US Politics: Hey wanna come to my office and see some Top Secret Eyes only documents?

Ser Scot A Ellison

He claims gas was $1.87 when he was in office. Oh, really?  Lie lie lie lie lie.  I will say, the price of gas did drop while he was in office, thanks to the worldwide covid lockdowns.  Not due to 45, he'll try to take credit anyway.  Hell, even here in California one day it was $0.99 per gal during the lockdowns.  And there I was, filling up my car, with tears streaming down my cheeks, because I was laffing so hard.  Struck me as hilarious, something I will never, ever see again.  If only 45 would go away forever and ever too.  

1 hour ago, mormont said:

When is he going to buy a suit that fits?

Well, as soon as he had that next tranche sold to Putin, he would be able to afford a custom-tailored suit.  But doggone it, those meanies from the FBI came along and RAIDED his home!  So, so sad, now he'll never get the suit.

:crying:

1 hour ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

How fucked up is Trump in this video??

That isn't from last night's rally in PA?  I looked trying to find the date this was recorded, but failed.  But it can't be from last night could It?  Not even he would have said, LAST NIGHT, that "Zucherberg came to visit me in the White House last night and kissed my ass."

Would he?  Could he?  If he did, he's clearly got to be put into a home for elderly dementia patients.

3 minutes ago, Zorral said:

That isn't from last night's rally in PA?  I looked trying to find the date this was recorded, but failed.  But it can't be from last night could It?  Not even he would have said, LAST NIGHT, that "Zucherberg came to visit me in the White House last night and kissed my ass."

Would he?  Could he?  If he did, he's clearly got to be put into a home for elderly dementia patients.

Yes, it's from last night.   

@DMC   This novel might be an interesting read for you -- I'll get to it myself. They Say it is satiric.  One may wonder though since like jokes, there is nothing satirical or parodic any longer.  The magrats have seen to that!

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2022/aug/31/the-unfolding-by-am-homes-review-jittery-tale-of-republican-conspiracy

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/31/books/review/the-unfolding-am-homes.html

In any case, judging by the reviews we sure do see deeply into maladie de la nostalgique that is destroying the US and the UK and Russia's destruction of the Ukraine.

6 minutes ago, Zorral said:

@DMC   This novel might be an interesting read for you -- I'll try to get to it myself at some point. 

Thanks, sounds like an interesting premise - either fun or depressing depending on the extent of how "satirical" it really is!

Biden Laid the Trap. Trump Walked Into It.

At his Pennsylvania rally, the former president gave exactly the narcissistic display his Democratic nemesis tried to provoke.

In 2016, Hillary Clinton warned that Donald Trump was a fool who could be baited with a tweet. This past Thursday night, in Philadelphia, Joe Biden upped the ante by asking, in effect: What idiot thing might the former president do if baited with a whole speech? On Saturday night, the world got its answer.

So they pleaded with Trump to keep out of the 2022 race. A Republican lawmaker in a close contest told CNN on August 19, “I don’t say his name, ever.”(...)

For the 2022 election cycle, smart Republicans had a clear and simple plan: Don’t let the election be about Trump. Make it about gas prices, or crime, or the border, or race, or sex education, or anything—anything but Trump.

Biden came to Philadelphia to deliver a wound to Trump’s boundless yet fragile ego. Trump obliged with a monstrously self-involved meltdown 48 hours later. And now his party has nowhere to hide. Trump has overwritten his name on every Republican line of every ballot in 2022.

3 hours ago, DMC said:

Perhaps he's concerned about what sometimes happens when you go to buy new suits:

So strangely enough, Jay Johnston, the actor in the gray jacket and black pants to the left of Vince Vaughn's Wes Mantooth immediately before the fight, attended the Jan 6 riot.  

https://www.salon.com/2021/12/18/loving-actor-banned-from-bobs-burgers-after-being-spotted-at-capitol-riot-report_partner/

39 minutes ago, Larry of the Lake said:

So strangely enough, Jay Johnston, the actor in the gray jacket and black pants to the left of Vince Vaughn's Wes Mantooth immediately before the fight, attended the Jan 6 riot.  

https://www.salon.com/2021/12/18/loving-actor-banned-from-bobs-burgers-after-being-spotted-at-capitol-riot-report_partner/

I’d hoped that during the Jan 6 hearings, footage would emerge of him doing this dance on Nancy Pelosi’s desk.

5 hours ago, LongRider said:

He claims gas was $1.87 when he was in office. Oh, really?  Lie lie lie lie lie.  I will say, the price of gas did drop while he was in office, thanks to the worldwide covid lockdowns.  Not due to 45, he'll try to take credit anyway.  Hell, even here in California one day it was $0.99 per gal during the lockdowns.  And there I was, filling up my car, with tears streaming down my cheeks, because I was laffing so hard.  Struck me as hilarious, something I will never, ever see again.  If only 45 would go away forever and ever too.  

That's some fantastic gas lighting.  Even in Connecticut gas got well below $2 per gallon.  Some of that you could attribute to covid drop in demand.  But the US was an energy exporter for a few years when we had a leader that wanted to improve things in the US.  (Which is not to say that means put down the rest of the world.  Just the opposite in fact, fair trade creates mutual advantage.)

Though apparently, the popular thing is to raise everyone's energy cost, stop domestic oil and gas production, reduce the food supply, and import oil from Iran or Venezuela.  If you think that's a bad idea, then you're probably one of those ultra maga fascists our fairly elected leader keeps harping on.  

7 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

That's some fantastic gas lighting.  Even in Connecticut gas got well below $2 per gallon.  Some of that you could attribute to covid drop in demand.  But the US was an energy exporter for a few years when we had a leader that wanted to improve things in the US.  (Which is not to say that means put down the rest of the world.  Just the opposite in fact, fair trade creates mutual advantage.)

Though apparently, the popular thing is to raise everyone's energy cost, stop domestic oil and gas production, reduce the food supply, and import oil from Iran or Venezuela.  If you think that's a bad idea, then you're probably one of those ultra maga fascists our fairly elected leader keeps harping on.  

Dude look at petroleum exports for 2019 or 2020 vs 2021.  Biden didn't shut down oil production.  I'm far from a Dem or Biden cheerleader, domestic oil and gas production hasn't stopped under Biden, far from it.  

14 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

hough apparently, the popular thing is to raise everyone's energy cost, stop domestic oil and gas production, reduce the food supply, and import oil from Iran or Venezuela.  If you think that's a bad idea, then you're probably one of those ultra maga fascists our fairly elected leader keeps harping on.  

Edited

Oh, personal attacks is it?  How quaint. 

1 minute ago, LongRider said:

Oh, personal attacks is it?  How quaint. 

I'm totally confused.  My recollection is that you prefer Biden to Trump.  But you're also in favor of increasing everyone's energy cost, stopping domestic oil and gas production, reducing the food supply, and importing oil from Iran or Venezuela?  Is that accurate, or what's the issue?

And what's the personal attack on LongRider there?  I hadn't considered you at all when I wrote that.

7 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

I'm totally confused.  My recollection is that you prefer Biden to Trump.  But you're also in favor of increasing everyone's energy cost, stopping domestic oil and gas production, reducing the food supply, and importing oil from Iran or Venezuela?  Is that accurate, or what's the issue?

And what's the personal attack on LongRider there?  I hadn't considered you at all when I wrote that.

When oil stockpiles skyrocketed when the planet shut down in Spring 2020 gas prices tumbled and expensive oil production, like fracking, shut down as well.  It takes time to restart.  Are you really going to credit the man who suggested we inject bleach with low gas prices caused by the COVID pandemic?

Trump stole highly classified information and very well may have been selling that information to our enemies (hence the empty folders found by the FBI).  Would you like that guy back?  Because… hey another snap recession could give you really low gas prices again…

You’re brighter than this.  

Archived