Football: Insert Ted Lasso joke here

ljkeane

So much for Haaland not being a Guardiola system player.

9 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

With the fee, his wages, and Mino's cut, I wouldn't call Haaland a bargain.

Anyway, the move was to give him a good shot at the CL title. Brand building as they call it in newspeak, me thinks. 

Hard to call €100m (€60m transfer fee + €40m agent fee) a bargain but that is still very good business for a player of Haaland's calibre and age in this market.

7 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

I mean, I get it, Ajax don't have to sell if they don't want to. The days, when big clubs could pick up talent on the cheap there are gone now. And maybe they wanted to make a statement about not being MU's bloody feeder club, but 90m for Antony?! I mean, he is gifted, and I can see there being a fuckton of potential in him, and him being able to grow into a worldbeater. But right now, that's a bet on him making the most of his talent.

Not just him making the most of his talent, but him making the most of his talent at Ajax. That's going to be quite difficult, because it's not even a top 5 league in Europe, and every player from the Dutch league has had to go abroad if they were to be considered world class. The only exception I can think of now is Ajax generation that won the Champions league.

Archived