DC Cinematic Universe: Let the Blames Begin

I’m genuinely scared people will watch that trailer and go watch this dumpster fire of a movie. Nothing about this deserves to make money, from Miller’s shit stain real life antics to the deeply cynical ‘ooh look marvel are doing multiverses’ lack of original thought. 

Edited by Heartofice

1 hour ago, Heartofice said:

I’m genuinely scared people will watch that trailer and go watch this dumpster fire of a movie. Nothing about this deserves to make money, from Miller’s shit stain real life antics to the deeply cynical ‘ooh look marvel are doing multiverses’ lack of original thought. 

Hasn't this been in development hell for so long that they were really doing their multiverses at the same time?

33 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Hasn't this been in development hell for so long that they were really doing their multiverses at the same time?

Maybe, who knows what is going on there, it might be they changed tack on the movie halfway through and decided to do the multiverse thing after seeing Spider-Man’s success. Wouldn’t put it past them!

3 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Maybe, who knows what is going on there, it might be they changed tack on the movie halfway through and decided to do the multiverse thing after seeing Spider-Man’s success. Wouldn’t put it past them!

:dunno: 

I thought I had heard Flashpoint as the basis for the movie going back to when Justice League came out.

Alright two things. How dare they make a Flash Point film without Thawne, he's easily Barry's best villain.

On another note, I've heard this Flash film has been in development for so long, they changed the ending several times. So it's going to be nuts to see which one we finally get.

Y'all talking about The Flash movie that may or may not be the big shit this summer, meanwhile I'm amazed at the quality of season 3 of Superman & Lois. It has the stigma of being on The CW, and parts of it are still very much CW-ish. The main plot this season, though, there's some heavy stuff there.

7 hours ago, sifth said:

On another note, I've heard this Flash film has been in development for so long, they changed the ending several times. So it's going to be nuts to see which one we finally get.

It’s been in development since before Gunn took over, so at the very least it’s been changed to wipe the continuity and turn it into the Gunniverse. I’m fascinated to know how you achieve that and provide a satisfying conclusion to the movie itself AND let the audience know that certain parts are carrying over (Peacemaker, fuck knows how Aquaman works) AND possibly bring Ezra as the Flash to a close? That’s quite a job. 

Y’all making me feel bad for seeing it, but I’m still gonna. I’m excited for DC now it has some direction, and I loved Keaton’s Batman as a kid.

14 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

Y’all making me feel bad for seeing it, but I’m still gonna. I’m excited for DC now it has some direction, and I loved Keaton’s Batman as a kid.

You absolutely should feel bad for seeing this! 

I do wonder how much of a draw Keatons Batman is however. Have kids really watched him? It would be like Adam West turning up in Batman Begins ( which admittedly would be awesome) or actually more like the guy who played Batman in that old black and white series. 

Either way, I’m certain the  trailer is 100 times better than the movie. There is no way something with this many issues gets to be good 

3 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

There's no need to feel bad. Hollywood is full of sick freaks and if you started policing what someone has a right to watch and what someone doesn't, you literally become the "no fun police". Plus even if Miller is a sick freak, who should be in jail, Micheal Keaton, Sasha Calle, Kiersey Clemons and Micheal Shannon did nothing wrong; at least as far as I can tell.

14 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

Y'all talking about The Flash movie that may or may not be the big shit this summer, meanwhile I'm amazed at the quality of season 3 of Superman & Lois. It has the stigma of being on The CW, and parts of it are still very much CW-ish. The main plot this season, though, there's some heavy stuff there.

Tyler Hoechlin is a superior Superman. Thought so since he first appeared.  He should be doing all the Superman stuff.  The CW should absolutely NOT be a stigma from using those actors on the big screen...most at any rate.  

Speaking of Flash and Superman… I was reading an article yesterday that said Cavill has no scenes as Supes in this movie. Which feels bizarre to me since much of the central conflict in the movie looks to be a rerun of Man of Steel. 

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

Speaking of Flash and Superman… I was reading an article yesterday that said Cavill has no scenes as Supes in this movie. Which feels bizarre to me since much of the central conflict in the movie looks to be a rerun of Man of Steel. 

I think its meant to be a tineline where its supergirl and not superman, ie maybe Kara got sent to earth rather than clark. I’m guessing

1 minute ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

I think its meant to be a tineline where its supergirl and not superman, ie maybe Kara got sent to earth rather than clark. I’m guessing

It would be weird for Barry's actions in the past on Earth to make a difference to that.

5 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Tyler Hoechlin is a superior Superman. Thought so since he first appeared.  He should be doing all the Superman stuff.  The CW should absolutely NOT be a stigma from using those actors on the big screen...most at any rate.  

And an even better Clark Kent.

2 hours ago, polishgenius said:

I mean, that was true of the original Flashpoint. It wasn't the same changes, but it changed the world on a scale that had nothing to do with direct cause-and-effect of Flash saving his mother. It was basically an excuse for DC to do a House of M/Age of Apocalypse type story. 

In the original story, Thawne has some technical babel, about how breaking the speed barrier causes changes in the timeline, ever so slightly, but enough to throw things out of wack.