US Politics- One More Impeachment, For Old Times’ Sake

Fury Resurrected

Another conservative Reddit thread:

You Cannot Ignore The Desires, Concerns And Feelings* Of 74 Million Citizens 

...says the “fuck your feelings” crowd who three days ago attempted to violently overturn the will of 81 million citizens.

*Oxford comma omitted by original Reddit poster. As I am not a toothless cretin, I always use the Oxford comma.

1 hour ago, Kalbear Total Landscaping said:

Okay. So? The rest of my point remains no less valid.

Sorry, when you make obvious errors like that it makes me question the validity of the rest of your point. Why should I agree with your pessimism when it's based on incorrect statements like that? 

17 minutes ago, DMC said:

While I certainly agree airlines should ban anybody harassing politicians - or any other passengers - on flights (as I think any reasonable person would), I sure hope none of them adopt a policy of landing at the nearest airport to kick them off.  That could get quite disruptive, flying is

Not sure why the office itself should be disillusioning.  The office is designed to identify/determine applicants that are actually deserving of pardons.

About the first comment: I trust that Trump rallies that end up as Storm the Capitol events, or later on, Attack the WH, don’t become weekly or monthly events, although it looks like there might be more starting in the 17th of January.

Regarding the second comment: Myshkin posted a tweet telling people who want a pardon to hurry up and send in their names, addresses and phone numbers and what crime they wanted pardoned to the Pardon Attorney by Tuesday, and people through this was a joke or trap of some kind. I was correcting their misapprehension.

1 minute ago, Fragile Bird said:

Regarding the second comment: Myshkin posted a tweet telling people who want a pardon to hurry up and send in their names, addresses and phone numbers and what crime they wanted pardoned to the Pardon Attorney by Tuesday, and people through this was a joke or trap of some kind. I was correcting their misapprehension.

That was me - consensus is that it is a joke, a honey trap, - despite there being an actual Pardon Attorney.

5 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

Capitol Trump Supporters Attack AP Photographer for 'Being Antifa', beat him up, throw him over a balcony...

(One other guy helped him up, declaring "no he's not." Good thing he didn't have any tuna cans with him...)

actually the man also retrieved his camera from the other and located his press pass and pointed this out and then offered to walk him out and did I think.

1 minute ago, Week said:

That was me - consensus is that it is a joke, a honey trap, - despite there being an actual Pardon Attorney.

Could be, could be. But if you send your info to the Pardon Attorney, do you think the FBI are intercepting the e-mails? Using a real WH office?

6 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I was correcting their misapprehension.

Right, I'm just saying the office itself is, on balance, a good thing and hardly disillusioning.  At its best it improves/is a crucial part of the ability to use the president's pardon power for good (rather than the obvious negative aspects of that power) - to help correct the endemic injustices of the American justice system.

13 minutes ago, Castellan said:

actually the man also retrieved his camera from the other and located his press pass and pointed this out and then offered to walk him out and did I think.

Yes, I was just being lazy. That guy may well have prevented another beating.

It is with a heavy heart and a deep sense of responsibility that I must submit my resignation, effective immediately, from my post on this Death Star. However, I see no other choice.

Now is the time for all of us to stand up from our posts and do what is right.

It’s been an honor to work on this Death Star. I love the aesthetic. I love how I’ve been able to pursue my greatest passion: destroying planets and pressing buttons...

Sure, there have been moments with which I disagreed. Lord Vader and I don’t always see eye to eye; in fact, I have no idea where he is looking in that creepy helmet of his. I didn’t like when he tried to choke my colleague, or my other colleague, or that additional different colleague who later passed away. But I stayed at my post because I knew that my work mattered, and I was helping Grand Moff Tarkin keep the regional governors in line. (...)

I wonder if once Trump sets up his website or whatever if his family will be following along or if they'll decide a career as neo-Nazi troublemakers isn't up to their standard.

Don jr looked so high at that pre-rally get together, there was no disguising it. 

Ivanka must be disappointed in her husband not masterminding a middle east policy for the ages, and to have her future as President cruelly stolen.

Tiffany should be glad they never really took to her.

2 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Did I misread the tweet? It doesn't ask people to send their info to or through Parler, but to the WH Pardon Attorney, no?

I don't think where it asks people to send their info has any relevance to whether or not it's a "honey trap". Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. 

9 minutes ago, Castellan said:

Tiffany should be glad they never really took to her.

Her name is tarnished all the same and she never really tried to put some distance between her and the rest of her family klan. Maybe she could try and go by her mother's name.

3 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

The only one I feel sorry for is Barron.

What is Melania’s maiden name? What’s the over/under on how long before Barron starts going by that instead of Trump?

51 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Sorry, when you make obvious errors like that it makes me question the validity of the rest of your point. Why should I agree with your pessimism when it's based on incorrect statements like that? 

Guess that's fair. 

At the same time, the thousands of people who entered the capitol building are not as yet arrested or charged with anything. From previous history their being charged with anything does not mean they will be found guilty or even serve any actual time. There is very little 'hammer being thrown' at them right now, nor is it likely that they will have any hammers come down on them at all. The police officer who died will likely have no one responsible be punished. 

Archived