How is the weather out there?

LongRider

15 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Explosive how?

New Years eve. In the US all your local bozos and kids get to play with fire crackers on the fourth of July. Here it's on New Year's Eve (check German politics thread where Mindwalker expressed her happyness about that).

Most of those don'T even know the story behind the firecrackers, they just like to see things go boom (to be fair, back when I was a teenager I enjoyed that shit, too). Basically, Chinese tradition, you scare away bad spirits/ghost with the noise, to get a fresh start into the New Year (if I am not mistaken). Anyway, it's been going for days.

Boom here,  boom there. It's fucking annoying. Scares not just bad spirits, but also real dogs. Good news, will take about a week until they run out of stuff that goes boom. One of those days, I wish I was living in the country side instead of the city. :rolleyes:

It went and snowed about two weeks ago, but that was an isolated incident because it's nothing but chilly or cold here in southeastern Kansas. It's 35 degrees Fahrenheit at 9:40 pm. Not too bad, but does that mean there will be worse weather later? I can't wait to see how chalk white my skin looks. Might need to take some Vitamin D...

41 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Holy smokes, looks like California is being washed away. Anyone build a big boat out there to load up the animals two by two?

HaHa!  That boat is in Kentucy.   Seriously though, it's bad, and sad.