Football - , it's just that the world's about to end.

Lykos

That's probably what will happen. There's been reports that United would be willing to tear up Ronaldo's contract in January and let him leave as a free agent provided he does not insist on a payout. If he does want a payout then the club will probably look into putting him on gardening leave until the end of the season (his contract is up at the end of the season). Reports are that United has lawyers looking into the matter.

Not really, no. Ronaldo could have accepted graciously that age has caught up with him and he's declined, put the team above his own ego and become a mentor to others in the squad – Zlatan did this and is adored in Milan. Instead, Ronaldo chose to behave like an entitled twat and is so far up his own arse that he still thinks he's the best player in the world and expects to start every game and for the team to be built around him.

Nkunku injured during training with the French team. Set to miss that non-event.

Mane to miss the first games (not clear how many). He is still in Munich undergoing further examinations. Nagelsmann has been pretty adament, if he is not fit/the knee still aching, then he won't play. No matter how much the Senegale wishes otherwise

13 hours ago, Spockydog said:

I would say they've got grounds for summary dismissal on the basis of gross misconduct.

And that's exactly what he wanted to achieve with this kind of behaviour. I understand if United wants to just get rid of him and move on, but I do think they need to make a statement here. If they cave in, they might just as well come out and say Cronaldo is right. Players either get away with this (with or without a slap on the wrist) or they don't. Sure, at 400-500k/week he'd be the highest paid reserve player ever but I'm quite confident Cronaldo would keep making trouble which would allow the club to fine him and reduce his wage bill. Just run out the clock, let him expose himself as a egotistical childish twat and part ways in the summer.

If we have some 7,5 months (let's say 32-33 weeks) until his contract is up (end of June, I assume) and his current weekly wage is 500k, that expense comes to 16-16.5M. To be honest, it would be a rather expensive statement, even if the amount gets reduced because he's not playing for the senior team, doesn't get appearances/scoring bonuses etc. It would make perfect sense for United to cut their losses and cancel Cronaldo's contract if they can do that. Still, I'd love to see an egotistical twat knocked down a peg.

Article on BBC about how women wearing mens boots is causing injuries due to physiological differences between the sexes.

This seems like a no brainer to me if I'm Nike or Adidas. There is a huge market now, and the first person out the gate will make a fucking fortune.  Apparently a number of companies are going to launch for world up, amazing its taken this long though. 

4 hours ago, baxus said:

If we have some 7,5 months (let's say 32-33 weeks) until his contract is up (end of June, I assume) and his current weekly wage is 500k, that expense comes to 16-16.5M. To be honest, it would be a rather expensive statement, even if the amount gets reduced because he's not playing for the senior team, doesn't get appearances/scoring bonuses etc. It would make perfect sense for United to cut their losses and cancel Cronaldo's contract if they can do that. Still, I'd love to see an egotistical twat knocked down a peg.

The number sounds like a lot for those of us who making nothing near that, but a team like Man U can fart that out. At some point just removing the toxic element is what's more important. Sounds like he's not being received well by the national team either. 

9 hours ago, Spockydog said:

These are apparently going for around £240 per night.

I'd charge ten times more. People willing to go to this kind of World Cup in a country like that should be relieved of their money as much and as fast as possible.

Archived