NFL 2020 Offseason: Are we even doing this any more?

DanteGabriel

He's a great player but WOW is that a lot for a safety. He wanted to come to Dallas but I'm glad they didn't bite. Jerry has screwed enough up with how he's handled Dak's contract.

Wow... there was speculation that SF was interested, but I’m glad they didn’t go to match that.  Does Seattle really think they are a safety away from truly competing for a championship?

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Getting a second straight up for him would have been a good deal. That package is shocking. But of course the Jets will fuck those pick up.

The value the Jets will get from all those picks will be roughly equal to what the Patriots get from a second round pick, so it all works.

5 minutes ago, Fez said:

The value the Jets will get from all those picks will be roughly equal to what the Patriots get from a second round pick, so it all works.

I'm projecting a first round RB, a third round nose tackle, and a first round slot WR with those picks.

I'm on your clock of horrors, Jace.

8 hours ago, Rhom said:

Wow... there was speculation that SF was interested, but I’m glad they didn’t go to match that.  Does Seattle really think they are a safety away from truly competing for a championship?

They might be, though.

QB: check

RBs: check

Wrs: check

TE: who cares

O-line: aight

This move puts a freakish combo of Kam Chancellor and Bob Sanders behind Bobby Wagner to erase the middle of the field. You do not throw over the middle against Seattle anymore. Lets the corners play interior techniques in their cover 3, pushing every route towards the sideline. Helps out the defensive line.

Also, those draft picks will be used on college prospects who haven't played in years.

4 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

They might be, though.

QB: check

RBs: check

Wrs: check

TE: who cares

O-line: aight

This move puts a freakish combo of Kam Chancellor and Bob Sanders behind Bobby Wagner to erase the middle of the field. You do not throw over the middle against Seattle anymore. Lets the corners play interior techniques in their cover 3, pushing every route towards the sideline. Helps out the defensive line.

Also, those draft picks will be used on college prospects who haven't played in years.

“Aight” is pretty generous. They were one of the worst OL’s in the league last season. 

13 hours ago, Rhom said:

Does Seattle really think they are a safety away from truly competing for a championship?

Probably not but it helps.  They were fairly competitive already.  Russell's son's name is Win.

That is a crazy draft haul for the honor of overpaying Adams in a couple of years.

Seems crazy that the Seahawks are always willing to send first and second rounders for veteran players, but never for o linemen.  Trent Williams was available and they couldn't get a deal done, but for a safety, it's two first rounders plus change.

Imo the Seahawks got swindled.

6 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Bob Sanders

We really do need to talk about how arguably the greatest QB ever had to be dragged to two Owls because one dude said, "Fuck it, YOLO" and went on one of the craziest defensive tears ever and then he played with one of the greatest overall defensive units ever. 

10 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

We really do need to talk about how arguably the greatest QB ever had to be dragged to two Owls because one dude said, "Fuck it, YOLO" and went on one of the craziest defensive tears ever and then he played with one of the greatest overall defensive units ever. 

I think very highly of Rodney Harrison, but your timeline is confused. He went to NE because they'd already won a SB.

15 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I think very highly of Rodney Harrison, but your timeline is confused. He went to NE because they'd already won a SB.

A Colts fan shitty on Bob Sanders? You clearly have gone full evil my love. 

12 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

A Colts fan shitty on Bob Sanders? You clearly have gone full evil my love. 

I watched him sign a record deal for a safety after Billy Volek upset the Colts at home in the Divisional. He played 8 games over the next 2 seasons before in the first quarter of week 1 at Houston he launched himself at speed towards a well settled pile of bodies around a ball carrier. Predictably he careened away and tore a pectoral muscle. Again. 

That's how I remember Bob Sanders. 18 great games does not a great player make.

10 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I watched him sign a record deal for a safety after Billy Volek upset the Colts at home in the Divisional. He played 8 games over the next 2 seasons before in the first quarter of week 1 at Houston he launched himself at speed towards a well settled pile of bodies around a ball carrier. Predictably he careened away and tore a pectoral muscle. Again. 

That's how I remember Bob Sanders. 18 great games does not a great player make.

Your Ponies, Queen, don't win a title without Bobby going full Boucher. 

31 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Your Ponies, Queen, don't win a title without Bobby going full Boucher. 

And this gives him power over me? He did nothing to get the Colts into that 3 seed. His Superbowl ring has much the same asterisk as Phill Simms' second.

11 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

And this gives him power over me? He did nothing to get the Colts into that 3 seed. His Superbowl ring has much the same asterisk as Phill Simms' second.

You can be a hateful little monster,

from time to time.

4 hours ago, Maithanet said:

That is a crazy draft haul for the honor of overpaying Adams in a couple of years.

Seems crazy that the Seahawks are always willing to send first and second rounders for veteran players, but never for o linemen.  Trent Williams was available and they couldn't get a deal done, but for a safety, it's two first rounders plus change.

Imo the Seahawks got swindled.

To be fair, the Seahawks probably would have just used those firsts on some dude with a third round grade anyway like they do every year.

Archived