Doctor Who: 60 Years of Mayhem (SPOILERS for latest episode)

Werthead

Millie Gibson will be playing the new companion Ruby Sunday. She should debut in the 2023 Christmas Special, which will also be Ncuti Gatwa's first full-time outing as the 15th Doctor (after Tennant's three-episode run as the 14th Doctor in November 2023).

Slightly terrifyingly, Gibson is almost younger than the rebooted version of the show; she was born just 9 months before Rose aired in March 2005.

Edited by Werthead

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
9 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Has there ever been a sexier Tardis team? Chuti looks amazing. I mean, I'm straight, but I definitely would. :lol:

For some reason that suit makes Chuti look like Spike Spiegel, which only makes him look more sexy, IMO.

On 4/21/2023 at 11:40 AM, Spockydog said:

Damn! These kids look incredible.

I'd be more excited if, after 60 years of watching Dr Who on Aussie TV, I didn't now have to sign up for yet another streaming service just to see the new series. Extra cranky because I was working my way through the classic series on Britbox when that disappeared too. Thanks BBC.

22 hours ago, Wall Flower said:

Extra cranky because I was working my way through the classic series on Britbox when that disappeared too. Thanks BBC.

Apparently though, the show will look better and not have a prohibitively constricted budget, which has got to be a plus! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Footage from an ‘alternate timeline’ wjere thr BBC cancels Dr Who, and sells it to ITv who cast Cliff Richard as The Doctor

What the frell did I just watch?!

• 3 months later...
51 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

That really is a big boost to the budget showing there. 

Yeah. Generally I'd be happy, though I remember that when the final series of Torchwood passed go and collected $2 million, it was less good than the preceding more sparsely funded Torchwood: Children of Earth, as if the writers' room was filled with dreams of helicopter chases and fewer script notes. But RT Davies knows what he's doing. 

Well, he does sometimes. 

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Wasn't sure if it was a spoof or not. Had imagined that these days the Doctor Who theme was one bloke of any gender with a computer. Are they actually playing the instruments or just miming? 

It was okay, but the core theme could have been allowed more prominence. 

• 2 weeks later...