DCEU: Killer Clowns from Gotham City

GallowKnight

2 hours ago, polishgenius said:

WW84 looks good to me though. First trailer was better than this but we'll see how it all works out. Cheetah could have been a visual disaster but from the glimpses so far looks fine so that's good.

I hope they're not done with post production [though they likely are] that Cheetah model looked way better in motion than... not.

re: the Black Adam film. Some JSA members will be in it [which suggests they're *dating it -50s? 60s?- prior to the Shazam sequel] Those are Dr Fate, Atom Smasher, Cyclone, and Hawkman. That's super cool.

I've been tuning in and out to DCFandome. The trailer for the Snydercut of JL didn't look that bad? Other details, it's going to be released on HBO as four one hour episodes, then they'll be putting them all together in a FOUR HOUR FILM lol   

edit: maybe they're not dating it [thinking Atom Smasher]

Not the greatest quality, but...

edit: was a link to The Batman trailer. Looks like someone [beside myself] jumped the gun and it got nuked already. Will probably be officially available in a couple hours. Definitely still going with the brutal street fight style they established for Bruce in BvS. Looks good

edit II: only 25% shot due to covid, here's the trailer

1 hour ago, JEORDHl said:

edit: was a link to The Batman trailer. Looks like someone [beside myself] jumped the gun and it got nuked already. Will probably be officially available in a couple hours. Definitely still going with the brutal street fight style they established for Bruce in BvS. Looks good

Liked everything about that except for the emo Bruce Wayne.

Loved the Nirvana cover for the background music.

59 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Liked everything about that except for the emo Bruce Wayne.

Loved the Nirvana cover for the background music.

Bruce practically invented emo lol

But yeah, good mood music for sure. Loved the animated logo graphic too.

Didn't look awful.  But it also didn't look much like it was paving new ground that hasn't already been covered by the last two Batmen...

Still trying to figure out why anyone thought this needed to be redone...again.  But then I thought Affleck was a great Batman in the mold they wanted him for...

8 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

Bruce practically invented emo lol

But yeah, good mood music for sure. Loved the animated logo graphic too.

He did... but he never looked emo.  The Batman is emo.  Bruce was the mask that looked normal to everyone else.  Seeing him walk around with a butt cut is not how I picture him.

(Although, I will accept the argument that Nolan’s young Bruce at Falconi’s trial did in fact have a butt cut.)

2 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Didn't look awful.  But it also didn't look much like it was paving new ground that hasn't already been covered by the last two Batmen...

Still trying to figure out why anyone thought this needed to be redone...again.  But then I thought Affleck was a great Batman in the mold they wanted him for...

I did too.

And yeah, I’m not sure I need Batman Begins/Batman Year One again.

1 hour ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Well, to that [and I'm winging it here] I think it has to do with how far DC/Warner are trying to distance themselves from Whedon's Justice League. I mean, they're hyping and throwing snydercut-flashbangs like they're trying to distract from the fact that at the end of the day, Justice League was their mess. 

edit: it's why I suspect Cavill will officially be shown as out once they decide and get moving on a new direction for Superman

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

He did... but he never looked emo.  The Batman is emo.  Bruce was the mask that looked normal to everyone else.  Seeing him walk around with a butt cut is not how I picture him.

(Although, I will accept the argument that Nolan’s young Bruce at Falconi’s trial did in fact have a butt cut.)

According to the director [paraphrasing] this is essentially Batman Year II. Bruce is still figuring out his impact on Gotham, which doesn't much like him. He's making mistakes, learning about his rage and how to become a hero. Selena Kyle is in it, but she's not Catwoman yet; Oswald is in it, but he's not the Penguin yet [though he doesn't like being called that] etc. 

It's a reboot. 

Looking forward to Paul Dano's Riddler. Guy is a phenomenal actor.

29 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

Well, to that [and I'm winging it here] I think it has to do with how far DC/Warner are trying to distance themselves from Whedon's Justice League. I mean, they're hyping and throwing snydercut-flashbangs like they're trying to distract from the fact that at the end of the day, Justice League was their mess. 

edit: it's why I suspect Cavill will officially be shown as out once they decide and get moving on a new direction for Superman

Be nice if they'd own it and just find better directors and writers. I mean, Marvel did that by moving away from Whedon also with the Russo Brothers, Taika, Ryan Coogler...by the time phase three and four came around, its like Whedon's two Avengers movies weren't more than a footnote. Hell, the Russos improved the first Avengers film with their add ons in Endgame...

DC, at least for the movies, with Affleck, Cavill, and Gadot pretty much had their Trinity nailed. (Mind you, I think that Tyler Hoechlin is better as Superman on the Arrowverse...but I digress.)  It's too bad the DCEU doesn't have the conviction to see something through...

42 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Be nice if they'd own it and just find better directors and writers. I mean, Marvel did that by moving away from Whedon also with the Russo Brothers, Taika, Ryan Coogler...by the time phase three and four came around, its like Whedon's two Avengers movies weren't more than a footnote. Hell, the Russos improved the first Avengers film with their add ons in Endgame...

DC, at least for the movies, with Affleck, Cavill, and Gadot pretty much had their Trinity nailed. (Mind you, I think that Tyler Hoechlin is better as Superman on the Arrowverse...but I digress.)  It's too bad the DCEU doesn't have the conviction to see something through...

Yes.  Out of the many problems in the DCEU, the actors themselves are not amongst them.

Given they are already bringing Ben Affleck back as Batman in the flash movie I doubt they will be getting rid of Cavill given that he still wants to do it.

2 hours ago, Slurktan said:

Given they are already bringing Ben Affleck back as Batman in the flash movie I doubt they will be getting rid of Cavill given that he still wants to do it.

Looks like they're bringing a lot of Batmen back though. Michel Keaton's Batman is in the Flash promo art. The main producer from all the DC tv series was in a panel alongside the head of DC film, and Jim Lee. They were talking about the multiverse stuff the tv Flash opened up and how they all dug it. 

My bet they're probably going some kind of time travel- multiverse hodge podge with the Flash movie. I'm not particularly fond of Ezra as Barry, but whatever. It'd be a cherry if they could snag Bale. If that's what they're doing. 

7 hours ago, JEORDHl said:

Looks like they're bringing a lot of Batmen back though. Michel Keaton's Batman is in the Flash promo art. The main producer from all the DC tv series was in a panel alongside the head of DC film, and Jim Lee. They were talking about the multiverse stuff the tv Flash opened up and how they all dug it. 

My bet they're probably going some kind of time travel- multiverse hodge podge with the Flash movie. I'm not particularly fond of Ezra as Barry, but whatever. It'd be a cherry if they could snag Bale. If that's what they're doing. 

Could you really confuse it and get Keaton, Kilmer, and Clooney?!!?  :lol: 

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

You know what, thinking on it some... bringing Keaton back as Bruce could be a fun way to do Batman Beyond.

I'd really enjoy that. Loved Batman Beyond, the movie. 

This trailer does nothing to get me excited for a new Batman movie, tho. Hate the suit. 

20 minutes ago, Relic said:

This trailer does nothing to get me excited for a new Batman movie, tho.

It's a Batman movie and it has Jeffrey Wright in it.  I'm in.

I like Pattinson fine and think he'll do a good job.  I don't mind the emo look either.  I do feel that Batman is supposed to be physically imposing, though.  I think the movie will be good.  The trailer looks good and dark.  I do worry, as I always worry about comic hero movies, that they include too many villains.  A smaller story about Batman going head to head with a single villain would be cool I think. 

Affleck did a good job with the role and I never want to see him play Batman again.  He was much better than Clooney or Kilmer.  Pattinson...we'll see.

This new Batman movie has Jeffrey Wright in it.

On 8/20/2020 at 11:39 AM, red snow said:

It sounds like the plan is to have a solo black adam film

Sounds good.  I love Black Adam and am fixated on him enough that all my avatars online...save one...are Black Adam avatars.  I think.  Incidentally, years ago there was a Black Adam limited series that featured a panel where Black Adam is driving a car wearing a Seattle Mariners hat.  I sometimes drive a car wearing a Seattle Mariners hat. 

I do wonder about the movie.  The Rock looks almost perfect but Black Adam is a pretty dark guy.  I wonder if they will hope to go the Drax route and hope to pull it off.  I'm cautiously optimistic about it.

34 minutes ago, Inkdaub said:

Sounds good.  I love Black Adam and am fixated on him enough that all my avatars online...save one...are Black Adam avatars.  I think.  Incidentally, years ago there was a Black Adam limited series that featured a panel where Black Adam is driving a car wearing a Seattle Mariners hat.  I sometimes drive a car wearing a Seattle Mariners hat. 

I do wonder about the movie.  The Rock looks almost perfect but Black Adam is a pretty dark guy.  I wonder if they will hope to go the Drax route and hope to pull it off.  I'm cautiously optimistic about it.

The inclusion of JSA members and Atom Smasher in particular makes me think the villain-to-redemption-to-villain-again arc is what they're going for.

Archived