Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I am getting the feeling that the end of Cersei might not be the end of the war.

Cersei has told Jamie and Euron she is pregnant and the child is theirs. What if she isn't and Euron finds out she is infertile? Euron is easily as nuts as Cersei ever was.

Another thing to consider here is that we have a Jon/Dany King/Queen in own right match and a Euron/Cersei matchup. 

Can't help thinking though that maybe Varys is right and what ends the war is the people switch sides and go for Jon over the mad queen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t even believe Cersei is pregnant anymore. The whole scene with Gilly demonstrates that enough time has passed that she should be showing.

That said I agree that this is probably all building up to everyone rallying behind Jon. He loves Dany so much yet clearly hates the south... so obviously he’ll lose Dany AND be forced to be King.

And Sansa will be thrilled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Faera said:

I don’t even believe Cersei is pregnant anymore. The whole scene with Gilly demonstrates that enough time has passed that she should be showing.

That said I agree that this is probably all building up to everyone rallying behind Jon. He loves Dany so much yet clearly hates the south... so obviously he’ll lose Dany AND be forced to be King.

And Sansa will be thrilled.

I did think it was a Mary Queen of Scots type phantom pregnancy when she first mentioned it last season.

Or maybe it is one last piece of Red Witch blood magic and Cersei will give birth to a shadow baby that strangles her.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The look between Euron and Qyburn makes me think that Cersei and Qyburn are lying to Euron.  

Or Qyburn and Euron are lying to Cersei, but there ain't no baby.  

More likely Cersei is in menopause and the men in her circle are manipulate her mother guilt.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Imp Beyond the Wall said:

The look between Euron and Qyburn makes me think that Cersei and Qyburn are lying to Euron.  

Or Qyburn and Euron are lying to Cersei, but there ain't no baby.  

More likely Cersei is in menopause and the men in her circle are manipulate her mother guilt.  

 

Far far to young for Menopause.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cersei has been built up for so long and Euron has had such a minor role. He will die next episode. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Faera said:

I don’t even believe Cersei is pregnant anymore. The whole scene with Gilly demonstrates that enough time has passed that she should be showing.

Gilly said she got pregnant while in Old Town, so it's been longer IIRC?

12 hours ago, Imp Beyond the Wall said:

The look between Euron and Qyburn makes me think that Cersei and Qyburn are lying to Euron.  
 

The look was Qyburn and Cersei both knowing it's a lie and because they know it's Jaimes child. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, hallam said:

I did think it was a Mary Queen of Scots type phantom pregnancy when she first mentioned it last season.

Or maybe it is one last piece of Red Witch blood magic and Cersei will give birth to a shadow baby that strangles her.

 

That wasn't Mary Queen of Scots who had the phantom pregnancy.

The Mary with the phantom pregnancy was Mary I, also known Bloody Mary, the elder sister of Elizabeth I and the wife of King Phillip II of Spain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Cersei isn't pregnant then that I could understand why Tyrion's speech at the gate didn't reach her. If there is no baby she doesn't really care about the future.

Euron is going to drown. And I hope that Yara will kill him.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dbunting said:

The look was Qyburn and Cersei both knowing it's a lie and because they know it's Jaimes child. 

Possibly, but I respectfully disagree.  That Qyburn is lying about something seems obvious, but I think it is an intentional misdirect.  We are MEANT to think we know about the lie, but the twist will be that there are lies within lies within lies.  I don't think that Cersei drinking again is an accident.  That is my opinion.  We will definitely see.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2019 at 7:06 AM, Faera said:

I don’t even believe Cersei is pregnant anymore. The whole scene with Gilly demonstrates that enough time has passed that she should be showing.

That said I agree that this is probably all building up to everyone rallying behind Jon. He loves Dany so much yet clearly hates the south... so obviously he’ll lose Dany AND be forced to be King.

And Sansa will be thrilled.

That makes a lot of sense. It's probably the writer's subtle way of saying that Cersei isn't pregnant. I know the show skews time whenever it wants, but she would either have given birth or be at least showing a lot in the amount of time that had to pass since Cersei first announced that she was pregnant. Since they made a point of showing Gilly and how she's visibly pregnant, as you said, that could be a clue that Cersei isn't pregnant at all.

Or it's just more badness from our friendly GoT writers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Ser Sinister said:

Or it's just more badness from our friendly GoT writers...

Seems the most plausible explanation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Imp Beyond the Wall said:

Possibly, but I respectfully disagree.  That Qyburn is lying about something seems obvious, but I think it is an intentional misdirect.  We are MEANT to think we know about the lie, but the twist will be that there are lies within lies within lies.  I don't think that Cersei drinking again is an accident.  That is my opinion.  We will definitely see.  

When did she stop drinking? Did we assume that she quit drinking...I may have missed it

In real life women didn't stop drinking or smoking for that matter during pregnancies until the 70's?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dbunting said:

When did she stop drinking? Did we assume that she quit drinking...I may have missed it

In real life women didn't stop drinking or smoking for that matter during pregnancies until the 70's?

I agree. Assuming anything from drinking habits is culturally and temporally myopic. Cersei drinking or not doesn't mean anything at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2019 at 10:52 AM, hallam said:

I did think it was a Mary Queen of Scots type phantom pregnancy when she first mentioned it last season.

Or maybe it is one last piece of Red Witch blood magic and Cersei will give birth to a shadow baby that strangles her.

 

Wait, does that mean Jaime has king's blood? Urine actually is a king, but it wouldn't be his baby. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2019 at 1:42 PM, the tower of albion said:

Far far to young for Menopause.

Let's not exaggerate. Lena Heady is in her mid-40s, and that's only like five years away from the age-range when menopause commonly starts. 

It would be better to just guess she's infertile for whatever reason instead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, dbunting said:

When did she stop drinking? Did we assume that she quit drinking...I may have missed it

In real life women didn't stop drinking or smoking for that matter during pregnancies until the 70's?

In the finale of season seven Tyrion notices that Cersei refuses the wine and touches her belly, and deduces "pregnant."  

I am reading into it because I think the show drew attention to it and dropped it as a deliberate hint.

In real life I don't think that fetal alcohol and similar issues really became known until late 80's or 90's, although how would people on Planetos know when we on earth learned about anything. 


I won't argue how every woman's biological clock is different, I said the menopause thing, half jokingly.

I stand by the rest of what I said, I think the twist will not be what we are being led to expect.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Imp Beyond the Wall said:

In real life I don't think that fetal alcohol and similar issues really became known until late 80's or 90's, although how would people on Planetos know when we on earth learned about anything. 


 

I was mistaken.  (1)Department of Health Management and Policy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109, USA. The diagnosis of fetal alcohol syndrome (FAS) was invented in 1973.

I never heard of it until after highschool, but it was know. 

Still no information about what they know on Planetos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Imp Beyond the Wall said:

I was mistaken.  (1)Department of Health Management and Policy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109, USA. The diagnosis of fetal alcohol syndrome (FAS) was invented in 1973.

I never heard of it until after highschool, but it was know. 

Still no information about what they know on Planetos.

Yeah, the wine thing had a very different meaning in that meeting. It had nothing to do with the baby. Tyrion deduced Cersei was pregnant from the things she was saying and from her touching her belly while talking about her family and the future.

Cersei didn't drink wine because she doesn't trust Tyrion. That simple. Tyrion poured it, so she refused to drink it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×