Football: We'll be here until we get the draw we want!

Corvinus85

12 hours ago, Consigliere said:

Arsenal/Wolves postponed.

I'll bet Wolves are relieved they don't have to face Mikel Arteta's young guns. Absolutely flying now, and really starting to look like a team. With every passing week it's becoming clear that we won the summer transfer window. By some distance.

I think they'll be looking at their post-poned games and think: oh shit, we still have to play those. 

I'll be the EPL won't finish in May. Further more, I think EPL clubs will returns to five subs under those circumstances.

Qatar is a problem for next season. Primary concern for the league and clubs is finishing this season. It's very unlikely that can be done before June. Yes, there'll be a ripple effect with players returning after a shortened off-season. But that's another problem for another season.  There'll be more post-ponements coming in January (maybe even February).  When do you want to play those with CL and EL fixtures also taking place? 

Martial wants out I see. Hope he ends up somewhere he can settle- he did the dogwork for us when we needed it and somewhat broke his own game in doing so, and we've just not had the space in the team for him to work back to what he's actually best at. Right time for it, really. 

Hey, at this point in time, Newcastle are going down. There's simply no amount of money in the world that's going to save them. So it's OK to root for them to take points off clubs you dislike. ;)

Newcastle looked better against United but they need some better players in defence they need new players and early in the January window even with their spending power they look like they are going down. Either way if they spend their way out of relegation or if they go down after finally getting their takeover it will be funny to me.

17 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Martial wants out I see. Hope he ends up somewhere he can settle- he did the dogwork for us when we needed it and somewhat broke his own game in doing so, and we've just not had the space in the team for him to work back to what he's actually best at. Right time for it, really. 

Most likely Sevilla. Reports that they are preparing a loan offer.

That was not good. We don't look quite as open defensively but the overall standard of play is still well below par. We've just got outplayed by the two worst teams in the league in our last two games.

Reports that United have rejected Sevilla's loan offer - reported to be an offer to pay 50% of his wages, no loan fee and no option to buy. Apparently United are quite happy to keep Martial for the rest of the season and will not entertain any loan offers that don't include a loan fee + paying full wages.

I'm not following United that much, but I doubt that getting rid of 50% of Martial's wages would even put a dent in their overall expenses. Losing a player for that much is not worth the bother for them really.

8 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Salah is usually pretty mint at penalties though. Didn't he score 15 in a row before this?

He hits way too many of them centrally. Usually they go in anyway, but once you're relying on the keeper diving out of the way, it's not really a good penalty.

At the moment, I'd be fine with Salah and Mane going to AFCON early, because they've both been fucking shit.

Archived