Football: Rangnick past me again

polishgenius

I think that (unlike VDB, who gets no game time because his first-team spot is very taken but would get loads if Bruno got injured) there's plenty of cover for Lingard positionally, especially with Elanga now establishing some sort of space for himself, and Lingard has enough goodwill with the upstairs at the club that they probably wouldn't stand in his way, if he's always gonna just say no and sit out the contract otherwise so the 12mil isn't really on the table.

It'd be different if it was some massive fee but 12 mil isn't gonna make or break any summer transfer activity for us.

37 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

I think that (unlike VDB, who gets no game time because his first-team spot is very taken but would get loads if Bruno got injured) there's plenty of cover for Lingard positionally, especially with Elanga now establishing some sort of space for himself, and Lingard has enough goodwill with the upstairs at the club that they probably wouldn't stand in his way, if he's always gonna just say no and sit out the contract otherwise so the 12mil isn't really on the table.

It'd be different if it was some massive fee but 12 mil isn't gonna make or break any summer transfer activity for us.

£12m is still a heck of a lot to pay for goodwill. Man U have 11 days left to look for an actual buyer, and even then, with COVID rife and rescheduled games to play, it might be wiser to hang on to Lingard in case the club needs him rather than effectively ending his contract six months early.

2 hours ago, polishgenius said:

I know I talk about him a lot but (as much as the fans would hate it) I don't understand why Everton's board isn't trying to hire Sean Dyche. A front two of Richarlison and DLC is the kind of thing he dreams about at night. Good parts and dirty parts.

I'm pretty sure that's not the direction anyone is really looking to go in! Its nice that Big Dunc and Rafa don't see much wrong with 442 lump it style of football but long term you'd want something a bit easier on the eye. Rafa's stink felt like damage control during FFP restrictions. At first it seemed to make sense: spend almost no money on players nobody else wants, but fit into a certain style which will at the most stop you being relegated. 

Its just that it didn't work out, Everton couldn't even defend like a solid low block team.

Archived