DCEU: Killer Clowns from Gotham City

GallowKnight

7 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

DC tried that briefly, flamed out like the desperate fools they were, and now make singles. What is confusing about this cannon?

Let’s not let them off the hook that easily, this cinematic universe is still limping along and not being put out of its misery. The Flash is still in the DCCU, so’s Wonder Woman 84, basically any sequels starring JL members. Anything that made money from the universe is carrying on in that universe. I’m just reading as well that some of the cast of Suicide Squad are returning to The Suicide Squad? So no idea what that is.

I don’t particularly care, I just like to pop by every now and then and laugh at DC managing to take a roster of the best known superheroes and utterly squander their hand.

Maybe The Flash movie will do exactly what Infinite Crisis’s always do and smooth it all out. “Wow, a whole new universe! Hey look there’s ... *checks ticket sales* ... Wonder Woman!”

10 hours ago, RumHam said:

I was under the impression that the Keaton/Kilmer/Clooney batman movies were all connected, but I might be wrong. I haven't seen them in decades.

They are.  There’s a line in Batman Forever talking about how Alfred let Vicki Vale in the Batcave.

• 1 month later...
On 6/25/2020 at 8:42 AM, DaveSumm said:

Let’s not let them off the hook that easily, this cinematic universe is still limping along and not being put out of its misery. The Flash is still in the DCCU, so’s Wonder Woman 84, basically any sequels starring JL members. Anything that made money from the universe is carrying on in that universe. I’m just reading as well that some of the cast of Suicide Squad are returning to The Suicide Squad? So no idea what that is.

I don’t particularly care, I just like to pop by every now and then and laugh at DC managing to take a roster of the best known superheroes and utterly squander their hand.

Maybe The Flash movie will do exactly what Infinite Crisis’s always do and smooth it all out. “Wow, a whole new universe! Hey look there’s ... *checks ticket sales* ... Wonder Woman!”

Are the continuing JL films set in same continuity though? Aquaman and shazam may as well be separate entities and wonderwoman is set before JL so besides the actors I dont think theyll be leaning into shared continuity. Although i agree flashpoint will be a good time to try again.

I strongly suspect the suicide squad appearances will be fleeting and about as long as Batman's appearance. Most will die in opening scene and some eg will smith will have served his sentence and left. Explains why there's a new roster. I don't think anyone will miss katana, killer croc etc i can't even remember if they survived the first film

I watched a DC Fandome trailer and the Rock was on there, so imagine he's got the Black Adam role for the Shazam sequel, but who knows. Some questions will be answered this weekend, I suppose.

2 hours ago, JEORDHl said:

I watched a DC Fandome trailer and the Rock was on there, so imagine he's got the Black Adam role for the Shazam sequel, but who knows. Some questions will be answered this weekend, I suppose.

I thought he was getting his own movie not as a villain in Shazam. I guess he could be in both though

4 hours ago, RumHam said:

I don't really remember Suicide Squad well either, but wasn't he like a multiple murderer? 

I think it's a self defense mechanism not to remember too much about the film. I thought the deal was they had time taken off their sentence for each mission - so irrespective of the number of murders they had pinned on him he could theoretically be released with enough missions completed.

1 hour ago, red snow said:

I thought he was getting his own movie not as a villain in Shazam. I guess he could be in both though

Oh, I was just speculating. No idea he had something else on the go there.

6 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

Oh, I was just speculating. No idea he had something else on the go there.

supposed to be out in 2021 but probably delayed now.

It sounds like the plan is to have a solo black adam film a shazam solo sequel and then possibly have them both in a film together - either Shazam 3 or some other film. It'd be interesting to do a film where the viewer can view either character as the hero/villain

25 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

They did a character reveal for SS

Yes indeedy with 18 members! (17 I think actually plus Waller but still).

Also a preview featurette thing

Looks mental

Confirms King Shark, he's a motherfucking shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark

Well that’s a big surprise about Suicide Squad! Even with Gunn involved I had little hope it could be anything other than terrible, but I’m so far loving what I’m seeing! It’s so out there.. even having far too many characters i think is great!

Wonder Woman looks a lot more yawn this time round though. I thought they’d go all in with the 80s vibe but i looks entirely bland.

I'm not that interested in the Snyder Cut but the panel about it with Snyder spending all the time on the fans who pushed the opportunity through is really very sweet.

It's also kinda funny how much everyone's shitting on DC and Whedon without saying it outright.

28 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Wonder Woman looks a lot more yawn this time round though. I thought they’d go all in with the 80s vibe but i looks entirely bland.

That's insane. Wonder Woman is currently the only redeeming thing in the DCEU.  That second trailer was great.  

They seem to be forging ahead with this Flash movie and are going to use the multiverse to make it work. Sounds like they're also not going to gloss over the fact that Miller's Flash cameoed on the Flash television show during Crisis and that's how movie Flash will now call himself Flash...

3 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

That's insane. Wonder Woman is currently the only redeeming thing in the DCEU.  That second trailer was great.  

I expected that this second movie was going to be much more interesting stylistically given the promotional material that originally came out. But outside of a couple of funny pairs of glasses it just looks like another bland forgettable superhero romp. And just because Wonder Woman first outing  was better than the rest of the turnips that DC produced doesn’t mean it was a great movie. It wasn’t. It hinted at being good but under delivered.

4 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

I expected that this second movie was going to be much more interesting stylistically given the promotional material that originally came out. But outside of a couple of funny pairs of glasses it just looks like another bland forgettable superhero romp. And just because Wonder Woman first outing  was better than the rest of the turnips that DC produced doesn’t mean it was a great movie. It wasn’t. It hinted at being good but under delivered.

Well then we'll have to just agree that you're incorrect and move on.  The first Wonder Woman is a fantastic super hero outing.  If you chose to believe otherwise, well, that's on you.

2 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Well then we'll have to just agree that you're incorrect and move on.  The first Wonder Woman is a fantastic super hero outing.  If you chose to believe otherwise, well, that's on you.

I guess we will. I has it’s moments I will concede but it’s final third is absolutely dire.

I'm not entirely with HoI but Wonder Woman is a decent movie with one magnificent scene in it, and a terrible ending. It was what was needed at the time both in the DCEU sense and in the cultural zeitgeist of getting a woman-led superhero movie over the line, but while it's not aged awfully it's not aged into a classic for me either. Shazam and Birds of Prey were better all-round movies for me though neither one hit the highest high that WW did and neither are that far clear that I'd be confused why someone would pick it over either.

WW84 looks good to me though. First trailer was better than this but we'll see how it all works out. Cheetah could have been a visual disaster but from the glimpses so far looks fine so that's good.

Archived