NFL 2020 Offseason: Are we even doing this any more?

DanteGabriel

On 7/13/2020 at 3:35 PM, Tywin et al. said:

They can't keep the logo.

I heard they are keeping the name and changing the logo

(can't figure out how to paste in the picture I was trying to paste in - it's a bunch of redskin potatoes)

20 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

If he was incompetent do you think he'd be an ambassador?

Trick question!  Regardless of the recent news, almost all ambassadors are incompetent.

8 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Of course the incompetent owner of the Jets is racist and sexist.

If I had to make a wager, it'd be that most if not all of the owners in the NFL are racist and sexist.  This one was just dumb enough to get caught.

29 minutes ago, briantw said:

If I had to make a wager, it'd be that most if not all of the owners in the NFL are racist and sexist.  This one was just dumb enough to get caught.

I mean, it's not like one of the most respected owners protected his kicker from having the cops called on him all the time for allegedly beating his wife or some shit. Wait.....

22 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I mean, it's not like one of the most respected owners protected his kicker from having the cops called on him all the time for allegedly beating his wife or some shit. Wait.....

Well, he also stood by while Kevin Spacey killed his niece on a subway terminal.

12 minutes ago, DMC said:

Well, he also stood by while Kevin Spacey killed his niece on a subway terminal.

That's what she gets for not having a dragon tattoo. 

18 hours ago, DMC said:

Meh that's been going on long before Trump.  Ambassadorships are generally patronage positions, albeit usually not the important ones like to the UK.

I thought the ones to allies were the worst for patronage jobs (besides the ones that are vacation destinations). The only ones that weren't were either to rivals or to countries where no campaign donor wants to live so a career foreign service person is the ambassador.

Anyway, back on track, it did not surprise at all when it turned out that Woody Johnson was a Trump donor. I had hoped that if he was busy socializing in London his stench of incompetence would be further from the Jets and maybe some good could happen; but clearly the rot is too deep in the institutional culture. And

1 minute ago, Fez said:

I thought the ones to allies were the worst for patronage jobs (besides the ones that are vacation destinations). The only ones that weren't were either to rivals or to countries where no campaign donor wants to live so a career foreign service person is the ambassador.

Anyway, back on track, it did not surprise at all when it turned out that Woody Johnson was a Trump donor. I had hoped that if he was busy socializing in London his stench of incompetence would be further from the Jets and maybe some good could happen; but clearly the rot is too deep in the institutional culture. And

This post is beautiful performance art. Reflecting the nature of an Adam Gase offense it definitely had a beginning, and what looks like a recognizable middle. But somewhere by the end something has gone horribly wrong.

Magnificent.

Damn I gotta give T.O. props here for running a 4.42 40 yd at 46 years of age.

Tyreek beats him but he beats 99.9 % of everybody and did I mention T.O. is 46 years old? Good stuff, was never a big T.O. fan but this impresses.

Holy Shit... if you ever watched the Project 11 documentary on ESPN about his injury, this news will blow your mind.

I knew he said he was still working towards a comeback, but I just sort of thought that had something to do with injury clauses and getting paid by his contract. :dunno: 

Just now, Nictarion said:

That shit was beyond disgusting. :ack:

He’s nuts for wanting to come back after that. 

The lack of organisational ethics is far more disturbing than Smith's desire for a comeback, but that said there's no way anyone who cares about him would agree with his decision. Retire and enjoy your life man. You already won the real game. 

Archived