Upcoming TV/Movies: Rumours, Bargains and Lies

SpaceChampion

On 6/10/2023 at 6:26 AM, IlyaP said:

What? WHY.

Inclined to agree with the question. They're not going to be able to top the film, which I consider to be a perfect little gem of a science fiction film, so why bother?

"Money." I know, I know...

I'm a huge fan of the movie, but I agree with SpaceChamp. There's a lot there that can be unpacked if done well, especially with all the advances in science these last 25 years.

Westworld was turned into a series with about 40 year gap between movie and show. BSG was rebooted after 20 years. Batman usually about 3-5 years.

I have one huge caveat: Don't suck. :P 

Edited by Myrddin

Just now, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Before the dark times, those two demonstrated an ability to deliver some pretty compelling prestige cable Tee Vee. I’m optimistic.

Yeah, after reading City of Thieves and watching 25th Hour I've decided Benioff is a genuinely good writer who just got burnt out after five season and phoned the rest in. So I'm  willing to give this a shot.

My son is watching Game of Thrones for the first time, so I've been rewatching occasional episodes with him. We're now on season four. I had forgotten how good the first seasons were, even with the changes and missteps. My son somehow has remained unspoiled for everything, so it's been fun watching the fates of Starks and Kings play out through his eyes.

I'll give this adaptation a try. No reason not to. 

1 hour ago, Darryk said:

Yeah, after reading City of Thieves and watching 25th Hour I've decided Benioff is a genuinely good writer

What I've said all along. I mean, 25th Hour is one of the best films of its decade. Yeah, yeah, Spike Lee and the casting has a lot to do with it, but it's Benioff's script based on his own book.