Hope for the Frey family

On 5/15/2023 at 9:46 AM, Northern Sword said:

Destruction is deserved, and is on the way. The Frey's are doomed.

Frey destruction is not deserved.  Perhaps for the few who were directly involved.  The Starks broke their oath to Walder.  The Starks deserved punishment.  Specifically, Robb deserved punishment. 

5 hours ago, James Fenimore Cooper XXII said:

Frey destruction is not deserved.  Perhaps for the few who were directly involved.  The Starks broke their oath to Walder.  The Starks deserved punishment.  Specifically, Robb deserved punishment. 

He got punishment when the Freys abandoned his cause. That’s all that was merited. Marriage pacts aren’t sacred oaths and are broken all the time. 

Some Freys are innocent. Like Olyvar, Roslin, and Perwyn(?). Most of the women are probably innocent as well. But Lord Walder and most of his sons are guilty and deserve death and misery. And unfortunately the rest of their family will be caught in the crossfire.

A lot of those killed during the Red Wedding didn't deserve to die. It's not only the Starks who deserve revenge, many of the Houses of the North and Riverlands lost family and men that night and the Lannisters and Boltons are sitting back and letting the Frey's take the blame. The Red Fork will run red with blood before the series is over.  

On 6/1/2023 at 5:11 AM, James Fenimore Cooper XXII said:

Of all customs and practices in ASOIAF. Guest Right is paramount. It is sacred, to the Old Gods and the New. From the First Men, to the Andals. This protection crosses all regions, religions and races. Walder Frey and Family are not exempt. No matter how much you hate the Starks. The Red Wedding was a sin and righteous retribution is coming for the Frey's. 

The North Remembers, and the River Lords were not fans of the Frey's to begin with. Do you think the families in the RL are going to forgive the Late Lord Frey and his treachery... I think not.

• 3 months later...
On 6/5/2023 at 12:35 PM, Lady Stonehearts Simp said:

I think many Freys are going to die. Not all, but a lot. Those left will be destitute, they’ll lose the Twins. Hopefully Old Walder lives long enough to see his house’s ruin, then gets torn apart by Nymeria’s wolfpack

Or the Freys will find Nymeria and add another fur to Lord Walder's collection.  I expect he already has Greywind hanging among the tapestries.  They do not deserve to lose the Twins.  The Starks were destructive rebels who were causing too much loses of lives and property.  Robb was dirty from the very beginning even before he betrayed Lord Walder. 

This is the new ‘normal’… resurrecting dead threads that were nonsensical and silly even when alive just to beat them dead again with arguments that are just as ridiculous and dumb as those made initially. 
I suppose this behaviour warrants an A for commitment and an F for content. 

9 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

She attacks people when she is a guest and technically breaks a truce. Since her enemies are Slavers no one cares, but for some reason Starks don't get a pass for attacking an equally vile enemy.

Which equally vile enemy are the Starks criticized for attacking?  I think I lost track somewhere.

7 hours ago, Craving Peaches said:

She attacks people when she is a guest and technically breaks a truce. Since her enemies are Slavers no one cares, but for some reason Starks don't get a pass for attacking an equally vile enemy.

What’s weird about it all is that the Freys, Boltons, Janos Slynt etc are all the loyal catspaws of the family Daenerys hates most - the Lannisters.

Edited by SeanF

3 minutes ago, SeanF said:

What’s weird about it all is that the Freys, Boltons, Janos Slynt etc are all the loyal catspaws of the family Daenerys hates most - the Lannisters.

It's very illogical. Especially when they ramble about how Daenerys will forgive and reward these men.

House Frey has one of the better probabilities of surviving because of the number of children the Lord of the House has.  Arya, Jon, and the Others will reduce the number of Freys but many who live in the southern parts of Westeros will have ample warning and sail for Essos before the wights kill everyone in their path.  A wight Jon Snow will be among the armies of ice moving towards the south.  Arya and wighted Jon might burn together in each others' arms at the Trident after Drogon bakes them with dragon fire.  

17 minutes ago, James West said:

House Frey has one of the better probabilities of surviving because of the number of children the Lord of the House has.

I did not expect something so sensible from you, given your past output, which looks more like, well:

18 minutes ago, James West said:

Arya and wighted Jon might burn together in each others' arms at the Trident after Drogon bakes them with dragon fire. 

Nonsense like this.

11 hours ago, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

Speaking of hope for the Frey family, what do you all think Roslin's ultimate fate will be?

I expect the BWB will put her to death.  If we ever get TWOW, I expect that the Riverlands will witness scenes of appalling cruelty, directed at anyone connected to the Lannisters and Freys.

Edited by SeanF

4 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I expect the BWB will put her to death.  If we ever get TWOW, I expect that the Riverlands will witness scenes of appalling cruelty, directed at anyone connected to the Lannisters and Freys.

Yeah, that’s entirely possible.

On another note, it’s curious that only the Rosby Freys, Roslin and Olyvar, seem to be good people.