Small unworthy things - as you were

BigFatCoward

We've lived with a mature sycamore in the garden for eight years. This spring, whether due to climactic conditions or randomness, the aphids are particularly numerous. The garden is, therefore, carpeted with honeydew. Bits of tree flower stick to shoes, clothes, hair, kids' bikes... You could make decent glue from this stuff.

The war against the raccoons continues. 

I thought that by buying trash cans that latched shut, I could put a stop to their nighttime forays. 

But it seems they are learning.

The little bastards somehow knocked a whole through the top of one of the cans. 

Raccoons are not great neighbors, they can really foul up a garage, shed, cellar, etc.

My dad lent me one of these for a past encounter I was having with the pests and it worked perfectly, end of problem pretty quickly.

14 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

PSA for today: don't search for people on social media if you are not prepared to deal with accidentally sending them a friend request.

:leaving:

As long as it wasn’t an ex.

Because that might prove awkward

7 hours ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

As long as it wasn’t an ex.

Because that might prove awkward

That would have been less awkward, actually.

:dunno: 

6 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

It's liking the months old photo that is always the soul crusher

They wouldn't see that if you unliked it at once, would they?

I found out last week that the US has two definitions for how long one foot actually is. If there was ever an argument for the metric system in the US, this has to be it.

I heard the dude next door and his wife/gf arguing this morning. A little but later, I heard some thumping sound and the woman went "owww, why did you do that?" They guy made some aggressive sounding reply, which I couldn't distinguish. Now that everyone's windows are open, I can hear him yelling at someone or about something every day (and he does yell almost everyday). This wasn't that loud though, and if I hadn't happened to be near the window at the time I wouldn't have heard it. Last summer I heard her howl in pain after some loud sound, and then the guy angrily yelled. I'm afraid he is hurting her in there.

Anyway, I called the police on this current incident (and the other one, for that matter) and they went over to the neighbors. A police woman called me afterwards and basically asked me what I saw and heard. I believe she said the neighbors didn't want police intervention, but the police are making documentation of the house to investigate what's going on.

Haven't heard a peep from their apartment since the police were over.

So I banged my elbow yesterday really hard on the funny bone, that sort of pain where you feel nautious. That is the last thing I remember before coming round with my wife standing over me screaming. Apparently it induced a fit for 30 seconds or so. Another shitty thing in a shitty fortnight.  I fell forward and banged my head on the counter top, massive bruise then fell backwards and banged my head on the tiled floor, big lump. 

6 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

So I banged my elbow yesterday really hard on the funny bone, that sort of pain where you feel nautious. That is the last thing I remember before coming round with my wife standing over me screaming. Apparently it induced a fit for 30 seconds or so. Another shitty thing in a shitty fortnight.  I fell forward and banged my head on the counter top, massive bruise then fell backwards and banged my head on the tiled floor, big lump. 

I have done the same. Needed stitches in the back of my head. Any extreme pain sets me off but the first time was the funny bone being hit. 

1 minute ago, maarsen said:

I have done the same. Needed stitches in the back of my head. Any extreme pain sets me off but the first time was the funny bone being hit. 

Do I need to see a doctor, or just stop banging my funny bone? 

2 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Do I need to see a doctor, or just stop banging my fonny bone? 

I went through a whole medical check. I had to wear a heart monitor for a few days to see if it was heart related. Nothing was found. My father had the same problem. Stress or extreme stress is what causes it. In the show The Sopranos, Tony Soprano had the same affliction. Al I can say is when the feeling comes try and lie down as fast as you can. It is the shit if you fall from standing. Pm me if you have more questions. Take care. 

6 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Do I need to see a doctor, or just stop banging my funny bone? 

I would get a check just to be on the safe side. It is hopefully nothing serious but best to err on the side of caution, particularly if you've hit your head too

Archived