Game of Star Wars: The Final Hope

lady narcissa

I think, and certainly i interpreted it as such from the films though it seems others didnt, that Kylo has been shown to have massive innate power. But he is unstable, rash, volatile and lacks the focus to really harness that. He ocasionally utilises it in moments of extreme emotion but that “raw power” remains unharnessed and under utilised for the time being.

but please, carry on. :p

you don't appreciate that each installment brings with it slightly modified figurines for your purchase?

likely the most complete set of figurines will establish its possessor as the undisputed alpha at the next figurine convention, allowing same to spread genetic material at a faster rate than competitors in the same niche, ensuring the re-establishment of primogeniture among offspring of the figurine convention crowd so as to prevent the catastrophic division of the complete figurine collections aforesaid. i can tell from your reply that you've failed to consider this probable return to feudalism.

3 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

My point was that every movie has had a slightly altered troop design in order to sell toys and making a big deal about it THIS time seems like people just need something to complain about.

Honestly, they can have power rangers as Rey's personal guard as long as the next film makes the trilogy feel like there was a plan and that viii isn't just ignored/undone 

6 hours ago, red snow said:

Honestly, they can have power rangers as Rey's personal guard as long as the next film makes the trilogy feel like there was a plan and that viii isn't just ignored/undone 

That's a pretty big ask...

So that Snopes turd wanted to die.   It was part of his plan.    Look at his face perving for death when he leans into the chair and points out how unkillable he is, or whatnot.  He was goading Kylo into taking up arms, leaving a lightsaber sitting there like how cigs were given out for free to the WWII guys.     And look at how fucked up Snopes' head was all along even before he got cut in half.   I think getting cut in half isn't a big deal to this guy.  He'll bounce back from it the way he came back from the head injury when Sideous killed him in his sleep.   If he's Darth Plagous and can return from death the big cage match will be twixt him and Palpatine (who has had time to design a fate worse than death for Snopes, like putting lucifer in the cage), and Kylo will be pants down in a ditch because he's already "beaten" Snopes so it's time for him to take it on the nose.  And it wouldn't be that easy if Snopes tried to fight back.   

But we won't see that rematch.  Snopes didn't bow out just to reappear again.  Snopes let Kylo win...... because...... this way when Palpatine comes swashbuckling back onto the scene he won't find Snopes but Kylo will be standing there left holding the bag.  Kylo then shits his britches, gets some stitches, grows up emotionally from getting spanked by the true darkness, and is found by the she-jedi in a ditch with his pants pulled down and his butt cheeks a rosy red from Palpatine's handprints.   I guess Daisy ultimately works with him, because the movies clearly want these force kids to dance together at the space prom.   

(This took five minutes and is better than what we'll get.)    (If the force has made Daisy (Ray?) into its gifted Mozart, a natural savant force user to champion the mitichlorian cause, it'd be nice if they'd make that official canon with signs and prophecy and, again, whatnot.  This would explain the untrained greatness she exhibits).   (But we won't get that.)   (Maybe the Ren Knights will be cool enough to take some heat off the other characters.   And what if Keri has Medusa Hair when the helmet comes off?    Free ranging attack hair that employs the force for added volume and conditioning.)       (Any year now I'll get around to the Han Solo movie and the XXX parodies.  But not the cartoon.  I have my standards.)

It's not about you tonight.    Well, it wasn't.   Then you popped in to label me with your own faults.   My standards being higher than yours is why you pick my nits so hard, historically.  Remember?   But this time it wasn't combative.  It was an interesting contribution you brushed aside just to lay an egg of rudeness.   I was interested in where star wars is going and provided content to ponder, which is what we try to do in a chat setting like this.  So go combat something else.  Or see Aladin.  Do the things that you do to find zen.   Snap into a Slim Jim.

Disney seems nearly as happy as Goofy is about how goofy this franchise is getting, and they're still making billions, so if you can enjoy these movies then by all means go ahead.   There's more coming just like them, so you're set. No need to join the misery of the dark side of the fandom if you're happy, right?   Don't let yourself be consumed by online hate.  That way leads to the dark side.   Stay peppy!     

Though the power to bring a trilogy back from plot death is an ability you cannot learn from a jedi.   Blind they have become in the arts of accurate appraisal, and it is time for them to inform the senate their ability to detect crap writing has diminished.   

2 minutes ago, The Mother of The Others said:

Though the power to bring a trilogy back from plot death is an ability you cannot learn from a jedi.   Blind they have become in the arts of accurate appraisal, and it is time for them to inform the senate their ability to detect crap writing has diminished.   

Rogue One had a blind guy.

And he seemed to get along just fine.

On 7/17/2019 at 4:11 PM, TrueMetis said:

There's a very clear progression in the films in terms of lightsaber skills throughout the films, which I really enjoy, but it means at the moment the people with lightsaber's don't really know wtf they are doing with them. Kylo and Rey would, quite simply, be destroyed by even the random mook jedi we see in the prequels. That one kid we see shot by the clones in from of Bail? Would run circles around them.

On 7/17/2019 at 8:31 PM, Corvinus said:

I'm curious to which point you're referring? The Kylo v older dudes? Or the Sith trooper thing?

The problem with Kylo is that we've been told a bunch, but not quite shown. Luke says that he's never felt so much raw power in someone until Ben Solo (and then later Rey). And we see Kylo do some new stuff, like stop the blaster bolt, and actively delve into someone's mind, though Palps could do that, and Vader could stop blaster bolts, too. So basically, we're told Kylo has a lot of power, but we're not really shown. Which is why the above discussion about any Old Republic Jedi being able to beat Kylo. Likely not true, but the confidence isn't high.

To be honest I think TrueMetis is right here, one of the random Jedi in Attack of the Clones would be able to beat him in a lightsaber duel, yet alone one of the more powerful Jedi or any of the Sith, he just isn’t a very good fighter compared to the characters in the prequels.

On 7/18/2019 at 7:26 AM, felice said:

That's a pretty big ask...

Maybe i don't want power rangers in the next film :)

15 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Plus haven’t they already as much as said that isnt the case?

14 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Depends who you ask when from what and who you believe about how.

Yeah. I can imagine the third film will conclude jj abrams original ideas (i find it hard to believe how a writer can set up mystery parents amd villains without any idea how they might conclude - although this is JJ) moreso than Rian's. But it might be harder to do in a way that doesn't undo elements of TLJ.

But the resistance could have had time to regrow or it's destruction was over estimated. Snoke's original plan can be transferred to Palpatine. Force ghost luke could be a bit more positive. Kylo was simply lying to Rey about her parents (in the way Ben lied to luke about anakin/darth). They are all ways to change elements of TLJ without ignoring it. Although that's assuming JJ even wants to change these elements and Even if he did it wouldn't necessarily make the film "good".

Really hope the next trilogy does have an outline with plot/character arcs mapped out before making the first one. Or at least have a Feige type overlord/emperor who can tell writer/directors what they want.

3 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

To be honest I think TrueMetis is right here, one of the random Jedi in Attack of the Clones would be able to beat him in a lightsaber duel, yet alone one of the more powerful Jedi or any of the Sith, he just isn’t a very good fighter compared to the characters in the prequels.

Yeah, how theoretically powerful Kylo may be doesn't really matter. Anakin was technically more powerful than Obi-wan. Obi-wan was still the better duelist, which is why it was Anakin lying in the dirt with all his limb chopped off.

35 minutes ago, TrueMetis said:

Yeah, how theoretically powerful Kylo may be doesn't really matter. Anakin was technically more powerful than Obi-wan. Obi-wan was still the better duelist, which is why it was Anakin lying in the dirt with all his limb chopped off.

Nooo, he won because he had the high ground. 

32 minutes ago, TrueMetis said:

Exactly, it was about technique, to be fair though Obi-Wan was a pretty powerful Jedi, I know he wasn’t from the sacred Skywalker bloodline but I’d go out on a limb and say from what I’ve seen in the films he appears more powerful in the force than Kylo, or if not more powerful, more able to control his use of it.

I’ve always considered the most powerful force users in the films to be Palpatine and Yoda, closely followed by Anakin/Vader and to be fair to Luke after that astral projection in TLJ he’s right up there too.

21 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Exactly, it was about technique, to be fair though Obi-Wan was a pretty powerful Jedi, I know he wasn’t from the sacred Skywalker bloodline but I’d go out on a limb and say from what I’ve seen in the films he appears more powerful in the force than Kylo, or if not more powerful, more able to control his use of it.

I’ve always considered the most powerful force users in the films to be Palpatine and Yoda, closely followed by Anakin/Vader and to be fair to Luke after that astral projection in TLJ he’s right up there too.

And Qui-Gon. Wasn’t he the first one to rediscover how to become a force ghost in like a millennia?

Archived