U.K Politics: Revenge of the Truss.

Varysblackfyre321

Thanks Defel, I forgot to address that part. Outdated laws that treat the penis like a magical object are just that, out of date. When I say rape I'm referring to all sexual assaults, not just piv penetration. 

9 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Those are not classed as rape 

Resorting to semantic arguments about the difference between the legal definition of the word and its common usage doesn’t really strengthen your case the way you think it does.

6 minutes ago, Maltaran said:

Resorting to semantic arguments about the difference between the legal definition of the word and its common usage doesn’t really strengthen your case the way you think it does.

It’s not semantic argumentation, there is a reason why rape with a penis has been classed differently to other types of sexual assaults. If there was no difference it would not classed differently in law, even in a country like  Scotland. 

Again, I find the argument that there are Cis women rapists in female prisons not only offensively stupid but also just insulting and quite disgusting. 

On 2/16/2023 at 8:44 AM, mormont said:

I mean, you're kidding, but my cousin was a mod. His scooter club were scary.

He is Scottish. Add the adjective Scottish to anything and it will sound much more scary, esp to the English. A Scottish scooter club involuntarily invokes images of Mel Gibson in war paint rolling down the motorway. Screaming: Qapla! from the top of his lungs.

10 minutes ago, Poobah said:

Jesus fucking christ will the trolling never end? Does this forum have an ignore button?

It does, and my fora life has improved thousands of percent since I used it.  As instructed by a very compassionate member responding to my question put in the Mental Well Being thread, this is how you do it:

https://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/ignore/

Check if that link works for you.

If not on desktop site click one your user name next to your avatar. Should be on the top left below the name of the forum. A menu pops up with "Ignored Users" being one of the options.

On the mobile site click on the ≡ button on the top right and than on account and you should see "Ignored Users" as one of the options.

1 minute ago, Zorral said:

It does, and my fora life has improved thousands of percent since I used it.  As instructed by a very compassionate member responding to my question put in the Mental Well Being thread, this is how you do it:

You have my sincere thanks and appreciation.

1 hour ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

There are subsections to cover any form of penetration. 

This is the level of discourse we get to brought to you by anti-transgender reactionaries.

OK, @BigFatCoward, how do you feel now about the level of discourse? The past several pages should be pretty illuminating about what at least two sides will bring to the debate. 

17 minutes ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

Yes.  and its very effective.

I have tried it for a while but especially the UK thread reads soooo weird if you do that I gritted my teeth and  reversed it.

32 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

It’s not semantic argumentation, there is a reason why rape with a penis has been classed differently to other types of sexual assaults. If there was no difference it would not classed differently in law, even in a country like  Scotland. 

Again, I find the argument that there are Cis women rapists in female prisons not only offensively stupid but also just insulting and quite disgusting. 

Would you accept that there are cis women prisoners who have committed “assault by penetration” and that many people would call said women rapists even if the British legal definition of the term differs? As Derfel pointed out, the sentences are the same for both offences so the law clearly considers them as equal in severity.

5 minutes ago, Maltaran said:

Would you accept that there are cis women prisoners who have committed “assault by penetration” 

Yes

and that many people would call said women rapists

No I don't think many would.

As Derfel pointed out, the sentences are the same for both offences so the law clearly considers them as equal in severity.

Again not sure thats true as sentencing might depend on a number of differing factors.

20 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Thanks. I’ve never used it in the 20+ years I’ve been here, but there have been times I’ve sought it out.

7 minutes ago, kiko said:

I have tried it for a while but especially the UK thread reads soooo weird if you do that I gritted my teeth and  reversed it.

i can understand that.  but it after recently using it, I have found reading this thread in particualr so much more plesent and the temtation I used to have to respond to a the one I've chosed to ignore gone even if its obvious that he has posted something offensive.

1 minute ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

i can understand that.  but it after recently using it, I have found reading this thread in particualr so much more plesent and the temtation I used to have to respond to a the one I've chosed to ignore gone even if its obvious that he has posted something offensive.

It would be ideal if reactions were also ignored. Alas. Can't have everything.

2 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Yes

No I don't think many would.

Again not sure thats true as sentencing might depend on a number of differing factors.

Sentencing always depends on factors! The fact the max sentenxe is the same says it’s potentially equal in severity.

Back to Karadin’s basic point, which you’re trying to ignore by being pedantic, is that there are cis women in prisons guilty of serious sexual assaults against women. 

The elephant in the room imho is that the prison system is so flawed that prisoners are at risk of assault, sexual and otherwise. If someone is imprisoned by the state, the state has duty of care, and is clearly failing on so many levels.

14 minutes ago, Maltaran said:

Would you accept that there are cis women prisoners who have committed “assault by penetration” and that many people would call said women rapists even if the British legal definition of the term differs? As Derfel pointed out, the sentences are the same for both offences so the law clearly considers them as equal in severity.

I'm not going to get drawn onto the rest of this thread as it's getting unpleasant. But most people definitely think of sex by penetration by a penis as rape (most even don't include oral penetration as rape despite it being so).

And matching sentences mean nothing, robbery and murder have the same maximum sentence, they are not equivalent. 

19 minutes ago, Week said:

It would be ideal if reactions were also ignored. Alas. Can't have everything.

I have not found reactions to be so problematic.  I mean you have to go back and look for them.  I don't get notified when someone reacts to my post.  and If I get a confused or laughing reaction from a blocked person, I just assume my point was well made.  Engauging with that person is exhausting, futile and not worth my time.

Archived