Let's hear it for THE BOYS [Onwards to Season 3]

Veltigar

• 2 weeks later...

The fuck was that chocolate shit dosa? Stick to your pancakes folks. Enough brown obsession, parodying token inclusiveness and diversity by doing the same? I get it with the corporate-capitalist culture satire by a corporate, but this stereotyping is ugh.

And Asian dad wants his boy to remain a boy. Ya'll white folks get to educate such huh? Duh. Patronizing condescendingly sells to the guilty bigot I guess.

I held off watching this show, I like The Boys, flawed as it is, but I didn't think I could stomach the same thing.. but for teens! (Teenagers are the worst)

Actually this was in fact surprisingly good. There was a level of moral complexity I wasn't expecting, I liked all the characters, and it was maybe even more violent and blood soaked than the main show. 

Having said that the show hit a few moments of rock bottom stupidity towards the end. Having the doctor just walk into the office, and offload the entire plot, loudly, to himself, was just a little TOO convenient and really stunk of desperate writing. I did tend to forgive the show afterwards but it was touch and go.

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Are the photos of Erin Moriarty post surgery that are circulating for real?

I hope they don't need to do any re shoots.. 

They are from her Instagram. If she is happy, she is happy, but I keep thinking that some of the procedures going on now are being used by people who've lost some perspective or have fallen in for a fad. Lip fillers have their place, but there's an exaggerated proportion that seems hard to understand that seems to be popular in some circles. Buccal fat removal in particular has its place, but I can't understand why someone with an already quite lean, almost elfin face would go for it.

I'm sure she was addressing some fault she perceived in herself, and again, hopefully she's happy with it, which is to some degree all that matters. But it is the fad part of it that makes me worry that those going for it are also perpetuating its spread to other young women who don't actually need it.

Edited by Ran

11 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Are the photos of Erin Moriarty post surgery that are circulating for real?

I hope they don't need to do any re shoots.. 

the photos I saw of her seem to mostly be just A LOT of makeup. I don’t doubt she’s had something done but it’s probably not as extreme as the photos make out.

11 hours ago, Ran said:

They are from her Instagram. If she is happy, she is happy, but I keep thinking that some of the procedures going on now are being used by people who've lost some perspective or have fallen in for a fad. Lip fillers have their place, but there's an exaggerated proportion that seems hard to understand that seems to be popular in some circles. Buccal fat removal in particular has its place, but I can't understand why someone with an already quite lean, almost elfin face would go for it.

It is a product of social media and a look that seems to work in a photo on your phone, but take that look into reality and it looks bizarre. As if you are trying to attach a filter to real life. 

The way social media has affected the physical appearance of humans in a short period of time is fascinating.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...