US Politics: finally we can get back to blaming each other

Kalbear

3 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

I do hope Pumpkin gets the internship with Spanberger!!!

If it's unpaid and he's qualified he stands a good chance of getting it. I still think it's odd that it was harder to get an internship with a state Senator than a U.S. Senator, but the former did come with a small paycheck I guess. 

3 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

I'm seeing it repeated in the MAGAt Twittersphere that RCP has taken back their call of PA for Biden? Is this just sad posturing?

According to this they haven't called Texas or Florida yet either, so...

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/2020_elections_electoral_college_map.html

6 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Easy if you're a white celeb. Guessing none of her family's children were put in cages either.

4 minutes ago, Sci-2 said:

Easy if you're a white celeb. Guessing none of her family's children were put in cages either.

Maybe I'll be charitable and believe that many Trump voters (including the African American and Latinos) believe all the worst stuff reported about Trump is fake news. One of Trump's successful strategies is to create a great deal of doubt about the veracity of the negative press he received.

Chomsky says Biden is already a war criminal (by association with Obama), so I guess this was an election between a war criminal and someone who authorised crimes against humanity. False equivalence? Maybe. Either way, neither is ever going to be held to account, sadly.

Yeah I know, polls.

Poll: 70 percent of Republicans don’t think the election was free and fair
The POLITICO/Morning Consult survey found trust in the election system plummeted among Republicans while rising among Democrats after the race was called on Saturday.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/09/republicans-free-fair-elections-435488

After the presidential race was called for Democratic candidate Joe Biden, Republicans’ trust in the election system plummeted, while Democrats’ trust soared, according to a new POLITICO/Morning Consult poll.

Multiple new organizations announced Biden as the election winner on Saturday after four days of counting in several swing states. Following the news, 70 percent of Republicans now say they don’t believe the 2020 election was free and fair, a stark rise from the 35 percent of GOP voters who held similar beliefs before the election. Meanwhile, trust in the election system grew for Democrats, many who took to the streets to celebrate Biden’s victory on Saturday. Ninety percent of Democrats now say the election was free and fair, up from 52 percent before Nov. 3 who thought it would be.

Among Republicans who believed that the election wasn’t free and fair, 78 percent believed that mail-in voting led to widespread voter fraud and 72 percent believed that ballots were tampered with — both claims that have made a constant appearance on the president’s Twitter thread. Like President Donald Trump, a majority of the people that thought the election was unfair, 84 percent, said it benefited Biden.

The lack of trust in the election system has led to Republicans being more skeptical about the election results. Although only 18 percent of Republicans had said the results would be unreliable prior to Election Day, now 64 percent feel the same way following Biden’s victory. By contrast, 86 percent of Democrats say they trust the results.

Republicans were particularly wary of the results coming out of swing states, especially in Pennsylvania, which counted votes for four days before delivering Biden a decisive win on Saturday. Sixty-two percent of Republicans said the Pennsylvania results would be unreliable, a stark contrast to the 8 percent of Democrats who held the same beliefs.

Distrust is similarly high in Wisconsin (55 percent), Nevada (54 percent), Georgia (54 percent) and Arizona (52 percent). The skepticism has particularly been fueled by the Trump campaign, which has filed more than half a dozen lawsuits in states like Pennsylvania, Nevada, Michigan and Georgia since Election Day

9 minutes ago, ThinkerX said:

Okay...now the far right fruitcakes on my Facebook are insisting (loudly) that Biden has 'lost' Pennsylvania.  I suspect this is a badly mangled interpretation of recent court order, but am far from certain.

I see nothing new on the usual looney websites like OANN, so let's hope you're right.

I did see that they are trying to credit the Trump administration for the Pfizer vaccine though.

I think this is accurate, 

pretty much everything going on right now is Republicans trying to keep their base in fighting spirit for the Georgia run-offs. And they don't give a damn how much damage they may be doing to the country in the mean time.

7 minutes ago, Fez said:

I think this is accurate, 

pretty much everything going on right now is Republicans trying to keep their base in fighting spirit for the Georgia run-offs. And they don't give a damn how much damage they may be doing to the country in the mean time.

I'm shocked! Shocked!!! Well not that shocked that one of the most cynical politicians in American History (and by that I mean all of the Americas) is willing to burn it all down to cling onto power. 

3 minutes ago, GrimTuesday said:

This man should be primaried with prejudice, thrown out of the party, and preferable fired out a trebuchet.

And what? Lose the seat? He sucks and no one outside of his state likes him, but his dumpster fire ass is still better than having an even greater level of West Virginia insanity in the Senate.

5 minutes ago, GrimTuesday said:

This man should be primaried with prejudice, thrown out of the party, and preferable fired out a trebuchet.

I'll start caring when we have a majority in the Senate. Otherwise this is wasted hot air. Also, this is like exhibit 20 on why Joe Manchin sucks.

2 minutes ago, kairparavel said:

It's never really been an issue before, I guess, but people might want to consider limiting the kinds of actions that can be taken during the 'lame duck period' by the outgoing administration. Maybe? 

But then how do we grab the guns? :P

5 minutes ago, Week said:

I'll start caring when we have a majority in the Senate. Otherwise this is wasted hot air. Also, this is like exhibit 20 on why Joe Manchin sucks.

As sucky as it is, he's the only Democrat capable of winning West Virginia these days.

Archived