The Book of Boba Fett [SPOILERS]

Corvinus85

13 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:
  Hide contents

So, if the Group Din Djarn is part of doesn’t consider him Mandolorian any longer why did they allow him to keep his armor and the Dark Sabre?

Because he won the challenge 

2 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

He won the challenge:

Hide contents

Before the Armorer declared he wasn’t a Mandolorian.  Wouldn’t that declaration change the calculus?

It just seems weird to me.

Din asked for how redemption may happen so the Armorer seemed to be willing to give Din that chance.

44 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

He won the challenge:

Hide contents

Before the Armorer declared he wasn’t a Mandolorian.  Wouldn’t that declaration change the calculus?

It just seems weird to me.

Din and Bo-Katan both seemed to assume Gideon was the rightful owner of the Darksaber before Din defeated him, so it seems that ownership belongs to the winner regardless of their status as a Mandalorian.

37 minutes ago, Maltaran said:

Din and Bo-Katan both seemed to assume Gideon was the rightful owner of the Darksaber before Din defeated him, so it seems that ownership belongs to the winner regardless of their status as a Mandalorian.

The armor?  Bo-Katan got up in Boba Fett’s grill about his possession of Mandolorian armor.

I love that he cut himself with the Darksabre, that was a really nice touch. "What weapon caused such a wound?" you didn't even look at the wound! 

3 minutes ago, Kalibuster said:

Best episode by far of Boba Fett! 

Well yeah because it wasn't one! They probably should have just changed the title card and surprised us with a The Mandalorian interlude. Like won't it be weird if someone starts to watch The Mandalorian a couple years from now and misses this because it's technically an episode of another show? 

It is funny to me to see how badass, awesome and cool Mando is compared to Boba Fett now. Boba Fett rocking the dad bod and wanting peace and respect is so...dull.

Really makes me wonder why they greenlit this show. 

8 minutes ago, Kalibuster said:

The rumor was that Pascal was busy with The Last of Us so they opted to do this instead with the same crew while they waited for him to be available. Most likely that wasn't him under the armor this episode.

35 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

The armor?  Bo-Katan got up in Boba Fett’s grill about his possession of Mandolorian armor.

Every piece of Beskar that Din wears was earned by him.

What I do think is interesting is that they made a point to say that Bo-Katan was a member of an old Mandalorian house and she used blood as a way to justify possessing the Darksaber and ruling Mandalore. And here is Din, "uncrowned king" of Mandalore who's a nobody and likely not even of Mandalorian descent. I am curious if this will come up in his show.

10 minutes ago, Kalibuster said:

It is funny to me to see how badass, awesome and cool Mando is compared to Boba Fett now. Boba Fett rocking the dad bod and wanting peace and respect is so...dull.

I think that there is a positive to making the character leave the helmet on.  Watching Pedro constantly emoting would probably take down the cool factor of Mando a bit too.

Just now, RumHam said:

The rumor was that Pascal was busy with The Last of Us so they opted to do this instead with the same crew while they waited for him to be available. Most likely that wasn't him under the armor this episode.

Huh. 

Well, they managed to make one of the weirdly more popular character incredibly lame both by comparison and in their own right, all while sitting around one of the most boring planets in the star wars universe. 

1 minute ago, Frey family reunion said:

I think that there is a positive to making the character leave the helmet on.  Watching Pedro constantly emoting would probably take down the cool factor of Mando a bit too.

Probably! But that's also the case for Boba Fett, and in one ep of this with Mando we got him fighting more actual badass fights, actually flying off planet, more humor, cooler call backs and better guest stars.

It's not just the helmet. It's that for a good chunk of the Boba fett show he was shown taking a bath, his best fight scene had him getting his ass kicked in a robe while being saved by Cyber-newsies, and he spent more time feasting than doing anything cool. At least fennec does cool shit regularly, but Boba fett the show fails so far in one spectacular way - it is boring. 

I'd be happy to never see a desert planet in Star Wars again at this point. 

I'm probably just overthinking a throw away line of dialogue by Stephen Root's character about how Tatooine used to be covered in water, but I did wonder if that was foreshadowing something. Maybe water returning to Tatooine somehow. 

Archived