MCU Multi-thread of Marvels

SpaceChampion

Wonderful finale to a terrific series. Loved it. No spoilers but thematically it worked well, the cameo from G Willow Wilson made me smile, and everyone got a chance to shine.

11 minutes ago, mormont said:

Oh, for folks watching, there is a mid-credits scene and pay attention for a musical sting near the end.

Definitely caught that when it happened. But I liked Kamala's comment about it being just another label.

It hit me that the agent lady that was basically the antagonist for the end of the series could be the show's subtle dig at 'Karens'.

Btw, on the subject of what phase 4 is, beside the multiverse stuff, they've also been digging more in the mystical parts of the Marvel comics - Wanda, Dr. Strange, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, the Ebony Blade reveal in The Eternals. Even the new Thor had the Necro Sword. I don't know if there is a specific direction to it, but at least there are common tropes being used.

4 hours ago, mormont said:

Wonderful finale to a terrific series. Loved it. No spoilers but thematically it worked well, the cameo from G Willow Wilson made me smile, and everyone got a chance to shine.

What cameo?  And I loved this series the entire thing.  The focus on family and how much they love one another and are willing to sacrifice because of that love.  

It made my heart sing.  :)

4 hours ago, mormont said:

Oh, for folks watching, there is a mid-credits scene and pay attention for a musical sting near the end.

That was great.  They're really leaning into that theory of the story...

As a whole, six episodes might have been a little too little...if only because there could have been a little more for the characters to do...

2 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

What cameo?

Minor spoiler:

Spoiler

in the social media montage at the end, '@therealgww' is G Willow Wilson.

I liked the series overall but thought they might be drifting toward a messy end, so the final episode of Ms Marvel was a nice surprise. No doubt they hedged budget for the finale, the FX were much sharper, and I loved how they moved a bit more visually toward Kamala's comic powerset.

Really looking forward to how she shapes up in The Marvels alongside Carol and Monica.   

57 minutes ago, JGP said:

I liked the series overall but thought they might be drifting toward a messy end, so the final episode of Ms Marvel was a nice surprise. No doubt they hedged budget for the finale, the FX were much sharper, and I loved how they moved a bit more visually toward Kamala's comic powerset.

Really looking forward to how she shapes up in The Marvels alongside Carol and Monica.   

What happened in the post credit scene?

7 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

What happened in the post credit scene?

Didn't you watch it?

Spoiler

Kamala's wrist bangle lights up and causes her to switch places with Carol Danvers...heavily implying that it is a Nega Band...

Of course, they also dropped the thread that there is a second band out there somewhere...

31 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Didn't you watch it?

Hide contents

Kamala's wrist bangle lights up and causes her to switch places with Carol Danvers...heavily implying that it is a Nega Band...

Of course, they also dropped the thread that there is a second band out there somewhere...

What is a “nega band”?

40 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

What is a “nega band”?

From the wiki on the original Captain Marvel, who was a Kree...

The Supreme Intelligence enables Mar-Vell to telepathically contact Rick Jones, which he uses to lead Jones to a set of "nega-bands" at an abandoned Kree base. When Jones puts on the bands and strikes them together, he trades places with Mar-Vell and is encased in a protective aura in the Negative Zone. The pair discover they are able to maintain telepathic contact. Using this method, Mar-Vell can remain in the positive universe for a period of three hours.

28 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

From the wiki on the original Captain Marvel, who was a Kree...

The Supreme Intelligence enables Mar-Vell to telepathically contact Rick Jones, which he uses to lead Jones to a set of "nega-bands" at an abandoned Kree base. When Jones puts on the bands and strikes them together, he trades places with Mar-Vell and is encased in a protective aura in the Negative Zone. The pair discover they are able to maintain telepathic contact. Using this method, Mar-Vell can remain in the positive universe for a period of three hours.

Huh.

Finished Ms. Marvel.  Overall, I enjoyed the story far more than I thought I would. The art style and power set from the comic very much turned me off initially and the other offerings I’ve read from Wilson were uninspiring at best (her Wonder Woman run was an absolute slog). So, with that in mind, I think that the big action scene lost something for me as her power set moved closer to the source material. The stretchy power set Is not for me. 

That said, the show shifted me from uninspired by The Marvels (Stretchy negating the goodwill generated by both Danvers and Rambeau) to a little optimistic. 

I did briefly wonder if the bangle was going to be a NegaBand when they said there were two and played the multidimensional card. 

My first thought as well but figured it might be a bit of a waste of his talent, unless Victor is going to be depicted outside of his armor a fair bit.

Archived