Game of Star Wars: The Final Hope

lady narcissa

On 5/24/2019 at 12:53 AM, Werthead said:

BREAKING RUMOUR (original source is Buzzfeed, who have mixed form, so careful). The writer of the Altered Carbon TV series, Shutter IslandAvatar and, er, Terminator: Genisys is developing a film trilogy script based directly on Knights of the Old Republic.

It is unclear if this will be the movie Benioff and Weiss are directing or the first Rian Johnson movie. It's also unclear if the movie will be adapting all of KotOR or all three games in the series (although how the hell you'd fit all of The Old Republic's storylines into a two-hour movie is unclear). I think adapting the game across three movies makes more sense, as the game is quite long (20-30 hours) but that falls a lot if you pull out the more irrelevant side-quests. It'd also be interesting to see a Star Wars trilogy which intensely takes place over a few days rather than years.

I think the first game can be split into three films. Maybe cut doen the locations (or better yet split the crew to visit different ones in searxh of the clues. End 2nd film with thr big twist. (Even tho everyone knows it)

4 hours ago, lady narcissa said:

Pardon me for linking to the Daily Fail but they have way more pictures in their "article" than anyone else and I'm linking mainly for the pictures:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7085337/Harrison-Ford-Mark-Hamill-Bill-Dee-Williams-creator-George-Lucas-open-Star-Wars-Galaxys-Edge.html

So anyone excited about this?  Planning to go visit it?  I'm somewhat surprised at myself but I have zero interest in this.  I'm comparing my reaction to this with that of the Harry Potter Wizarding World at the Universal parks which I do love and have visited multiple times and would go back to again.  I suppose when I read HP and saw the movies, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, and Diagon Places were locations I really wanted to see and experience.  I guess I've never watched SWs or read any of the books and really wanted to experience any of those places in person.[

I do think the idea of getting to make your own droid is cute.  I'd be into that if you really ended up with a working R2D2 that could actually do things for you!  But not so interested in something that I assume just makes noise and moves about if even that.

Agreed with that. Never while watching star wars have i thought “i wish i could visit this place!” whereas with HP i was waiting for my Hogwarts letter...

”worldbuilding” was never really a draw of Star Wars (which is why i just yawn and move on when people complain about the new films making space small. I dont care because the films have never cared)

Whereas I have literally taken a vacation to the precise place that they filmed Endor and it was everything I dreamed and hoped. 

Except for the mosquitos, which were hell. 

8 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Whereas I have literally taken a vacation to the precise place that they filmed Endor and it was everything I dreamed and hoped. 

Except for the mosquitos, which were hell. 

Hmm, good point and that would definitely be on my to do list if i ever make it over to the U.S. But its the beauty of the location rather than “i must visit Endor” for me

1 minute ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Hmm, good point and that would definitely be on my to do list if i ever make it over to the U.S. But its the beauty of the location rather than “i must visit Endor” for me

It was a mix of both - we wanted to take a drivable vacation, and I saw that the Northern redwoods were where they filmed Endor. 

I'd be good with visiting Tattooine and Yavin too, for that matter. If I could go to a city like Bespin I'd do so in a heartbeat. This is the very first thing that has ever made me actually desire to go to Disneyland. 

19 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Agreed with that. Never while watching star wars have i thought “i wish i could visit this place!” whereas with HP i was waiting for my Hogwarts letter...

”worldbuilding” was never really a draw of Star Wars (which is why i just yawn and move on when people complain about the new films making space small. I dont care because the films have never cared)

Which you can see in how whenever they try to give scale, they don't do very well. (If your super fast ship can only go .5 past lightspeed, than I hope you've got cryopods on that thing cause it would still take several years to get to another solar system.)

9 minutes ago, TrueMetis said:

If your super fast ship can only go .5 past lightspeed, than I hope you've got cryopods on that thing cause it would still take several years to get to another solar system.

Only if you interpret ".5 past lightspeed" as meaning 1.5c, which while superficially a reasonable interpretation, is by no means the only reasonable interpretation. Taking the full context into account (ie they demonstrably don't need cryopods), it makes more sense to interpret it as ".5 in hyperspace". What exactly it's .5 of is unspecified, and not particularly relevant to the story; all we need to know is that it's fast. This is far less problematic than the parsec thing! :P

1 hour ago, felice said:

Only if you interpret ".5 past lightspeed" as meaning 1.5c, which while superficially a reasonable interpretation, is by no means the only reasonable interpretation. Taking the full context into account (ie they demonstrably don't need cryopods), it makes more sense to interpret it as ".5 in hyperspace". What exactly it's .5 of is unspecified, and not particularly relevant to the story; all we need to know is that it's fast. This is far less problematic than the parsec thing! :P

Pft, at least the parsec thing has Obi-wan looking unimpressed, even if Alec Guinness underacts what's supposed to be a look that shows he knows Han is trying to bullshit them.

• 1 month later...

Sith Troopers!:commie:

https://www.inverse.com/article/57675-star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-spoilers-sith-troopers-explained

Not Stormtroopers, not Clone Troopers, they'd clearly not work for Kylo, this can only mean that the rightful ruler of the galaxy will indeed take over the First Order and the Sith shall return, because let's face it, Kylo isn't up to the task!.

I find them highly unimaginative. O look, red troopers, with slightly straight-edged armor. And as the article mentions, Kylo Ren said forget the past, including the Sith, so what gives? Sure, maybe this means Palps will make a return, but his best legions were destroyed by a bunch of teddy bears, so I have no hope for these guys.

I’m not that impressed by their design as such just happy that there’s is the chance of a Sith restoration, as Snoke and Darth Emo have proven to be lacklustre and ineffectual villains, I’d love to see a Kylo vs Palpatine fight for control of the First Order, it would be rather one sided but funny.

Yeah does it even matter? I thought Snokes guards look pretty cool in Last Jedi, yet they fought like they were circus performers and were completely underwhelming. Any cool new uniforms won't suddenly make something bad be good.

I reckon they've thrown the word Sith in there to get people excited.. but its not exciting, nothing in Star Wars is exciting now.

15 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Sith Troopers!:commie:

https://www.inverse.com/article/57675-star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-spoilers-sith-troopers-explained

Not Stormtroopers, not Clone Troopers, they'd clearly not work for Kylo, this can only mean that the rightful ruler of the galaxy will indeed take over the First Order and the Sith shall return, because let's face it, Kylo isn't up to the task!.

First order may well still be separate from these guys. Maybe first order and resistance (what's left of it) will have to form an uneasy alliance against a greater enemy.

At least they are easy to manufacture toys. I imagine we will end up with rainbow troopers eventually - although monochrome is much easier to paint.

7 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I’m not that impressed by their design as such just happy that there’s is the chance of a Sith restoration, as Snoke and Darth Emo have proven to be lacklustre and ineffectual villains, I’d love to see a Kylo vs Palpatine fight for control of the First Order, it would be rather one sided but funny. 

One sided would put in mildly. The only reason Kylo would last as long as those mook jedi Palpatine cuts down in ROTS would be because he physically can't move any faster. And in a manipulation or propaganda fight it would, if anything, be even shorter. I do like the idea of Palpatine just casually kutting Kylo down. Like "motherfucker I fought Mace Windu and Yoda, that hell do you think you were gonna do?"

1 hour ago, TrueMetis said:

One sided would put in mildly. The only reason Kylo would last as long as those mook jedi Palpatine cuts down in ROTS would be because he physically can't move any faster. And in a manipulation or propaganda fight it would, if anything, be even shorter. I do like the idea of Palpatine just casually kutting Kylo down. Like "motherfucker I fought Mace Windu and Yoda, that hell do you think you were gonna do?"

:D I’d love to see Kylo get casually slaughtered by Palpatine, arguably the only characters that would pose a real threat to him would be Yoda (which was a tie) and I imagine Luke would be too, even Maul and his brother got made short work of, although Kylos ridiculous lightsaber might give him pause for a second to laugh.

6 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

:D I’d love to see Kylo get casually slaughtered by Palpatine, arguably the only characters that would pose a real threat to him would be Yoda (which was a tie) and I imagine Luke would be too, even Maul and his brother got made short work of, although Kylos ridiculous lightsaber might give him pause for a second to laugh. 

There's a very clear progression in the films in terms of lightsaber skills throughout the films, which I really enjoy, but it means at the moment the people with lightsaber's don't really know wtf they are doing with them. Kylo and Rey would, quite simply, be destroyed by even the random mook jedi we see in the prequels. That one kid we see shot by the clones in from of Bail? Would run circles around them.

3 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Yeah I think you all missed by point, but please, carry on. :p

I'm curious to which point you're referring? The Kylo v older dudes? Or the Sith trooper thing?

The problem with Kylo is that we've been told a bunch, but not quite shown. Luke says that he's never felt so much raw power in someone until Ben Solo (and then later Rey). And we see Kylo do some new stuff, like stop the blaster bolt, and actively delve into someone's mind, though Palps could do that, and Vader could stop blaster bolts, too. So basically, we're told Kylo has a lot of power, but we're not really shown. Which is why the above discussion about any Old Republic Jedi being able to beat Kylo. Likely not true, but the confidence isn't high.

Archived