NFL Offseason 2022 - The Slog of Slogs!

aceluby

12 hours ago, Mexal said:

La'el Collins visiting Bengals tonight. If Bengals can land him and fix their RT spot, that OL is in pretty good shape. Still could use a C or LG (COME TO ME JC TRETTER) but it's soooooo much better than last year. They need to finish the job though. Important to land Collins and solidify the right.

With an OL, not sure how teams stop the Bengals. Burrow, Mixon, Chase, Higgins, Boyd and time. Good luck?

As a Cowboys fan I would say be careful what you wish for.

8 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Frank Pollack is extremely familiar with Collins from his years in Dallas. He knows exactly what he’s getting. And giving Joe Burrow a RT that graded out at 82.0 last season sounds just fine to me. 

I am surprised at how positive the reactions are to the Raiders trading for Adams.  I am still of the option that trading a first round pick for the right to pay top dollar for a player is always a fool's errand (quarterbacks excepted).  Trading a 1 and a 2 is a big loss.  Giving any non-qb a $30 mil a year deal is a huge risk.  My friend who is a Raiders fan is pumped (this has been a rough offseason for him), but I don't share the enthusiasm.  The Raiders still look like the worst team in the division and now they won't have a first or second round pick who might potentially outplay their contract. 

1 hour ago, Maithanet said:

I am surprised at how positive the reactions are to the Raiders trading for Adams. 

Oh sure it's a bad deal for them, especially longterm.  Doesn't change the fact the concentration of talent going to the AFC West this offseason is ridonculous.

5 hours ago, dbunting said:

Yea, I hear you. I understand his baggage and hip issues. I just really really want a top tier RT for Burrow but also for Mixon. Dude is an all-pro run blocker.

2 hours ago, DMC said:

Oh sure it's a bad deal for them, especially longterm.  Doesn't change the fact the concentration of talent going to the AFC West this offseason is ridonculous.

A fairly stacked team that was just a QB away went and got a fringe top 5 QB and that makes them…..the third best team in the division. JFC.

I’d argue the biggest winners from all of this are the Bills except they have the misfortune of playing the West this year.

17 minutes ago, Kalibuster said:

This is so remarkably bad for everyone involved except Watson's agent.

I'm just happy the Browns didn't have to give up JOK or Newsome in the trade.  I thought for sure one would be involved, and combined with obviously losing several first round picks and Watson's new deal, their production would have been tough to replace in the draft or free agency.  Instead, we get to keep them on rookie deals for the next three to four years (four for Newsome, three for JOK).  That's big considering both looked to be impact defenders at their positions going forward.

27 minutes ago, Kalibuster said:

This is so remarkably bad for everyone involved except Watson's agent.

Leave it to the NFL to give the first major deal that's 100% guaranteed (that I can remember at least) to a guy who's facing suspension and didn't play at all the year before.  (Although I suppose Rodgers' deal was practically guaranteed, so I guess the writing was on the wall.)

2 minutes ago, DMC said:

Leave it to the NFL to give the first major deal that's 100% guaranteed (that I can remember at least) to a guy who's facing suspension and didn't play at all the year before.  (Although I suppose Rodgers' deal was practically guaranteed, so I guess the writing was on the wall.)

Kirk Cousins Vikings deal was the first I thought. 

And yes, the number of teams totally willing to ignore the many red flags about this deal is pretty sad. 

3 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

And yes, the number of teams totally willing to ignore the many red flags about this deal is pretty sad. 

One of the teams in our division has a statue of a murderer outside their stadium.  There is no moral high ground in the NFL.

Jimmy Haslam: "Deshaun, I know everyone thinks you're a sexual predator, so we're going to make it up to you by giving you $230m, and to sweeten the pot, we're going to guarantee all of it."

The NFL is gross. But at least players will wear pink sometimes to raise awareness about breast cancer. :ack:

22 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Jimmy Haslam: "Deshaun, I know everyone thinks you're a sexual predator, so we're going to make it up to you by giving you $230m, and to sweeten the pot, we're going to guarantee all of it."

The NFL is gross. But at least players will wear pink sometimes to raise awareness about breast cancer. :ack:

Can't wait to watch a succession of sideline bimbos sugarally seek answers before every big game to the tough, tough, question "so, like, what was YOUR headspace. With, like, coming to Cleveland and stuff? And what was it about Cleveland that drew you here?"

1 hour ago, Babblebauble said:

Can't wait to watch a succession of sideline bimbos sugarally seek answers before every big game to the tough, tough, question "so, like, what was YOUR headspace. With, like, coming to Cleveland and stuff? And what was it about Cleveland that drew you here?"

I'll put the over/under at four games played when the media mostly forgets about what he did unless he comes out and sucks.

Archived