Football: Deadline Day

Raja

1 hour ago, Consigliere said:

Seeing some reports that Flamengo have agreed a deal with United for Andreas Pereira - £12m + 25% sell on clause. That's a pretty good deal for United; Pereira is rubbish.

The reports here in Brazil is that the value offered to make a deal (not closed yet) 9 million euro (which a quick look at a converter indicates is 7,6 million pounds), but yeah, even if true that would still be too much for him, specially considering in the biggest game of his life he made the mother of all mistakes. Counts in his favor the fact that the best Brazilian players that could fill his role, besides Bruno Guimarães (good luck getting him out of Newcastle), would be Gérson and Paquetá, two players Flamengo was the one that sold to Europe in the first place by a lot more than that.

22 minutes ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

The reports here in Brazil is that the value offered to make a deal (not closed yet) 9 million euro (which a quick look at a converter indicates is 7,6 million pounds), but yeah, even if true that would still be too much for him,

Yeah even that would be a good deal for United. The reports saying £12m + 25% sell on are coming from Fred Caldeira (TNT Sports Brasil) who seems to be fairly reliable.

A somewhat sarcastic perspective on that whole betting thing would've been: So somebody bet on a Red Card, with Xhaka on the pitch. Wouldn't it be more profitable to bet on him staying on the pitch for the whole game?

4 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Oh dear. Kurt Zouma is about to discover precisely why you should never get your brother to film you drop-kicking your cat across the kitchen. Sick bastard.

Dafuq? Now I had to google that story. I'd have wee bit of respect for him, if he did it to one of the big cats in the charity he supports, likesay a fully grown (unsedated) tiger, just to see how that one would play out.

David Moyes really is an awful human being. Remember that time he threatened a female reporter with violence for asking a few too many difficult questions. 

I guess nobody should be surprised that be basically just said fuck that cat. 

Mason Holgate is such a bad player.

He shouldn't be, given his talent, but he has no control over his aggression levels, so he needlessly goes to hard into tackles every match, picking up silly cards. And while he does have abilities on the ball, he clearly thinks he's better than his talents allow for, leading him to misplace passes en masse. Which, if you're a CB and play short passes, is a major liabiliy.

Godfrey's out, Mina's out for a period - but right now, given Holgate's useless, I think we'd be better served by playing a Branthwaite - Keane - partnership.

Archived