US Politics: Time to Stock Up

Tywin Manderly

Take it back! Say you lied!

yeah, in one of his books he goes on about how he loves capitalism even though it "creates losers."  he's accordingly a retrograde greaser.

Hotpockets and mountain dew

goodness. no wonder they're so surly.  needs a public health intervention.

2 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

If the market goes up tomorrow I am selling, baby.

Don’t think it will.  Futures suggest market was unimpressed.  I think if more states follow Illinois and Ohio you are actually likely to get more of a bounce.  

1 minute ago, Kalbear said:

So for the economic folks - @Mlle. Zabzie and @Fragile Bird - when should i consider refinancing? Are things going to go any lower than they are now, or can I start the conversation?

Dear lord, I said it a few days ago, and now you can’t get lower than zero. I heard the mortgage providers have been utterly swamped with applications, so maybe go in and start the ball rolling?

My mortgage guy said he has more applications for refinancing this month than all of last year. Next month is looking just as bad (good?) for him. I close on Tuesday and won’t be able to refi until October. Hopefully rates stay low....

That was a pretty powerful answer from Bernie.

Although Bernie needs to respond that we are uniquely unprepared for the coronavirus because we have to make those specific changes that affect people piecemeal.

The only thing I'm hearing from Biden is that we're going to fix the crisis, and then we will fix the other stuff later. 

That's what we ALWAYS get told. Once the crisis is over, there's no will left to fix the underlying structural issues that exacerbated the crisis in the first place. Biden has to at the very least pay lip service to the fact that the people he's talking about are still going to be in the same situation after the crisis as they were before. The best-case scenario for them is that enough stimulus is put forward that they don't end up any worse off than they are now (experience with the 2008 crisis is enough to know that any stimulus package that's passed will give the lion's share of the benefits to corporations). Biden needs to provide a vision for how this crisis will allow us to make real changes, and not just putting a Band-Aid on a gaping wound.

Bernie (and the moderators) just keeps letting Biden get away with saying absolutely nothing. I'm not sure Bernie has the killer instinct to overcome Biden's pointless prattling. Biden is so unbelievably attackable right now, and Bernie just keeps letting every softball go by.

Archived