[Spoilers] Rings of Power 4: The Battle for Middle-Earth begins

Ser Drewy

There was no need to modify Galadriel character, she doen't need to prove she is the strongest, she already is .
Finrod joined the company of Beren and Luthien, they were allowed to marry each other if Beren takes one of the Silmarils owned by Morgoth , who put the three gems in his crown.
Finrod , who was an elf king decides to help the couple , before being captured he lost a song battle against Sauron, who captured the Company except Luthien, who was an elf princess.
Finrod lost his life protecting Beren , he fought a werewolf and killed the monster with his bare hands , that's how Finrod died.
I think Rop writers are arrogant activists that believe to be better than Tolkien, just because they embraced a certain culture that wold make them superior .
There is no way to fix the tv series, the characters are changed , there was no need to change characters written by the best writer of fantasy novels.

4 hours ago, KingAerys_II said:

There was no need to modify Galadriel character, she doen't need to prove she is the strongest, she already is .
Finrod joined the company of Beren and Luthien, they were allowed to marry each other if Beren takes one of the Silmarils owned by Morgoth , who put the three gems in his crown.
Finrod , who was an elf king decides to help the couple , before being captured he lost a song battle against Sauron, who captured the Company except Luthien, who was an elf princess.
Finrod lost his life protecting Beren , he fought a werewolf and killed the monster with his bare hands , that's how Finrod died.
I think Rop writers are arrogant activists that believe to be better than Tolkien, just because they embraced a certain culture that wold make them superior .
There is no way to fix the tv series, the characters are changed , there was no need to change characters written by the best writer of fantasy novels.

They altered Finrod’s death… didn’t they?

1 hour ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Pretty much. Finrod getting branded with Sauron's sigil a sketch of Mordor, that would guide Morgoth's servants to gather and rebuilt there, and his body being taken to Galadriel conflicts with the Silmarillion's version of events.

8 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

If I am not wrong, tv series Finrod dies during The War of Wrath, instead Finrod dies fighting a werewolf at the time of Beren and Luthien, Beren and Luthien lived before the War of Wrath , Finrod was the king of the Nargothrond.

Then Galadriel should be already married to Celeborn during the creation of the rings

7 hours ago, ASOIAFrelatedusername said:

Pretty much. Finrod getting branded with Sauron's sigil a sketch of Mordor, that would guide Morgoth's servants to gather and rebuilt there, and his body being taken to Galadriel conflicts with the Silmarillion's version of events.

The show writers don’t have the rights to The Silmarillion, so unless Finrod’s death is described in thr LotR appendicss, the Tolkein estate would get sued for describing his death as it happened in Thr Silmarillion (unless they got permission from thr estate)

If you want to have a laugh

https://www.theonering.net/torwp/2024/01/18/117474-spy-report-the-rings-of-power-season-2-to-expand-on-sauron-in-huge-new-ways/

https://www.theonering.net/torwp/2024/01/18/117354-spy-report-suggests-an-unhinged-season-2-of-the-rings-of-power/

3 hours ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

The show writers don’t have the rights to The Silmarillion, so unless Finrod’s death is described in thr LotR appendicss, the Tolkein estate would get sued for describing his death as it happened in Thr Silmarillion (unless they got permission from thr estate)

They could have just not included that scene, especially since it doesn't make any sense. Or they could have had Galadriel finding Finrod's grave.

Edited by ASOIAFrelatedusername

2 hours ago, ASOIAFrelatedusername said:

If you want to have a laugh

https://www.theonering.net/torwp/2024/01/18/117474-spy-report-the-rings-of-power-season-2-to-expand-on-sauron-in-huge-new-ways/

https://www.theonering.net/torwp/2024/01/18/117354-spy-report-suggests-an-unhinged-season-2-of-the-rings-of-power/

They could have just not included that scene, especially since it doesn't make any sense. Or they could have had Galadriel finding Finrod's grave.

This part made me laugh out loud:

1. The pair, as Bombadil and Goldberry, are serving out a punishment from Mandos per “a long-held fan theory” (Editor: this [b]“long-held fan theory” is news to us.).[/b]

Eta: I hate every one of these potential leaks but they sound accurate to what we've seen so yes, I believe them.

How many episodes is this supposed to be? Its a lot of ground to cover even without at least 2 standalones.

Edited by HexMachina

39 minutes ago, HexMachina said:

This part made me laugh out loud:

Eta: I hate every one of these potential leaks but they sound accurate to what we've seen so yes, I believe them.

How many episodes is this supposed to be? Its a lot of ground to cover even without at least 2 standalones.

I’ve been a Tolkien fan for 43 years.  I’ve never, in my entire life, read a “fan theory” that Bombidal and Goldberry were banished to their lands by Mandos…

What… the… actual… fuck?

5 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I’ve been a Tolkien fan for 43 years.  I’ve never, in my entire life, read a “fan theory” that Bombidal and Goldberry were banished to their lands by Mandos…

What… the… actual… fuck?

That one is so hilariously stupid I'm actually all for it.

2 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

That one is so hilariously stupid I'm actually all for it.

It’s worse than described…

“Tom Bombadil and Goldberry are in an episode. They are played by the same actor and actress as Melkor/Morgoth and Ungoliant. The show will confirm the long-held fan theory that Tom and Goldberry are Melkor and Ungoliant serving out their punishment bestowed on them by Mandos.

No… no… no… no… just fucking… NO!

“Tom Bombadil and Goldberry are in an episode. They are played by the same actor and actress as Melkor/Morgoth and Ungoliant. The show will confirm the long-held fan theory that Tom and Goldberry are Melkor and Ungoliant serving out their punishment bestowed on them by Mandos.

Do they offer any insight into why Melkor takes the ring, has a laugh and then returns it? :read:

Edited by baxus

Whomever came out with the Tom Bombadil theory clearly never read LOTR, not even a decent summary of it. Likely a drunk guy at a rave told this person the story, and being drunk themselves proceeded to start theorizing and post it online.

On Finrod, the only thing in the LOTR Appendices about his fate is that he died saving Beren's life. No details given. But they couldn't even do that, since they haven't bothered with Beren yet.