We didn’t see the Night King at he end of E02

nborders

I think He's riding his ICE Dragon. Will be nowhere near the Front lines and will prob not be involved in this initial fight. With so much foreshadowing in the previews it seems like the NK might be targeting the Crypts. 

"THE DEAD ARE ALREADY HERE"

I think he Raises the Centuries of Dead Starks in the Crypt and destroys Winterfell from Within.

I guess they want the Night King's grand entrance to be a surprise?

It is a little strange that they've not shown a scene of Bran "checking-in" with the Night King, the White Walkers and the AotD. Not least because the presence of Viserion would probably be hard to miss. We haven't seen much of Bran skinchanging his ravens, let alone plugging into the Weirwood net.

Either way, presuming the NK appears he's probably going to be attacking Winterfell from above, trying to attack from above. Bran's "plan" does feel a little shaky because it relies on the idea that the Night King will want to try and kill Bran personally. For plot convenience, let's say he really just cannot resist the urge to go directly for Bran -- it's fair to presume he'll guess it's "supposed" to be a trap. He might even pass up the chance to kill Bran and instead target something else, like the crypts. 

I don't really know what to expect from NK next week.

On 4/22/2019 at 7:43 PM, Moshroom said:

When you stop the video, you'll see Daenerys riding the dragon in the promo. So the NK is nowhere to be seen. Either he falls for the kinda obvious trap or maybe he'll get to KL to add a few people to his army, attacking from the south.

But seeing how long it took them to move to the wall, to Last Hearth and to Winterfell, they might just arrive at the end of S8 :D

whats the Craic with GC and Lannister army, are they moving North yet?

Would be pretty hard to take out fully armoured wights, even with Dragonglass

What if he goes to Kings Landing while his army is at Winterfell. He should know that most of the armed forces in Westeros are in Winterfell waiting for him, leaving Kingslanding vulnerable with only Cercei and Euron's army. Anyways the writers are doing a terrible job wrapping the end of this series, so I expect anything that makes no sense from them.

While I don't think the NK will go to King's Landing in this episode, it would be a great plan. They don't have dragon glass and I don't think they have any known Valyrian steel swords there anymore. He could just walk through the city killing everyone and no one would be able to stop him.

7 minutes ago, Bran Snow said:

While I don't think the NK will go to King's Landing in this episode, it would be a great plan. They don't have dragon glass and I don't think they have any known Valyrian steel swords there anymore. He could just walk through the city killing everyone and no one would be able to stop him.

He could just fly to all castles and towns, raise their dead and let the dead deal with everyone. At this point, why even march on Winterfell? Just surround it and starve them to death.

7 hours ago, Bran Snow said:

It's an intriguing idea that the NK could fly straight to  KL, fry the Golden Company and gain a new zombie army, but somehow I don't think he (or D&D) are that clever. Having said that, is there any wildfire left under KL - Cercei could defeat them with that. I think it's more likely the survivors of the fall of Winterfell have to retreat to KL, in which case Cercei might save the day with her wildfire!

30 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

It's an intriguing idea that the NK could fly straight to  KL, fry the Golden Company and gain a new zombie army, but somehow I don't think he (or D&D) are that clever. Having said that, is there any wildfire left under KL - Cercei could defeat them with that. I think it's more likely the survivors of the fall of Winterfell have to retreat to KL, in which case Cercei might save the day with her wildfire!

But he can't do that can he? If he "fries" them, then they shouldn't come back. We have seen all throughout the books and show that you burn the dead so they can't be brought back.

Now he could raise all the dead around KL, burn open the gates and let them flood in. And that's when I think Cersei unleashes the mad Kings fury and ignites the remaining wildfire killing them all, burning them so they can't be raised again.

1 minute ago, dbunting said:

But he can't do that can he? If he "fries" them, then they shouldn't come back. We have seen all throughout the books and show that you burn the dead so they can't be brought back.

Now he could raise all the dead around KL, burn open the gates and let them flood in. And that's when I think Cersei unleashes the mad Kings fury and ignites the remaining wildfire killing them all, burning them so they can't be raised again.

Good point, that. So more likely is the lumbering army of the Undead wind up at the gates of KL and Cercei unleashes wildfire on them.

22 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Yeah I do to be honest, I just don’t feel enough about the NK and Army of the Dead storyline to want it to go beyond one big battle, I also sort of think people are giving the NK more tactical kudos than he deserves, I don’t think the Army of the Dead is nearly as well organised as the livings, by default they can’t be as 99% of them are mindless zombies.

I have a feeling the battle will be over the next two episodes with the remainder of the story essentially 'crammed' into two episodes - which would be disappointing.

So...however I look at the remaining 4 episodes, I always fail to see how it'll all beautifully tie up together. I feel like we have so much to resolve and so little time. Let's hope for the best.

Why would the NK go to KL ? Does he really need a bigger army ? Like Jon stated there are FAR too many of them, they have no chance. NK has absolutely no reason to worry about KL. So if the army he has now is MORE than enough, why lose precious time to gain some more when you don't really need it to begin with ?

And in the E3 preview we see Jon on the ground fighting (presumably at Godswood ?) by the looks of the background, so could that give away that the NK is there as well ? 

53 minutes ago, ValarMorghulis1990 said:

I have a feeling the battle will be over the next two episodes with the remainder of the story essentially 'crammed' into two episodes - which would be disappointing.

Given the length of the episodes, combined with a lot of characters should have been killed off by then and the remaining characters sharing screen time, that should be sufficient.

Remember that for the books Dany won't even be landing in Westeros by the end of TWOW and that one whole book is going to cover her invasion, the Others and the aftermath.

GUYS:

The Night King WAS there.

If you look very carefully during the absolute last scene where the WWs are waiting in that row, at exactly 53:59-54:05, you can see the Night King's specially shaped sword (it looks kind of like a boomerang or something, it's sort of curved which you might remember from the "Hold the Door" episode) in the background, and it's very blurry but I think you can see the Night King himself.

@Adam Targaryen is right, at least that you can pretty clearly see all the White Walkers lined up with spears, the exception being the third weapon down the line has that flat-stubbed end executioner-style with a curved blade, the Night King has been seen with before. The fellow holding it is the only one without long hair or a beard. 

I think we're all just over-guessing about the Kings Landing idea, and he's just one of the line. 

Pay attention starting at 3:09. It seems that the night king almost wants to hold on to Bran and keep him from going away rather than just "marking him" Almost as if he is trying to tell him something. Maybe Bran insisted he meet the nightking in the godswood because he knows something that is about to happen

7 hours ago, Adam Targaryen said:

GUYS:

The Night King WAS there.

If you look very carefully during the absolute last scene where the WWs are waiting in that row, at exactly 53:59-54:05, you can see the Night King's specially shaped sword (it looks kind of like a boomerang or something, it's sort of curved which you might remember from the "Hold the Door" episode) in the background, and it's very blurry but I think you can see the Night King himself.

4 hours ago, Argonath Diver said:

@Adam Targaryen is right, at least that you can pretty clearly see all the White Walkers lined up with spears, the exception being the third weapon down the line has that flat-stubbed end executioner-style with a curved blade, the Night King has been seen with before. The fellow holding it is the only one without long hair or a beard. 

I think we're all just over-guessing about the Kings Landing idea, and he's just one of the line. 

I just re-watched the scene. The guy holding the curved blade is a regular WW and not the NK.

In fact, he looks like one of the WW's from S7E6, specifically the one who gave the NK the "ice-javelin" that he used to kill Viserion with. 

I've been saying this a lot today but here it goes again. Someone tell me how the NK knows that Kings Landing exists? 

He can't know, or at least we haven't been shown a way for him to know. KL was created thousands of years AFTER The Long Night, after they were defeated and the wall was built.

The only way they could try to spin it is to say he shares Brans' memories, but if that were the case then we should have seen Bran share the NK memories too and we haven't.

As to this question

8 hours ago, D2procon said:

It makes no sense for the night king to be heading to kings landing. He might be able to burn every single living soul in there but can't really raise ashes to fight for him...

He would raise the dead around KL. The city has been occupied for a thousand years, there must be a million plus corpses buried around it. Raise them, then attack KL. He can use his dragon to burn the gates and let the dead in.

Archived