Football: Ending the Season with a Title Hattrick

A Horse Named Stranger

4 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Liverpool should do everything to sign Thiago. He does have a dodgy injury record but a world class CM still in his prime for €30m is too good to pass up. All reports indicate that Thiago wants to join the club as well.

No idea whether it will happen or not, but hopefully we'll find out more in the next few days.

If we were to sell Wijnaldum to Barcelona and buy Thiago, I'd be a happy happy bunny, believe it or not.

1 minute ago, Soylent Brown said:

No idea whether it will happen or not, but hopefully we'll find out more in the next few days.

If we were to sell Wijnaldum to Barcelona and buy Thiago, I'd be a happy happy bunny, believe it or not.

I think you lot should buy him even if Wijnaldum stays. Everyone at Bayern love Thiago and would renew his contract in a heartbeat but he has said that he wants a new challenge so I'm doubtful that he will hang around another year for Liverpool to get him on a free. 

Flick has done a great job. He took over with the club in a bit of a crisis and his appointment wasn't exactly met with much enthusiasm either. 

Bayern's high line got them into some trouble a number of times tonight and PSG probably should have scored a goal or two. Bayern could have had more goals as well and overall were the better side and deserved the win. 

Fuck PSG. 

14 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

It would be quite nice to see some transfer news from United wouldn't it. Do we think Woodward knows the league starts in three weeks?

Woodward is going to fuck over Solskjaer. He fucked him over last season too when we didn't replace Fellaini or Herrera or Lukaku and went into the season with only four midfielders in the squad. That's probably a big reason why Solskjaer was appointed in the first place - Woodward knows he isn't going to make a big fuss over lack of transfers. Marotta at Inter is what backing a manager in revamping a squad actually looks like and Conte still has the nerve to complain about it. If Conte ever has to work with Woodward and his cronies, he'd lose his hair all over again. 

Reports that Chelsea are close to completing a deal for Havertz for €100m (€80m initial payment + €20m in add-ons). There's been rumours that Chelsea are considering signing Thiago Silva as well.

Seems that we're a Romano here we go short of confirming Havertz and Chillwell. Pumped as hell for the former, cautiously optimistic for the latter. Havertz's positional diversity will give us some options with the formation. Most likely a right-sided midfielder opposite Mount, with Kante playing the six (hopefully healthy). That gives us Kovacic, RLC, Barkley, Jorginho and Gilmour off the bench. Pretty good depth. Rumored 50M for Chillwell which is much more in line than the absurd 80M that was floating around. Gotta figure that's right with Walker, Mendy and AWB in recent years. This has been a whirlwind the past couple weeks you almost forget about Werner and Ziyech. Skill-wise I think we can compete with City and Liverpool this coming season, I just worry about the consistency. Those clubs don't drop points to West Ham and other bottom table teams like we did last year. Winning the league at mid 90's plus points leaves little room for error. We won the league in '17 with 93 points and that wouldn't have won the league the past 3 years. I can see us competing for a while but the defense is still shaky, which will ultimately lead to us dropping points at times that the aforementioned teams won't drop. Exciting nonetheless.

3 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Attack-wise maybe, defense-wise noooo. Also not convinced Lampard has the tactical nuance you'd need.

Should be exciting though.

No doubt. We've seen enough of Rudiger to confirm he's not a defensive stalwart. A nice deputy? Sure, but that's about the ceiling of it. Zouma shaky at times, too. Hopefully Thiago can add some balance and calm back there for the year. Romano reporting Tomori possibly going to ligue 1 on loan for the year. Don't know much about the big Dutchman we signed, but naturally he's the next VVD cause he's tall and Dutch lol...

Archived