clubs and they were around that. I suspect that what @Iskaral Pust described is what my friend wants to book. He hasn't yet, so I'll have to talk to him about the specifics. I was invited last minute because he knows I want to do a big European trip in two years and suggested going to an easy country first with some friends before spending four to six weeks alone trekking around the continent. 

5 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

So what's the deal with Adama Traore then, is he fast but shit, or what?

He used to be fast but shit. Evidence from the second half of last season was that he got much better under Pulis, and in his appearance last week and his cameo so far it seems to bear that out- he's no football genius but he can beat a man like no-one else so as long as he keeps it simple and gets decent balls into the box there's no team in the league that can rest easy with him about.

Now that was a good game of football. Wolves played really well and it was refreshing to see a side actually try to string passes together and take the game to City instead of crawling into a defensive hole and hoofing the ball. City a bit unfortunate hitting the woodwork three times though.

Are you guys really saying that you can handball it into the net as long as it isn't intentional? Intent surely should go out the window in a goal scoring situation!

Since he missed it with his head and used a part of his body he's not allowed to use to knock it in it simply has to be disallowed, otherwise everyone would just put their arm out in case they don't make contact with the head.

Illegal goal all day long!

That said, it should have been defended better.

10 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

Putting your arm out with the intention of it being there for the ball just in case, would be intentional handball. Boly's arms were where you'd expect them to be - lowered to brace his fall.

I'm not keen on the idea of 'impure' goals, but what happened wasn't technically an offence.

Ascertaining intent is often nearly impossible, which is why all such cases of a goal via handball should be disallowed.

That was very silly by Richarlison.

It wasn't really a headbutt, it was one of those situations where both of them went head-to-head and then Richarlison gave the tiniest flick forward, but by the law it's a red. Smith totally goaded him and played for it though.

17 minutes ago, Jordan La Cabra said:

West Ham have impressed me with their first half performance. They've been helped a little bit by Arsenal's high line, of course, but if not for a lack of quality in front of goal, they'd be a few goals up.

They've been helped a ton by Arsenal's high line with defenders who are slow and show poor anticipation. Can't ask for a better situation for West Ham.

I'm a little surprised Torreira and Leno aren't in the team yet, Torreira especially. It's not like Arsenal aren't willing to put new players into the firing line, Guendouzi's played every minute, and Xhaka's been rubbish.

12 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

It's not like Arsenal aren't willing to put new players into the firing line, Guendouzi's played every minute, and Xhaka's been rubbish.

I guess the difference is that Guendouzi didn't play at the world cup. Obviously a match-fitness concern with Torreira.

I see that Adam Smith has now followed Richarlison into the dressing room. Little bit of karma that.

Archived