US Politics- One More Impeachment, For Old Times’ Sake

Fury Resurrected

52 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

I'm fully committed to believing that he tased himself in the ballbag to death.

Oh, for sure. People should be putting mementos -- fuckin' shrines, even -- of that on his goddamned grave for decades to come, because these racist seditious fucks should get no peace, even in death.

41 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Wow, fantastic work! 

If you're interested here's a thread detailing some of the steps to identify both this guy and one of the others from the Senate floor. They are doing due diligence on this, not just naming the first one they think it might be.

https://www.thecut.com/2021/01/pramila-jayapal-surviving-capitol-riots.html

As we sat there, my husband texted me, “There’s a big mob of protesters. Are you sure you’re safe there, do you want to come back to the office?” And I said “No, this is the U.S. Capitol Building; the Speaker’s here; this is probably the most secure place to be.”

(...)

I’m quarantining now because I am convinced that where we ended up, in the secured room — where there were over 100 people and many were Republicans not wearing masks — was a superspreader event.

Interesting reflections about women showing rage.

ETA: Trigger warning, certain fears/ hypotheticals are alluded to.

CNN reported this morning that they’ve arrested the guy who stole Pelosi’s Speaker’s Stand. In Florida. A furniture maker, lol, stealing furniture! Who’d a thunk it!

I will repeat what I’ve said before, they should have closed down all the avenues of escape for these bastards.

Yeah, from the article above:

Those insurrectionists got on planes and are laughing all the way back to wherever they came from. Members of Congress ended up on those same planes, and I’ve been hearing reports, from women primarily, of how they were mocked and taunted by these people who see [Wednesday’s events] as a great victory, the fact that they’ve got all these videos of them bashing windows and taking over Pelosi’s desk, with no consequence.

9 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

CNN reported this morning that they’ve arrested the guy who stole Pelosi’s Speaker’s Stand. In Florida. A furniture maker, lol, stealing furniture! Who’d a thunk it!

I will repeat what I’ve said before, they should have closed down all the avenues of escape for these bastards.

Ah yes, self-employed and working from home, unfortunately. His wife was streaming and chatting about him happily yesterday, from a hotel, I believe.

I mean, how do you bring back the Congressional Speaker’s Stand home on the airplane? Did he send it back by FedEx Wednesday night? Did the airline report him? Did FedEx/UPS report him?

How the hell do you guys allow tasers to be sold to the public? And tear gas? And pepper spray? These are all forbidden in Canada, at least, afaik.

1 hour ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

I've pretty consistently seen reported (although obviously this is pending official announcements) that the three other non-police deaths at the Capitol were:

Man, Heart attack/stroke triggered by being near a police concussion grenade
Woman, Head trauma due to falling off wall/scaffolding or being trampled (this would presumably be the woman mentioned above)
Man, Heart attack due to accidentally tasing himself while trying to steal artwork (reportedly of Tip O'Neill, although take that detail with a huge grain of salt, just like one should take the detail that he tased himself in the genitals with an entire salt mountain). 

Anyway, I haven't done any digging this AM so all of these details could have been refuted. Will go do my due diligence right now.

Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't know we had the info. 

CNN runs a lot of stories over and over, and once again I saw a video of this guy Ali Alexander, a MAGAt who was helping organize the demonstrations in Washington. In the video he brags that he “and three congressmen” were going to have a surprise for everyone on Wednesday.

I think we all need to know who those three congressmen are. Not only the president can be impeached, right? I know judges can be, can members of Congress and Senators be impeached too?

I think they can be expelled, at last that is what people demand, including several TX newspapers (for Cruz).

Here's Furniture Guy:

- Oh look, it *was* Kirstie Alley:

https://twitter.com/kimmieherg/status/1347939314404098048/photo/1

Trump Twitter ban=average person has no platform anymore=slavery. Get it?

Because of the information from Twitter being posted on this thread, I went and searched "Eric Munchel" in Google News, just expecting to find articles about him in connection with the Capitol attack.

And the fourth article is a report from July 2013 about someone who is almost surely the same man being arrested for beating up two people in Sandy Springs, GA:

https://patch.com/georgia/sandysprings/two-arrested-for-beating-man-and-woman-at-roswell-road-apartment

Yes, Trump certainly attracts the best people. (Gag!)

1 hour ago, karaddin said:

If you're interested here's a thread detailing some of the steps to identify both this guy and one of the others from the Senate floor. They are doing due diligence on this, not just naming the first one they think it might be.

Ronan Farrow is working in tracking these people down? That is very good stuff. 

I’m thinking about the people following and harassing Lindsay Graham in the airport, and the ones who harassed Romney at the airport and then on the airplane itself.

If the US government isn’t going to do things like shut down airports when after a coup attempt, private industry needs to step up to the plate. Facebook, Twitter and Google finally have, time for the airlines to do the same. 

All the people being charged who flew to Washington should be banned from flying. All the people who harassed Romney on the plane should be banned by whatever airline that was. They know who they are, there’s security cameras everywhere. Hundreds and hundreds have been banned by airlines for refusing to wear masks. I bet most of these MAGAts didn’t wear masks on the plane, ban them for that at the very least.

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/capitol-trump-insurrection-explosions/

Around the plaza, there were tables hawking all manner of Trump and MAGA regalia. T-shirts, $15. Hats, $15. I asked if those were clearance prices; not yet.

(...)

Spanning the West Entrance stood a large temporary balcony and adjacent bleachers erected for Joe Biden’s inauguration on January 20. Many had climbed the scaffolding. At ground level, a door leading to a narrow stairway to the balcony was smeared with blood. A gentleman with a beard looked at the blood and then at me, right in the eyes. “This is what it’s going to take, brother,” he said to me, pointing to the blood. “This right here.”

(...)

“I can’t go home, I drove all the way from Arizona!”

(...)

“Pigs!” “Is this what we get for backing the Blue?!” “You just lost the only people in this country who stand behind you!” “You serve Satan!”

(...)

“This is not America,” a woman said to a small group, her voice shaking. She was crying, hysterical. “They’re shooting at us. They’re supposed to shoot BLM, but they’re shooting the patriots.”

A man, possibly her husband, comforted her: “Don’t worry, honey. We showed them today. We showed them what we’re all about.”

One thing that's mystifying me right now is why Trump, after being banned by social media, has not just gotten on the phone and called Tucker Carlson or Rush Limbaugh to vent on air.  If for some reason he's mad at Fox at the moment, surely there's someone he could call at OANN or some other even more far right media outlet. He's certainly used the phone to call in to Fox shows in the past.  Have his White House aides somehow actually prevented him from getting to a telephone?

34 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

I think they can be expelled, at last that is what people demand, including several TX newspapers (for Cruz).

Here's Furniture Guy:

- Oh look, it *was* Kirstie Alley:

https://twitter.com/kimmieherg/status/1347939314404098048/photo/1

Trump Twitter ban=average person has no platform anymore=slavery. Get it?

Did these assholes learn nothing from Tom DeLay? Evil wing nuts are supposed to smile for their mug shots. Kirstey Alley; so sad. 

2 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/capitol-trump-insurrection-explosions/

Around the plaza, there were tables hawking all manner of Trump and MAGA regalia. T-shirts, $15. Hats, $15. I asked if those were clearance prices; not yet.

(...)

Spanning the West Entrance stood a large temporary balcony and adjacent bleachers erected for Joe Biden’s inauguration on January 20. Many had climbed the scaffolding. At ground level, a door leading to a narrow stairway to the balcony was smeared with blood. A gentleman with a beard looked at the blood and then at me, right in the eyes. “This is what it’s going to take, brother,” he said to me, pointing to the blood. “This right here.”

(...)

“I can’t go home, I drove all the way from Arizona!”

(...)

“Pigs!” “Is this what we get for backing the Blue?!” “You just lost the only people in this country who stand behind you!” “You serve Satan!”

(...)

“This is not America,” a woman said to a small group, her voice shaking. She was crying, hysterical. “They’re shooting at us. They’re supposed to shoot BLM, but they’re shooting the patriots.”

A man, possibly her husband, comforted her: “Don’t worry, honey. We showed them today. We showed them what we’re all about.”

"Pigs"? Oh, my.

Sadly, that woman get's it. They are supposed to shoot at BLM. 

Archived