US Politics: Autogolpe big or golpe home

Kalbear

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/live-blog/liveblog-trump-supporters-attempt-to-storm-capitol-grounds?entry=1352850

One GOP Rep Does About-face On Challenging Biden Win

At least one Republican member of Congress has done an about-face on opposing Joe Biden’s electoral votes, after the fake controversy resulted in an angry mob storming the Capitol in a bid to follow through on the effort to overturn the election results.

Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA) said that she will vote to support the results of the election.

“What we have seen today is unlawful and unacceptable,” Rodgers told the Spokane Spokesman-Review in a statement. “I have decided I will vote to uphold the Electoral College results and I encourage Donald Trump to condemn and put an end to this madness.”

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

There's only one way to respond to this: Holy shit! Guilt cannot be denied.

I’m at home in paternal leave because we just had a baby last week. We also bought a new house recently so I was painting all day and had foxnews on in the background and listened to Trumps speech. Shortly after his speech all this chaos went down, it was absolutely a direct consequence. I know crazy fucks online are saying it was antifa (lol) but if it was they followed the president’s instructions.

15 minutes ago, S John said:

It has been self evident that much of Trumps constituency will never leave him. Curious about if this will finally break the spell for some of the less insane who have voted for him.

Doubtful. I said years ago the only thing that would break it is a clear calamity that's entirely his fault. Well, the response to the pandemic is a calamity and it's basically his fault. Nothing changed. If anything he got more support.

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

There's only one way to respond to this: Holy shit! Guilt cannot be denied.

Which is why Biden's speech said what it said.

Biden, whatever one may think of him, is a wily fellow.

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Doubtful. I said years ago the only thing that would break it is a clear calamity that's entirely his fault. Well, the response to the pandemic is a calamity and it's basically his fault. Nothing changed. If anything he got more support.

Humans really have an insane inability to admit when they were wrong.

2 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/live-blog/liveblog-trump-supporters-attempt-to-storm-capitol-grounds?entry=1352850

One GOP Rep Does About-face On Challenging Biden Win

At least one Republican member of Congress has done an about-face on opposing Joe Biden’s electoral votes, after the fake controversy resulted in an angry mob storming the Capitol in a bid to follow through on the effort to overturn the election results.

Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA) said that she will vote to support the results of the election.

“What we have seen today is unlawful and unacceptable,” Rodgers told the Spokane Spokesman-Review in a statement. “I have decided I will vote to uphold the Electoral College results and I encourage Donald Trump to condemn and put an end to this madness.”

S got too real for her I guess. What a moron, it's a little late now that a woman is shot and dead.

14 minutes ago, Ran said:

Also; Twitter just announced that Trump's account has been locked down for 12 hours, and will remain locked if he refuses to remove the tweets they've removed from public view.

Guessing that the "lid" the WH announced coincided with him exploding wildly over that bit of news... Wonder if his Parler account will go wildly active now? Or FB page? Or will he force the use of the POTUS account?

Are you talking about the President or an eight year old?

2 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Wait, if Tump refused to call up the DC National Guard, and Pence called them up anyway, does that mean Pence assumed the authority of the presidency? 

Now someone at Politico reports a "senior defense official" says it was all the acting Secretary of Defense's call, and that Pence's name got mixed up in it only because he had called him and was informed about the National Guard situation.

Not quite sure who to believe here. More notable are the supportive press statements coming from White House staff that pointedly don't refer to Trump at all. 

Pence didn't call it up, from what I read in the NY Time. It was Schumer, Pelosi, McConnel, etc. who called who had to be called.

As for the terrorists never leaving off supporting him -- always said it was a cult. A death cult at that.  Think of how many more are going to be sick and even die because of today, all over the country, particularly with this more easily transmissible variant.  Death sentence for him please.

Archived