MCUniverse: Cat Scratch Fever edition.

Red Tiger

3 minutes ago, HokieStone said:

No...according to wiki, Lashana Lynch is 31 years old.

Huh, I thought I read they de aged her a bit, but I dunno.

But yeah I believe from what I also thought I read that Carol is 26 at the time the accident in CM happens, so she'd be (does math) about 35 in CM then 55 in Endgame.

7 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Yeah, you may be right about the plot hole. The Hulk-Banner dynamic is a bit wonky right now, and one of the things that needs to be resolved in Endgame.

It's not the only plot hole relating to Banner - when they fight Thanos at the end the Hulkbuster armor gets fused into a cliff face, then after the snap Banner is standing around with the rest looking at Visions body still in the Hulkbuster armor. He's the first one to get taken out when Thanos arrives so it's not even that the rewind got him out of the cliff.

Both these issues are explained if Banner is actually Loki and that's the reason he never turns into Hulk rather than fear.

50 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Huh, I thought I read they de aged her a bit, but I dunno.

But yeah I believe from what I also thought I read that Carol is 26 at the time the accident in CM happens, so she'd be (does math) about 35 in CM then 55 in Endgame.

31. She was gone 6 years. I know this because IMDB tells me flashback Monica is 5 years old and non-flash back Monica is 11. But 55 for Endgame is approximately right since it's been ~23 years since CM left Earth. Maria should be 55-60 in Endgame. If they put a bit of grey around the edges of the hair and 3 crow's feet with each eye, and she moves a little stiffly, a 30-odd year old can pass as late 50s especially a late 50s person who's stayed fit and healthy.

21 minutes ago, karaddin said:

It's not the only plot hole relating to Banner - when they fight Thanos at the end the Hulkbuster armor gets fused into a cliff face, then after the snap Banner is standing around with the rest looking at Visions body still in the Hulkbuster armor. He's the first one to get taken out when Thanos arrives so it's not even that the rewind got him out of the cliff.

Both these issues are explained if Banner is actually Loki and that's the reason he never turns into Hulk rather than fear.

Damn, how do I hear this theory only now?

Anyway, I don't think that's a plot hole. When Thanos used the reality stone on Knowhere to 'break up' Drax and Mantis, they returned to normal once he left.

22 minutes ago, karaddin said:

I just assumed Thanos reality stone powers wear off, whenever he leaves a location. Sort of like they did for Drax and Mantis when he quite literally tore them apart at Knowhere, only for the effects to be undone the moment he leaves.

Yeah I only brought it up to mention a theory I like rather than to poke at potential holes. That could be the explanation they intended, there is at least a difference to those other cases though - the cliff face is real and exists there all the time, the other two were being artificially held in an impossible state. My immediate interpretation was that he should still be fused into the cliff even when the power wears off - like in many fantasy scenarios if someone is clipping through a solid object and the power turns off they are stuck there.

Of course the character with that power in my hero academia gets popped out so maybe it is like that.

38 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

31. She was gone 6 years. I know this because IMDB tells me flashback Monica is 5 years old and non-flash back Monica is 11. But 55 for Endgame is approximately right since it's been ~23 years since CM left Earth. Maria should be 55-60 in Endgame. If they put a bit of grey around the edges of the hair and 3 crow's feet with each eye, and she moves a little stiffly, a 30-odd year old can pass as late 50s especially a late 50s person who's stayed fit and healthy.

Right, but she has um, I'll spoiler tag in case

Spoiler

Kree blood, Infinity stone based powers, plus its Marvel

5 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Right, but she has um, I'll spoiler tag in case

Hide contents

Kree blood, Infinity stone based powers, plus its Marvel

Not Maria though. So she'll age as a typical human

7 hours ago, Werthead said:

Insufficient time. It would take Carol a long time to get back from being "maybe a couple of galaxies" away, and the Endgame trailer confirms that, it takes weeks for her to get back from wherever she is.

Insufficient time is not an excuse.  There was ample time to realize he ("it"?) was an existential threat - and even sufficient time to realize him raising a city into the sky was, ya know, globally threatening.  Hell, they created Vision in the meantime.  When you think you're fucked, you exhaust all options.

3 hours ago, karaddin said:

Not sure why this is a problem?  Was just skimming replies so maybe I'm missing something.  I just assumed he busted out of the..predicament Thanos put him in.  Also, Idris Elba sends Hulk to earth before Loki tries to kill Thanos then dies.  Based on basic casting it appears Loki survived somehow, but if it's because he's now Banner and Hulk?  No, very against that theory.  Not to mention we are showed multiple times of Banner trying to get Hulk to come out and he refuses.  That wouldn't happen if it was Loki.

If Vers is visiting lots of worlds, most of these years could have been spent traveling in space at relativistic speeds so her body has aged less years than have passed for the rest of us.  But if you're in a galaxy with spaceships, why not just use one?   Gets back to that lightspeed engine improvement over regular ships that they need to explain.

For not calling Carol before, just say he had supers on the job each time whom he trusted to deal with omega threats, and each threat was something they could point to, understand, and send the team to fight it.  So he had faith in them and was rewarded.   

And danvers can't get here in a half hour, so the ultron extinction threat was too immediate for her to make a difference.  Maybe he texted "Emergency" and then "Fixed," but who cares.  When ultron was winning and they were laying low, wasn't it because they didnt know what to do?  No clear target or way to make progress against an enemy that drops each shell body as needed and wakes up half a world away in a fresh body.  Carol wouldn't have done any better against ultron's proliferation phase.  The new infinity war threat was instantly beyond us and not something fury was going to be around to grapple with, so a last second summons.  Makes sense to me.   

40 minutes ago, The Mother of The Others said:

And danvers can't get here in a half hour, so the ultron extinction threat was too immediate for her to make a difference.

It was much more than a half hour.  They knew he wanted to destroy humans AND they knew they didn't know how to beat him for a substantial time period.  That's much of the second act.  Frankly the question should be why Fury didn't page CM in IW earlier?  He should have known the threat.  Answer:  movies.

29 minutes ago, DMC said:

It was much more than a half hour.  They knew he wanted to destroy humans AND they knew they didn't know how to beat him for a substantial time period.  That's much of the second act.  Frankly the question should be why Fury didn't page CM in IW earlier?  He should have known the threat.  Answer:  movies.

I'll make up an answer for you.

Though he'll never admit it, Fury had misplaced the pager during the Ultron crisis. (He doesn't like to admit embarrassing things, like how he lost his eye) It was only when he got home that night, after the situation was already over, that he found the pager in the pants that he wore the previous day. 

Just now, A True Kaniggit said:

Though he'll never admit it, Fury had misplaced the pager during the Ultron crisis. (He doesn't like to admit embarrassing things, like how he lost his eye) It was only when he got home that night, after the situation was already over, that he found the pager in the pants that he wore the previous day.

I mean, the most palatable answer for me is he went a bender.  You forget tons of stuff when you're on a bender.  And then forget that you forgot that stuff afterwards.  It can get annoying, and I've been there.  But that doesn't jive with this guy:

28 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

I dunno, even if he used the pager the second Ultron opened I still don’t think Carol would have made it in time, but it’s been a bit since I watched it.

The point is not whether or not she'll get there in time.  The point is to recognize this a global threat that your pet project isn't able to stop.  And that's how it looked for a pretty significant time in Ultron.

Archived