Upcoming TV/Movies: Rumours, Bargains and Lies

SpaceChampion

the best laid plans of mice and men / too oft go aglee. 

Fuck, man. I can't remember the last thing I tried to do that was more than one step complicated.  Children bite harder than cats. 

Edited by RumHam
Fuck I forget the substance the falcon was made of.

1 minute ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

lol hope this is a joke...the monologues were the heart of the series 

Shame they were mostly tedious, self-indulgent crap then.

Just my view. My mum loved it. 

4 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Does anyone follow Mike Flannigan? Midnight mass is possibly the best horror miniseries out there...cant wait for the fall of the house of usher !

I think Midnight Mass is the best horror series I've seen on tv, certainly on Netflix. I absolutely loved it and it stuck with me for a long time afterwards.

Outside of that I actually don't rate Flanagan's work that highly. I have similar feelings about the one's I've seen (Dr Sleep, Haunting of.., Oculous) in that there are some decent ideas in there and they are mostly well executed but always have something a little too goofy or non scary about them. I dunno, probably an issue with the genre itself but Midnight Mass was a serious, clever and interesting series that also happened to be horror. His other stuff never reaches those heights IMO.

On 6/25/2023 at 12:23 PM, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Does anyone follow Mike Flannigan? Midnight mass is possibly the best horror miniseries out there...cant wait for the fall of the house of usher !

Yeah he's one of my favourite writer-directors at the moment. Loved Midnight Mass. Loved Hill House and Bly Manor. Bly Manor felt more like a love story than a horror and was very moving.

Monologues are very much Flannigan's thing; I don't mind them but I can see some people finding them tedious after awhile.

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

Though it lost money, Paramount is thinking of making a sequel to  Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves

https://www.ign.com/articles/dungeons-dragons-movie-sequel-could-happen-lower-budget-paramount-boss

That's disappointing to hear about its underperformance. I guess marketing failed this movie, though I could see it becoming a cult classic.

And if the sequel will be with a lower budget, does that mean less pay for actors, writers, and others or for the executives? RHETORICAL QUESTION. 

The budget could lead to a better sequel if they lean into the writing and humour. The CGI action in film one was as dull as most CGI action scenes are to me; they just feel like Teflon. A low budget fight scene could still be a fantastic fight scene with the right choreography. 

Hope the sequel goes ahead. 

On 7/28/2023 at 4:23 AM, dog-days said:

A low budget fight scene could still be a fantastic fight scene with the right choreography. 

I wonder if they'll include Drizzt in the sequel, as he was in early drafts of the script for HAT before being cut due it requiring, if memory serves, too much setup and there being a feeling it would detract from the main story.

1 minute ago, IlyaP said:

I wonder if they'll include Drizzt in the sequel, as he was in early drafts of the script for HAT before being cut due it requiring, if memory serves, too much setup and there being a feeling it would detract from the main story.

I hope not unless it's as a joke in the background like the D&D cartoon reference. They should focus on the original characters and telling their story – there's nothing like fan-service to tie weights round the ankles of franchise films/TV and sink them to the ocean floor (looking at you here, Star Wars and Star Trek).